rPioneer

HDMIPi screen flashing after configuring Pi HDMI settings

Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:11 pm

I have a HDMIPi, and a Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2. When the settings in /boot/config.txt are changed at the end to how the HDMIPi site specifies:

Code: Select all

hdmi_ignore_edid=0xa5000080
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_mode=28
then for some reason the HDMIPi will sometimes begin flashing pure white, all the display lit up, for a split second. These get more frequent as time progresses until the screen is pure white around 50% of the time. However the y do not seem to follow a pattern- sometimes the display will work perfectly for hours, and sometimes it will begin flashing almost immediately after switching on. The menu on the HDMIPi still works fine and when it is flashing white the menu stays up, coloured. While it is flashing the Pi also works fine. I do not know why this error has appeared, or why changing the Pi settings makes it happen. Has anyone else experienced this, or know why it is happening?
Toxic yellow HDMIPi, Raspberry Pi B Revision 2 running Raspbian, Raspberry Pi A+ on a robot called Lobsang (anyone read The Long Earth?).
Happy to chat, but don't expect me to be an expert! Eager to learn from peers / gods / gurus / geeks

DirkS

Re: HDMIPi screen flashing after configuring Pi HDMI setting

Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:47 am

I would contact Alex & Co.
See http://hdmipi.com/instructions/ for email address.

Gr.
Dirk.

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:19 am

I wonder if this could be some obscure RF interference? What happens if you switch it off and on again with the power button?

In the early prototyping stage, I sometimes encountered a situation where the screen would "crap out" when plugging things in and out, It could be cleared by power cycling the screen (the Pi stays on if you hit the power button). I put this down to the rather long ribbon cable I was using (we had no case at that point).

That may be something to try. Failing that, support AT hdmipi.com :)
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

ajstarks

Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:52 pm

I've seem the same flickering. It may be a coincidence, but switching to 1440x900 seems to fix it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”