sacepums

pn532 to act as a NFC NDEF tag

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Hello everybody.
I have a PI hooked up to a pn532 module via uart and it is reading tags with no problem. But I would like the module to act as a tag so I can read it with a mobile device (iOS or Android). As I understand it is possible for pn532 for example using libnfc's

Code: Select all

nfc-emulate-forum-tag4
program, but when I try to read the pn532 with a reader app on the phone nothing happens... Am I getting something wrong? Is it possible to have the pn532 module to act as a tag?

My main goal is to have the PN532 NFC module to send a message (32 chars long random hash) to a app on the phone. Is there some other way I can do it?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

topguy

Re: pn532 to act as a NFC NDEF tag

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Strictly speaking Its nothing here that is very Pi specific.

Have any indformation about the PN523 module you are using ? What phone ? What kind of reader App ?

There are a lot of smaller details that could go wrong in setting up the chip for emulation so Its very difficult to present a theory of what is wrong.

If you have Android phone, maybe try with the "NXP TagInfo" application and see if there is actual contact between the PN532 and the phone.

sacepums

Re: pn532 to act as a NFC NDEF tag

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Trieed the app you suggested - no dice, phone can read any cards but nothing when I try to emulate tag with libnfc...
The NFC module is some kind of generic one off of ebay, just says NFC PN532 module: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cmrvn1ok9beww ... 2.png?dl=0

Return to “Advanced users”