franmruiz

My raspberry didnt turn on the led of activate

Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Hello i have a problem with my raspberry, i used my rapsberry with any problem but suddenly i try to use and didnt turn on the led of activate, i try to prove with other source of energy but the result is the same, i am new of this in the raspberry, i need help to repair this problem, i have probably that the problem is physical or the problem is the sd card.

thank you

Dr. Theamat

Re: My raspberry didnt turn on the led of activate

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:19 pm

It looks like we have the same issue with the Pi...

I've shutdown the XMBC and it never booted again. The red power led is on and just tays that way. No blinking lights or signal the tha tv... How can I boot the Rasp Pi again?

It's running Raspbmc.

DougieLawson

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

I'll do your homework for you for a suitable fee.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

ThomasS

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Does the red light come on? If not the pi probably isn't getting enough power. Does your power supply work (try using it in another device; e.g. for charging a phone)? If its the green light which isn't coming on and the red one is, then your SD card has probably been corrupted. Re-flash it in your computer or purchase a pre-prepared one for the pi.
ThomasS

Dr. Theamat

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Yeah the power led is on and the others don't respond. I'm using a 5V 1A DC. I've tried 5v 2.1A too... It's just dead... So the SD card might be corrupted and i need to re-intall it. Not really happy about that but it shall be done! No other way around it?

ThomasS

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:55 pm

No, sorry. If its the green light that's not coming on then its most likely the SD card being corrupt that's the problem. You could have a look at the boot sticky DougieLawson linked to, but again it's most likely the SD card. Did you unplug the Pi without shutting it down, use 'sudo poweroff', or unplug before it had completed the shut down process (when the green led flashes 5 or 6 times in a row it's complete)? If so this forced shutdown is probably what corrupted the card. Use the command 'sudo shutdown -h now' or 'sudo halt' , or use the shutdown button accessible through the red button in the bottom right corner of the screen on recent versions of Raspbian.
ThomasS

Return to “Troubleshooting”