Tallahassee Dreamer

Not able to access PI remotely

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:38 am

When I run tools using sudo i2cdetect -y 1 I do not see my pi. However when I go into my router settings and look under DHCP I see raspberypi 192.168.1.11 is this normal? I thought the purpose of running tools was to identify what was on the network.
Last edited by Tallahassee Dreamer on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klricks

Re: Not able to access PI remotely

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:07 am

Tallahassee Dreamer wrote:I ran through complete setup of my Pi from downloading NOOBS to configuring my wifi. I am able to acces the Internet using wifi. I am not however able to hear the IP address being broadcast. I had to access my router settings and it shows the raspberrypi IP address 192.168.1.1 yet when I type that address into my search bar I cannot access the diagnostic page of the FPD. Any suggestions to why the pi is not announcing the address.
What is FPD? Is it any of these? http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FPD
The RPi (Raspbian) does not have any web interface by default.
If you want to connect to the RPi (Linux console) then you need to run an SSH client such a PuTTy on the remote computer and connect using the IP given to the RPi.
If you want remote GUI then you can install XRDP on the RPi and use an RDP client.
sudo apt-get install xrdp
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated RPiOS Buster w/ Desktop OS.

DirkS

Re: Not able to access PI remotely

Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:34 pm

Tallahassee Dreamer wrote:When I run tools using sudo i2cdetect -y 1 I do not see my pi. However when I go into my router settings and look under DHCP I see raspberypi 192.168.1.11 is this normal? I thought the purpose of running tools was to identify what was on the network.
Changing the complete text of your post doesn't make it any clearer.
i2cdetect has no relation to ethernet networking. It is meant to detect devices connected to the i2c ports: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2C

Return to “Troubleshooting”