AHARRIS22

Homebridge

Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi

Has anyone used homebridge before ? I want to know how to set it up on a RP and if I can use a RP that is already being used for a Kodi Tv box or if I will need a separate RB

DougieLawson

Re: Homebridge

Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:10 pm

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

startingup

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

I think you could use a raspberry pi which is already setup for kodi, but it would need to remain turned on constantly, or at least for the hours when you want to use/access homebridge.

I'm fairly sure in one setup guide it mentioned using a pi which is already running OSMC (a stripped down O/S just for kodi). It just involved installing a few more packages before installing homebridge.

ztalbot2000

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm

I wanted to see what HomeBridge could do and only had a light so I created a plugin https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-cmd4
that lets you virtualize almost all devices in HomeKit so you can try HomeKit without having any devices at all. This may help some people. You still need a Raspberry Pi or other device to run HomeBridge on, but at least you can try HomeKit out and see what it has to offer..
May I also suggest you try the Eve App, instead of HomeKit. It is better visually and a little more advanced at this time than HomeKit is.

Return to “Advanced users”