normal

Logitech Wireless Keyboard MX320 keys stick

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 am

I have a MX320 wireless keyboard and mouse and it has the sticky keys problem where pressing a key causes it to be held in. The wiki says its caused by low power but I am running from a 5V 1A adapter and even with nothing else but the wireless receiver plugged in it happens. It even happens when its plugged into a powered hub. This happens on Debian squeeze and Openelec.

BrianHeston

Re: Logitech Wireless Keyboard MX320 keys stick

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 am

Same here with a GE wireless KB/Mouse set. It happens whether plugged directly into the RP or plugged into a powered hub. I have noticed that it seems to happen less the faster I press the keys. If I hold a key down for a billionth of a second (measurements may be slightly inaccurate, read as "typing inhumanly fast") it doesn't repeat, but if I type normally, then I risk repeats constantly.

geep999

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:34 pm

Same here with Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1 Model 1014 running debian6-19-04-2012.img ("squeeze").
It's so bad that it takes about 5 attempts just to login.

It seems to be a software problem as I get NO STICKY KEYS running archlinuxarm-29-04-2012.img, and the sticky problem seems to be less when running
ArmedSlack-13.37-18-05-2012.img, but that last one's rather subjective.

RPi configured thus:
Voltage between TP1 and HDMI Socket Body: 4.88V
Ethernet: cable connected and running
HDMI: cable connected and in use to PC DVI monitor
PSU: Masterplug Surge Protected USB Adaptor 2 x 1A USB Polished Black http://tinyurl.com/bng88eu
SDHC: Kingston 8Gb Class 4
USB1: Connected to Microsoft Optical Desktop Reciver 2.1 Model:1028
USB2: Nothing connected

Cheers,
Peter

JamesRGrant

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Same here with a mini wireless keyboard / touchpad combo I picked up from Maplin (not sure of the brand). But I think this is the same issue being discussed here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 797#p85797
It seems to be a configuration problem with the kernel, as Arch has a different kernel to Debian, and Arch seems to work. Anyhow, it looks like Dom is on the case...

normal

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:00 am

Is it safe to call the MX320 incompatible? I'm on the new Raspbian and it's still not fixed so I think that if they did want to fix it, they would have by now.

snydej

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:09 am

I'm having the same problem with the Logitech k400 keyboard. This happens both when the wireless dongle is plugged into the pi directly or through a powered hub. I am also on Raspbian. I think we've established that this is not a keyboard or power issue we're experiencing but a software problem.

I would like to add that when a key is stuck, unplugging the keyboard doesn't unstick it; the Pi will continue to believe the key is down.

I sure hope they are actively trying to fix it because it is incredibly frustrating to deal with.

drgeoff

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 pm

USB is the root of all (RPi) evil. :)

The explanation being offered a while ago is that the loss of USB packets under some circumstances means that "key up" messages are never seen and thus a key is deemed to be continuously down. We are assured that fixing the USB is a high priority.

GTPAdam

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Same issue with a microsoft wireless keyboard 800. For me, it usually doesn't register the initial key press. Even if it does, it can still miss the key up signal. Point of interest: It works fine with a tethered USB keyboard. The problem only happens when I'm using my wireless keyboard.

I was really hoping I could program from the sofa in the college dorm lounge while the raspi is connected to the lounge TV. The wired keyboard isn't long enough for that. Stink. :x

tpereira

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:27 am

Had the same issue, was using Bush slimline wireless keyboard. What I found was, the keyboard would have sticky keys if the usb receiver (of the keyboard/mouse) was plugged in at boot time. This would make the keyboard totally unusable. Removing the usb receiver after the system had booted and re-inserting it fixed the issue. So could be some boot time default config being applied for the keyboard input. Now I just use the RPi headless through tightvnc.

callum1500

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:29 pm

I am having the sam problem with the old Apple Pro Keyboard (the white curved one). I am using a 5V 1Amp supply, and the component cable to my TV, (as the HDMI seems to have gone walkies...) No ethernet, a little powered speaker, and a cheap horrible but usable mouse. I am trying to change the sudo password, but I daren't in case I cannot login :-)

Unfortunately this is my only USB keyboard, so any suggestions?

Mikerasp

Thu May 16, 2013 6:30 am

I am having exactly the same issue (in combination with a bluetooth dongle that won't work).

However, when i downgrade to usb 1.0 everything works as it should (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/299)
Does there already exist a fix for this (in raspbmc)?

M.

Russ_T

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Same here with Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000.

I only got my Pi yesterday, this keyboard seems ok in XBMC (but I haven't used it a great deal) but plays up (sticky keys) in PiMAME.

I believe I am using a 1.2A power supply but I haven't measured it to be sure.

Russ_T

Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:49 pm

I seem to have just fixed it.

Got to http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting# ... ey_presses

it talks about updating your firmware. My pi is a day old, direct from farnell, but I just flashed it and my keyboard works perfectly (touch wood).

Good luck!

Return to “Troubleshooting”