Seylione

Re: How to change keyboard language layout?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:02 am

Thqnks Dougie Lqwson,
Its about whqt I found on dpkg (but in french).
Tag+OK not necessary
but the finql qnswer is: "missing LSB tags and overrides"

Where on eqrth cqn I find these?
I will try a fresh version of Rasbian, hoping it is not clogged by useless items :-(
Will report

No problem with English I am used to switch between French and English (except for KBDs!)
Have a good week, Brexit or Britin

DougieLawson

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:24 am

It may be easiest to start with a fresh copy of Raspbian 2017-07-05 and https://etcher.io to write it to your SDCard.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

I'll do your homework for you for a suitable fee.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.

Seylione

Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:22 am

Will try to load, but I am on 4G, too slow. I will try a "cyber café" next time I come to town down from my mountain.

LogicDeLuxe

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:18 am

I also used raspi-config to change the keyboard layout and it appeared that nothing happens. I found out, that for some reason, it can be slow. If that happens, don't abort it, just wait about a minute, and the keyboard menu will appear eventually.

HvdW

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem as described in this post.
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration does not act, same as changing keyboard layout in raspi-config.

In raspi-config -> menu 4 Localisation options
Choice 3 Change keyboard layout is followed by the message : Reloading keymap. This may take a short while
No options presented.

Problem is that fi mc does not have lines but strange ascii signs instead and pivpn wireguard cannot display a proper qr code.
Which app needs to be installed from the repository to change keyboard settings?
Who knows knows
Who doesn't doesn't

jojopi

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:33 pm

HvdW wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:52 pm
I have the same problem as described in this post.
You really do not, and it would have been better to start a new thread either way.
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration does not act, same as changing keyboard layout in raspi-config.
No options presented.
raspi-config/dpkg-reconfigure is for setting the system layout for the locally connected USB or Bluetooth keyboard. If you are running a GUI, the GUI configuration may override the system layout. If you are using remote access, the system layout is usually irrelevant. If you are using remote GUI access, it may depend on your exact method.

dpkg-reconfigure will skip the questions if it thinks you do not have a keyboard. If you want to change the system layout anyway, the best bet is to edit the file /etc/default/keyboard.
Problem is that fi mc does not have lines but strange ascii signs instead and pivpn wireguard cannot display a proper qr code.
Problem displaying ASCII-like art is not related to keyboard setting, but they may both be related to remote access methods.

Return to “Troubleshooting”