aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: How to run HDMI and Official Raspberry Pi Display (DSI) simu

Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:19 am

you can use omxplayer and play a different video on each screen (if you want to).
As said: this is still beta. If you're new to this topic you should better wait until it's officially released.

sorry, posted the wrong picture! This ones shows DPI +HDMI.
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0543.jpg (54.09 KiB) Viewed 952 times

magichalo

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 am

Hello,

I am super excited to see this development happening, I'm running it with my monitor in HDMI and with an official Raspi LCD Screen in DSI and it works wonders! Can't thank you enough.

I'm looking into expanding out to other DSI displays, I was wondering if this is possible yet? What I'm looking to do is if there is reverse-display (setting HDMI as default, and raspi2raspi to DSI) since there is more configuration options in setting the HDMI display than DSI.

I'm working on a project to display a small 320x320 image on a small display, so any help would be appreciated.

bs_pi

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi magichalo

Which project are you referring to, raspi2raspi or the one aBUGs was mentioning?

Thank you

magichalo

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi bs_pi

I'm referring to the raspi2raspi program, the aBUGs one I've posted onto the thread mentioned

I have looked at a previous post on this thread that does what I asked by changing the parameters (0->5 and vice versa) and setting the default framerate so it runs a bit more smoothly. It does what I wanted to do, now I'd like to see if this can extend onto other displays connected and not just the Official rpi one

bs_pi

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi magichalo

Seeing that you have tested both tools (raspi2raspi and the one linked to by aBUGS). Am I correct on thinking that the one linked by aBUGS cannot clone a screen, which is what raspi2raspi is supposed to do?

Thank you

magichalo

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 am

Hi bs_pi

Using the rpi3b+, they each do their own individual respective tasks, so the raspi2raspi does duplicate display for HDMI & DSI Touchscreen. Using the multiple framebuffer link by aBUGs, it interfaces the HDMI and DSI simultaneously, but I've been having issues with it due to not having the second framebuffer, but they're both enabled. I hope that with further development (I've taken a break on testing it) that it can do extended display on boot automatically. I see that aBUGs has managed to get it working!

Return to “Advanced users”