stewiegriffin

White noise when I start the Pi

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:48 pm

Hello.
I recently received my RaspberryPi and have been setting it up and using xbmc because i plan to use as media center. I do have a problem with it and i don't think its from the images i put on the sd card because it does this with all.
When i start the Pi i get this white noise that is very annoying and it won't stop until i play a video, after that i can hear/see the video without problems and even if i stop the video, the noise doesn't return, so its just at the beginning.
Does anyone else has the same problem? Is a problem with the Pi or my tv? I have tried with other hdmi cable but i still have the same issue.
Thanks

stewiegriffin

Re: White noise when I start the Pi

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 pm

No one? Hasn't anyone had this problem or know what can it be? Is it a problem from the hdmi cables ( tested 2 that work fine with other devices), a problem from my TV or is the actual Pi board?

jonkwilliams

Thu May 30, 2013 5:50 am

I've had this problem with xbmc while using it with a projector. White noise until a video plays. Not sure what the problem is though. Did you ever find the answer? Must be something to do with the signals coming over HDMI. I doubt it is a cable issue but I think it is something to do with how the HDMI signal communicates with the TV or projector.

JxPond

Thu May 30, 2013 2:11 pm

My Pi has been buzzing through the HDMI when it first starts up. Once Wheezy boots to a black screen and you can see the cursor it falls silent again.

Here's a post that may be related for some people:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 53#p360153

I plan on grounding mine for good measure, but I think something else is the culprit.
Last edited by JxPond on Thu May 30, 2013 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Dave

Thu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm

I get white noise whenever I shut my PC down, annoying if I've left the speakers up loud

Return to “Troubleshooting”