JesterCoder

Festival TTS viseme file generation in bash / python

Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi All,

Am currently working on a project that uses Festival TTS engine. Have used it plenty before. I have also used pyfestival to do basic stuff. I am currently trying to generate the viseme file for a piece of text. This works perfectly if done in the Festival command interpreter, I need to do the exact same but in bash or python.

Code: Select all

festival> (set! mytext (SayText "Hello word"))
festival> (utt.save.segs mytext "hw_viseme_file")
Have searched high and low for this info but have drawn a blank. All input gratefully received at this point.

Many thanks.

hiddenotebook

Re: Festival TTS viseme file generation in bash / python

Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:31 am

Please man, can you share some intel about Festival? some examples or whatever you have I need to use it but I'm very new with festival.

Thank you.

Severian

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 am

hiddenotebook wrote:Please man, can you share some intel about Festival?
I used Festival quite a bit a few years back. It works pretty well, but I encourage you to look for alternate voices. There were some from a Japanese site that I liked fairly well. Google for additional voices for festival. There was a company(Cepstral) that sold licenses for voices that sounded much better than any of the free ones I found. Another gent in the co-working facility demoed the one he bought about 5 years ago. I was impressed, but the licensing was bad for me. They wanted $30 per machine and that does not work for me. I have a dozen development machines at least and for any givenproject, I might start on any of them. If it was $30 for all of my personal machines, I'd have been a customer.

All my Festival use was on x86 boxes and driven by Python programs. Thanks for the question. I am going to try it on the Raspberry Pi soon. I just installed the programs and now I have to configure the extra voice.
Good day

hiddenotebook

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks 4 this answer! I tried Festival with my raspberry I don't care if the voice sound robotic I like it. We have two good voices in Spain thanks to guadalinex they can read pretty well and clear even words with accents. They did a good job.

I'll like to learn more about the use so if you will make a new post about it I can help

This is what I learn with festival:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=122421&p=827824&hi ... al#p827824

But I need learn much more the big point is voice recognition with Julius and speak with festival to make a robot like openQBO
ROS is too much for me by this moment I think he he..

So if anyone has some information about Julius or Festival please share!!

Thank you all.

Return to “Advanced users”