Jsnow0187

Diy ambilight help.

Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:44 am

Ok, so i am trying to hook my HTPC up as nice as possible. I am looking for program to control analog rgb 5050 led strips based off the on-screen image.
I have the circuit for the leds worked out, and am able to control the color with pigpio. All the tutorials and programs have found that interface with kodi work with digital, individually addressable leds.
I have a 12v power source feeding the leds, with the ground connected to the ,3 gpio pins are hooked to 220ohm resistors, then to tp120 transistors, which then connect to each color on the rgb strip. This works good

Im relatively new to coding and don't know much, but im figuring if i could write some code to get the average color of the onscreen image, then in (python?) Tell pigpio(piblaster) or other pwm to send the corresponding signal to each channel.

I have researched into hyperion, and boblight but i cant find how to get them to work with analog leds.

Also i was not able to get pigpio to install on osmc, what could i use for led control on osmc? I have exhausted google in led control. Please help.

Jsnow0187

Re: Diy ambilight help.

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:57 am

Anyone?

Return to “Advanced users”