Solarfreak

No Disk Space on NOOBS-SDcard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:26 am

I am new in the Raspberry-World. I took a new 32Gb SD-Cart and used the SD-Formatter for MAC to format it on my MAC according to the Instructions. Then copied the Files (93) from an original 8Gb RPI NOOBS SD-Card (v1.3.9 Build:Jul 8 2014). Put it into the RPI B and receive: Diskspace Needed: 0, Available: 0. Sure enough, I can not install Rasbian.
Reading the Instructions (.txt on the SD Card I bought) I notice that I did not follow Point 3 precisely, since I could not open the NOOB-ZIP-File. Instead I copied the files from the original 8Gb-NOOBS-Card. What did I do wrong? Using the Macintosh hard disk service program I also did not succeed writing the image of a downloaded NOOBS-Image onto the 32Gb-Card but got the Message: "The source could not be confirmed/verified because of an invalid argument!!"
In the Forum I found various entries but none which would helb me for the MAC-platform.

drgeoff

Re: No Disk Space on NOOBS-SDcard

Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Solarfreak wrote: .. I could not open the NOOB-ZIP-File.
Only 3 possible reasons for that:

1. Corrupt download. Download again.

2. Unzipping program no good. Try another.

3. PEBKAC. (http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=19980506)
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Solarfreak

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Will look for a better version of the ZIP-Program and repeat the process.
What I do not understand:
Why does copying the files from the original 8Gb SDCard onto the 32Gb Card not produce a working NOOBS card?

Solarfreak

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:59 pm

The third Option is certainly out of Question. I only made one mistake - long ago - when I assumed that I had made a mistake!!!

Solarfreak

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:05 am

Das Problem beim Installieren: mit 'Disk Space 0' hat sich schließlich nach 3 Versuchen verflüchtigt und ich habe dann versucht alle Systeme zu installieren. Zwei waren ok aber dann stoppte der Prozess. Auch bei den installierten Systemen kamen ein oder zwei Fehlermeldungen. Jetzt habe ich die frisch gekaufte Mini 32Gb-SDKarte im Verdacht. Kann mir jemand sagen, ob es für MAC ein Test (Schreib-Lese) Programm für SD-Karten gibt? Früher gab's so was für die Kernspeicher, da sich benachtbarte Kerne schon Mal beeinflussten, auch für Festplatten, da konnte man sogar Problembereiche ausschließen. Weiß nicht, ob das MAC Festplatten Dienstprogramm soetwas kann. Jetzt werde ich mal suchen - Weiß jemand mehr?

Return to “Troubleshooting”