hospoti

what happen to my raspberry pi?

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:15 pm

What has happen.....

i installed RASPBIAN and it worked fine..... now i used my sdcard on my camera and i formated again and installed NOOB pack again ...... and tryed to install rasbian again from the begin...... well guys... guess what........ everything messed up! What firsth time i installed same noob package and raspbian it worked 100% fine and i was happy now when i tryed to do same thing again everything was fu**ed up! What?

1. my screen.... it`s same on both times 32" but now its not 1080*1920..... its 640*480 ? why is that? and why it says cannot recognize screen when i trying to change my screen size on desktop? why firsth time i installed raspbian it was 1080*1920 on my firsth boot! what happen!?

2. what is wrong on su command....... i have try pi / raspberry i have tryed to changed to my own and tryed su / "my password" nope...... dosent work.... i formated my sd card and install raspbian again..... nope didnt work on second time either? why is that?
why it worked 100% fine firsth time i even tryed raspbian?
yes i have tryed ..... sudo raspi-config .........and then su / "new password" nope dosent work i have tryed to type passwd and then su / "new password" nope dosent work.... is there anything i can do instead of installing my raspbian again?

3. is there any way i can fix these problems to get my raspbian be cool again....... only change i have made is i installed
http://images.jimms.fi/1/5/76515_230x230_0.jpg ( Enzotech RaspBerry Pi jäähdytyssiilit )
this to my raspberry pi! sorry i dont know whats the word of that part ........... cooler maybe? does it REALLY change that much my raspbian?` does that part make my screen be 640*480 instead of 1920*1080??

fruitoftheloom

Re: what happen to my raspberry pi?

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:23 pm

Quite likely SD Card was not formatted correctly, or the SD Card is getting to end of its life, first off try reformatting

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 96#p593745

fyi the Pi does not need fancy heatsinks !
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

rpdom

Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:32 am

Nothing is wrong with the su command. As root login is disabled on the Pi (because the password isn't set), it doesn't work.

If you want to run command as root use sudo. If you want to change to root for a while use sudo -i. If you want su to work use sudo passwd and set a root password. Then use that password with su. Best to stick to sudo though.

texy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 am

hospoti wrote:What has happen.....

i installed RASPBIAN and it worked fine..... now i used my sdcard on my camera and i formated again and installed NOOB pack again ...... and tryed to install rasbian again from the begin...... well guys... guess what........ everything messed up! What firsth time i installed same noob package and raspbian it worked 100% fine and i was happy now when i tryed to do same thing again everything was fu**ed up! What?

1. my screen.... it`s same on both times 32" but now its not 1080*1920..... its 640*480 ? why is that? and why it says cannot recognize screen when i trying to change my screen size on desktop? why firsth time i installed raspbian it was 1080*1920 on my firsth boot! what happen!?

2. what is wrong on su command....... i have try pi / raspberry i have tryed to changed to my own and tryed su / "my password" nope...... dosent work.... i formated my sd card and install raspbian again..... nope didnt work on second time either? why is that?
why it worked 100% fine firsth time i even tryed raspbian?
yes i have tryed ..... sudo raspi-config .........and then su / "new password" nope dosent work i have tryed to type passwd and then su / "new password" nope dosent work.... is there anything i can do instead of installing my raspbian again?

3. is there any way i can fix these problems to get my raspbian be cool again....... only change i have made is i installed
http://images.jimms.fi/1/5/76515_230x230_0.jpg ( Enzotech RaspBerry Pi jäähdytyssiilit )
this to my raspberry pi! sorry i dont know whats the word of that part ........... cooler maybe? does it REALLY change that much my raspbian?` does that part make my screen be 640*480 instead of 1920*1080??
Edited and taken out all the profanity - carry on like that and you will be banned - we don't tolerate bad language here, so be warned.
thank you
Texy
Various male/female 40- and 26-way GPIO header for sale here ( IDEAL FOR YOUR PiZero ):
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=147682#p971555

Return to “Troubleshooting”