PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Your results are the same as Siewert308SW's. I have a comment sitting in a moderation queue on the PiModules forum...

ktb
Posts: 1380
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Good luck. Some of their customers have been waiting months and even years for responses/fixes.

User avatar
PiModules
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Athens -Greece
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:00 am

PhilE wrote:Thanks for the feedback - I'm clutching at straws and it was worth a try.

It sounds like you can send and receive any data you like as long as it's ff.

More straw clutching: have you tried dropping the I2C baud rate? "dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=10000" in config.txt should do the job.
Hi,
I'm the bad man who designed the PIco devices ;) . Was not able to test them with the new kernel before due to overload working on the firmware update with other functionalities. Assuming that should be working, as it is just I2C. But not. Seems there is something between. So, yes, I can confirm that adding "dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=10000" in config.txt corrects the problem. However I think we need to find the reason and fix it on our side (PIco). I will be able to connect again the protocol analyzer together with DSO and make an in depth analysis on both kernels. But it will take some days until I will be able to provide the results.
So, please wait little bit, until then we need to use the proposed by PhilE solution as it is working until now properly.
BR Ioannis
http://www.pimodules.com

User avatar
Siewert308SW
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:35 am

PiModules wrote:
PhilE wrote:Thanks for the feedback - I'm clutching at straws and it was worth a try.

It sounds like you can send and receive any data you like as long as it's ff.

More straw clutching: have you tried dropping the I2C baud rate? "dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=10000" in config.txt should do the job.
Hi,
I'm the bad man who designed the PIco devices ;) . Was not able to test them with the new kernel before due to overload working on the firmware update with other functionalities. Assuming that should be working, as it is just I2C. But not. Seems there is something between. So, yes, I can confirm that adding "dtparam=i2c1_baudrate=10000" in config.txt corrects the problem. However I think we need to find the reason and fix it on our side (PIco). I will be able to connect again the protocol analyzer together with DSO and make an in depth analysis on both kernels. But it will take some days until I will be able to provide the results.
So, please wait little bit, until then we need to use the proposed by PhilE solution as it is working until now properly.
BR Ioannis
http://www.pimodules.com
Thx for the reply, we will see the results of that analysis.
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

https://github.com/Siewert308SW

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks, Ioannis - let me know if I can help ([email protected]).

User avatar
PiModules
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Athens -Greece
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 pm

PhilE wrote:Thanks, Ioannis - let me know if I can help ([email protected]).
Hi,
Thank you PhilE for already provided support!!
I was not able to wait more to see what is wrong on the combination of both systems, and set up a testing workbench in order to do some basic measurements.
I'm sending you an email with my observation for your comments. There are very interesting. Please check your email when have a free time. It will be on your mailbox in about 10 minutes, just editing
Thank you again for your already provided support.
My Warmest Regards
Ioannis
http://www.pimodules.com

User avatar
g7ruh
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 am
Location: Blackfield UK

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:24 pm

WiFi dongle Edimax EW7811UN activity indicator remains on: firmware 4.9 raised firmware issue here https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/751

Has anyone else noticed acivity indicator issues with WiFi dongles in F/W 4.9? I did not notice it in my 4.9 testing as I was using eth0 connected devices :oops:

It is fine in firmware 4.4.5 but remains on all the time in firmware 4.9. The WiFi works fine in 4.9, just the activity indicator does not work. It is rather important as a quick check of the well being of the Pi and the WiFi link / network.

Roger

MrEngman
Posts: 3841
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:08 pm

g7ruh wrote:WiFi dongle Edimax EW7811UN activity indicator remains on: firmware 4.9 raised firmware issue here https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/751

Has anyone else noticed acivity indicator issues with WiFi dongles in F/W 4.9? I did not notice it in my 4.9 testing as I was using eth0 connected devices :oops:

It is fine in firmware 4.4.5 but remains on all the time in firmware 4.9. The WiFi works fine in 4.9, just the activity indicator does not work. It is rather important as a quick check of the well being of the Pi and the WiFi link / network.

Roger
I have seen this often with not just 4.9, but with various 4.x.x kernels and I even think late versions of 3.18.

Sometimes powering off and disconnecting the power from the Pi for a short time and then re-applying the power and rebooting and the LED behaves normally, but not always. I generally update the kernel on my Pi using rpi-update whenever the kernel is updated so I've tried every raspbian kernel version available via rpi-update. I do this as I compile several out of tree wifi drivers so update the kernel and recompile the drivers when ever there is an update to make sure I have working drivers for whatever kernel version is available.

Whether the wifi LED flashes normally or stays on permanently the wifi seems to work OK.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

dukla2000
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am
Location: Reading.UK.EU

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:25 pm

dom wrote:
dukla2000 wrote: Did notice

Code: Select all

[    0.000000] arm_arch_timer: WARNING: Invalid trigger for IRQ16, assuming level low
[    0.000000] arm_arch_timer: WARNING: Please fix your firmware
[    0.000000] arm_arch_timer: WARNING: Invalid trigger for IRQ17, assuming level low
[    0.000000] arm_arch_timer: WARNING: Please fix your firmware
in dmesg for each CPU - think its new but can't notice any consequent problems.[/code]
This is fixed in latest 4.9 kernel.
Confirmed :D

Not sure if it is something I have broken, but I am now getting powersave as default governor (easily solved by zapping cpufreq/scaling_governor).
Also had a lot of boots (including reboots that seemed to have suitable unmounts flashing before my eyes) with fsck running on mmcblk0p1 & mmcblk0p2. Eventually added fsck.mode=skip to cmdline.txt which stopped it, most odd was when I removed fsck.mode from cmdline.txt the fscks have stayed stopped!

Code: Select all

$ uname -a
Linux dukla 4.9.11-v7+ #969 SMP Mon Feb 20 12:55:08 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

User avatar
g7ruh
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:49 am
Location: Blackfield UK

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:41 pm

MrEngman wrote: Sometimes powering off and disconnecting the power from the Pi for a short time

Thanks for the comment MrEngman. I have not noticed the issue before, but then maybe I don't do as much testing / rebooting as you for driver support.

The issue seems hard with FW 4.9, before I raised the issue I performed numerous power on / off cycles as I was wondering if I had a dongle failure!! That is why I know it fails on a Pi3, the nearest other device for fault-finding and it occured with several dongles (same type) several times, each time after reverting to 4.4 FW all was fine.

Roger
PS I see you live just across the water from me.

MrEngman
Posts: 3841
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm

g7ruh wrote:
MrEngman wrote: Sometimes powering off and disconnecting the power from the Pi for a short time

Thanks for the comment MrEngman. I have not noticed the issue before, but then maybe I don't do as much testing / rebooting as you for driver support.

The issue seems hard with FW 4.9, before I raised the issue I performed numerous power on / off cycles as I was wondering if I had a dongle failure!! That is why I know it fails on a Pi3, the nearest other device for fault-finding and it occured with several dongles (same type) several times, each time after reverting to 4.4 FW all was fine.

Roger
PS I see you live just across the water from me.
This problem also occurs with wifi modules using different drivers. I have two B+ and a 2B each with a TP-Link WN725N wifi and they currently all have the LED permanently on. Kernel is 4.9.11(-v7)+ #971 on all three Pi's. They flash a few times while booting and then turn on permanently.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is some sort of USB timing problem.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

cjan
Posts: 719
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:51 am

cjan wrote:
cjan wrote:wifi dongle 8192cu module did not blinking.
indicator led light did not blinking.
and, after hours become drop & reconnect repeatedly.
update to 4.9.13-v7+ #972, and did not fix the issue.
so, what is point, user test and feed back in this sub-forum?

dukla2000
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am
Location: Reading.UK.EU

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

dukla2000 wrote:Not sure if it is something I have broken, but I am now getting powersave as default governor (easily solved by zapping cpufreq/scaling_governor).
Also had a lot of boots (including reboots that seemed to have suitable unmounts flashing before my eyes) with fsck running on mmcblk0p1 & mmcblk0p2. Eventually added fsck.mode=skip to cmdline.txt which stopped it, most odd was when I removed fsck.mode from cmdline.txt the fscks have stayed stopped!

Code: Select all

$ uname -a
Linux dukla 4.9.11-v7+ #969 SMP Mon Feb 20 12:55:08 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
Also with

Code: Select all

$ uname -a
Linux dukla 4.9.13-v7+ #972 SMP Sun Feb 26 20:27:50 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:38 pm

On Raspbian, the "raspi-config" init script (/etc/init.d/raspi-config) switches to (and configures) the ondemand governor unless the shift key is held down.

Which distribution are you running? And is your shift key stuck? :)

dukla2000
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am
Location: Reading.UK.EU

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:31 pm

/etc/init.d/raspi-config looks intact - where do its log messages land? (I'm not very good at what is where in /var/log/ but can't find messages from raspi-config there on a quick browse.)

Bluetooth keyboard so from a typing point of view no keyboard during boot. Very rarely use shift or shift-lock so wouldn't expect any hangover artefacts.

Running Raspbian - did change http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ to stretch the other day so perhaps that was the self-inflicted wound?

Code: Select all

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Raspbian
Description:	Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.0 (stretch)
Release:	9.0
Codename:	stretch
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

The output from processes started by systemd ends up in /var/log/syslog.

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~ $ sudo grep governor /var/log/syslog
Feb 28 09:43:30 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed)...
Feb 28 09:43:30 raspberrypi raspi-config[200]: Checking if shift key is held down: No. Switching to ondemand scaling governor.
Feb 28 09:43:30 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: Switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed).
Feb 28 10:11:21 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed)...
Feb 28 10:11:21 raspberrypi raspi-config[198]: No. Switching to ondemand scaling governor.
Feb 28 10:11:21 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started LSB: Switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed).
...

User avatar
PiModules
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Athens -Greece
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

PiModules wrote:
PhilE wrote:Thanks, Ioannis - let me know if I can help ([email protected]).
Hi,
Thank you PhilE for already provided support!!
I was not able to wait more to see what is wrong on the combination of both systems, and set up a testing workbench in order to do some basic measurements.
I'm sending you an email with my observation for your comments. There are very interesting. Please check your email when have a free time. It will be on your mailbox in about 10 minutes, just editing
Thank you again for your already provided support.
My Warmest Regards
Ioannis
http://www.pimodules.com
Hi,
Just to let you know we solved the problem with I2C for the kernel 4.9 on all models of the PIco old and new one. In the new ongoing firmware for HV3.0 it will be already included in the update we are releasing next days, as also in the firmware update for the HV1.1 and HV1.0. However for these models (HV1.0 and HV1.1) it will be little bit delayed as we are working on a very cumulative update of the firmware of the old models, making them similar with the new one HV3.0 (as much as possible)

@PhilE
Thank you for provided help to solve the problem easy and fast.
Warmest Regards
Ioannis
http://www.pimodules.com

PhilE
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm

That's good news. I still want to look at the initial I2C speed and whether the actual bus speed can ever exceed the requested maximum, but it sounds like it isn't an issue at the moment.

pepeEL
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi
I have Raspberry Pi3. Now i have a FW 4.4.48-v7+
I try update my FW to version 4.9 but when i try i have this info:

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~$ sudo rpi-update
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Performing self-update
 *** Relaunching after update
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Your firmware is already up to date
[email protected]:~$
Please help me. I am beginner user Linux.

User avatar
PiModules
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:20 pm
Location: Athens -Greece
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:33 pm

PhilE wrote:That's good news. I still want to look at the initial I2C speed and whether the actual bus speed can ever exceed the requested maximum, but it sounds like it isn't an issue at the moment.
not for our device at least, working well and stable on our side
BR Io
www.pimodules.com

pepeEL
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:53 pm

Siewert308SW wrote:
PhilE wrote:I know this doesn't help you, but I2C isn't completely dead. The Sense HAT seems to work as normal - display, compass, joystick etc. - as does an I2C RTC.

1) Make sure you don't load the i2c-bcm2708 driver - no overlay, not in /etc/modules.
2) Add " i2c_bcm2835.debug=3" to /boot/cmdline.txt.
3) Reboot.
4) Try to access the UPS devices via i2cget etc., then dump the output of dmesg into a text file and upload it where we can see it.
Just a little bit earlier then expected.
But here are my findings.

Information on 4.4.50 PI3 in working condition:
Some screenshots while running 4.4.50 kernel on my Pi3.
On which everything is working as it should be.
When doing i2cget -y 1 0x69 0x26 i get a output of 0x24, in this case i read the current firmware version

System Info:
Image
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/232 ... ebug_1.png


UPS HV3.0A Stack Plus:
Image
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/232 ... ebug_2.png

i2cdetect -y 1 output

Code: Select all

      0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU 69 6a 6b 6c 6d 6e 6f
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Next i went into /etc/modules and comment out all driver loads.
Only let i2c-dev untouched and added i2c_bcm2835.debug=3 to the cmdline.txt
Connected to the UPS by i2cget -y 1 0x69 0x26.
Output : http://pastebin.com/bJjGzBev

Information on 4.9.11 PI3 in non working condition:
Next i ran rpi-update and upgraded to 4.9.11-v7+ armv7l
Rebooted and and connected to the UPS by i2cget -y 1 0x69 0x26 i got a output of 0xff which should output 0x24
Output : http://pastebin.com/f9vXqqhn

i2cdetect -y 1 output on 4.9.11

Code: Select all

     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  a  b  c  d  e  f
00:          -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 68 69 6a 6b 6c 6d 6e 6f
70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
edit: Just notice that after doing i2cget -y 1 0x69 0x26 it also wrote instead of reading.
After returning to 4.4.50 a saw it wrote 0xde to the ups, weird...
How you create this system info on your raspberry with domoticz ? I installed my Domoticz from image sd card and i have other system info...

lbog
Posts: 177
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:44 am

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 pm

pepeEL wrote: I try update my FW to version 4.9 but when i try i have this info:

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~$ sudo rpi-update
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Performing self-update
 *** Relaunching after update
 *** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Your firmware is already up to date
[email protected]:~$

Code: Select all

:~ $ uname -a && cat /boot/.firmware_revision
Linux <hostname> 4.9.13-v7+ #972 SMP Sun Feb 26 20:27:50 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
411288a7e31067fffa1b955a30b133bf2902bb54

:~ $ uname -a && cat /boot/.firmware_revision
Linux <hostname> 4.4.48-v7+ #964 SMP Mon Feb 13 16:57:51 GMT 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux
411288a7e31067fffa1b955a30b133bf2902bb54
pepeEL wrote: Please help me. I am beginner user Linux.
Try

Code: Select all

sudo rm /boot/.firmware_revision
sudo rpi-update
sudo shutdown -r +1
uname -a

User avatar
Siewert308SW
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact: Website

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 pm

pepeEL wrote:
How you create this system info on your raspberry with domoticz ? I installed my Domoticz from image sd card and i have other system info...
Simpler version can be found in my bitbucket...
https://bitbucket.org/Siewert308SW/domoticz/src
Setup:
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / Domo Beta 3.9XXX / RFXtrx433E / Aeotec Gen5
- RPi3 - PIco HV3.0A / PiHole / PiVPN / NAS / Print Server
- Youless Elec&Gas
- FI9803P Cams
- KD101 detectors
- Zwave & KaKu

https://github.com/Siewert308SW

dukla2000
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:02 am
Location: Reading.UK.EU

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:00 pm

PhilE wrote:The output from processes started by systemd ends up in /var/log/syslog.
Bizarre, I have nothing "governor" in syslog - best I can do (as user or su) is

Code: Select all

$ grep "Starting LSB" /var/log/syslog
Feb 28 21:13:50 dukla systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Autogenerate and use a swap file...
Feb 28 21:13:50 dukla systemd[1]: Starting LSB: IPv4 DHCP client with IPv4LL support...
Feb 28 21:13:52 dukla systemd[1]: Starting LSB: exim Mail Transport Agent...
Feb 28 21:13:52 dukla systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Start NTP daemon...
OK so systemd has decided not to run raspi-config (sudo /etc/init.d/raspi-config start does work fine). raspi-config is 'generated' in systemctl list-unit-files (as are swap, dhcpcd, exim4 & NTP) but not present in systemctl list-units.

Code: Select all

$ systemctl status raspi-config.service
● raspi-config.service - LSB: Switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed)
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/raspi-config; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
But systemctl start raspi-config.service runs just fine and sets ondemand!
Dr Google casts a variety of aspersions on raspi-config none of which make sense as it apparently can work (and used to work) - can't find the appropriate/correct fix though.
Daily driver: Pi3B, 64GB Samsung Evo+ @100MHz, DVB-T, onboard WiFi for internet, BT/USB dongle for KB/mouse, 250GB HDD via USB for media, Raspbian Jessie Lite with Openbox desktop.
Museum: Pi B

pepeEL
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:23 am

Re: Moving Linux kernel to 4.9

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:58 am

lbog wrote:
pepeEL wrote:
Try

Code: Select all

sudo rm /boot/.firmware_revision
sudo rpi-update
sudo shutdown -r +1
uname -a
Ok i do it but after reboot my Domoticz not working. Web page can not be open. Why ?

Now i must back to old FW... But how i can go back to version ex. 4.4.48 ? Or how resolve problem on new fw with not working Domoticz ?
Please help. Now my Domoticz not working.

On my RPi3 i have connected RAZBERRY ZWAVE 1 GPIO, gateway MySensors on Arduino Nano by USB and RFLink gateway on Arduiono Mega 2560 by USB.

Please help.

Return to “Advanced users”