EMJB

libcec 3.0.1 & Raspbian

Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks to inputs from (in no particular order) Alexander P, Sam Nazarko, nlrb & gkreidl, I have generated a script to install the latest version of libcec on my Pi1 and Pi2 as follows:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

# This script is intended to install the latest version of libcec on a Pi running Raspbian
# It has been tested on Pi1 & Pi2 using the latest Raspbian as of 26/7/2015 and CEC version 3.0.1

# To run this file "bash /xxxx/TRANSCEND/libcecinstall.sh" where xxxx is the directory where this file is held 
# or "rm /tmp/libcecinstall.log -f && bash /xxxx/TRANSCEND/libcecinstall.sh  |& tee /tmp/libcecinstall.log" if you want a log file

# Thanks to Alexander P, Sam Nazarko, nlrb & gkreidl for the inputs that enabled me to get this working

COLOUR='\033[0;31m' # Red
NC='\033[0m' # No Color

echo
echo -e ${COLOUR}"Running libcec installation script${NC}"
echo

echo "Installing the prerequisites for building libcec:"
sudo apt-get install git cmake g++-4.8 checkinstall liblockdev1-dev libudev-dev libxrandr-dev python-dev swig
sudo apt-get install libraspberrypi-dev 
echo
echo -e ${COLOUR}"Cloning the Pulse-Eight libcec repository:"${NC}
echo
mkdir /home/pi/libcecworkarea
cd /home/pi/libcecworkarea
git clone --recursive https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec.git
echo
echo -e ${COLOUR}"Creating the cec platform library:"${NC}
echo
cd /home/pi/libcecworkarea/libcec/src/platform
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DRPI_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DRPI_LIB_DIR=/opt/vc/lib -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.8 ..
make
sudo make install
echo
echo -e ${COLOUR}"Building libcec:"${NC}
echo
cd /home/pi/libcecworkarea/libcec
mkdir build
cd build
export LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib
cmake -DRPI_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/vc/include -DRPI_LIB_DIR=/opt/vc/lib -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.8 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=1 ..
make
sudo -E bash -c 'make install'
echo
echo -e ${COLOUR}"libcec installation script completed\n"${NC}
echo

though you may wish to change the workarea directory name and location. I hope this is of help to others who may be struggling as I did.

winstonwp

Re: libcec 3.0.1 & Raspbian

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:03 am

Thank you very much, this script corrected a couple of mistakes I made following those same blogs. Works like a charm in Rasp 2 using Whezzy.

Return to “Advanced users”