Broken_Mind

Elo Touchscreen

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello,

I have a problem with my touch screen. It is a ELO 19 "ET1915L-AUWA-1-GY-G. The Touch ist connected via USB. My Pi find the controller at boot. lsusb shows following:
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 04e7: 0073 Elo TouchSystems

I don't know how can I get the touch to work. Please help me :(

DarkSideMilk

Re: Elo Touchscreen

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:55 pm

So I realize this is 2 years late, but I only just started playing with a pi and it was for this exact purpose. Since I kept finding this post before I found the answer. I figure I oughta add it here.

I am using a raspberry pi 3 with raspbian. I have a elo 1515L and a hdmi to vga adapter.
  1. Firstly, you need to make the screen display something that isn't out of range. This is done by configuring some stuff in the /boot/config.txt

Code: Select all

#Make the screen not go over the edges
    disable_overscan=1

#Make it so you can hotplug the monitor
    hdmi_force_hotplug=1

#Set the resolution to 800 x 600 at 75 HZ and allow audio (For a chart of hdmi mode resolutions see http://elinux.org/RPiconfig, I chose 800 x 600 because I'm using a 15" screen and this makes for bigger touch buttons and the program I'm using fits best on the screen at this res)
    hdmi_group=2
    hdmi_mode=11
    hdmi_drive=2

#Adjust hdmi signal level (Can be tweaked if there's interference, default value was 2, default boost was 4, max value is 11)
    config_hdmi_boost=7

2. Now that the screen is displaying, you may find that you need to calibrate it because the touches are inverted or just way off or whatever. I have found 2 methods for doing this. One that I've tested and another that I just came across.
    The method I used is xinput-calibrator, so that's what I'll put here. I also just came across another calibration tool called evtest, look in my reference section for a link to a guide on that method

# First install the program
    sudo apt-get install xinput-calibrator

#List your devices and note the device ids
    xinput_calibrator --list 

#Using each device ID, calibrate each device (I had 2 with id's 9 and 10, figured why not calibrate both options)
    #This command brings up touch screen calibration gui, Simply touch the 4 spots on the screen as they're highlighted
    xinput_callibrator --device 9 
    xinput_calibrator --device 10

Note the output after each calibration, it gives you the snippet to add to a configuration file to make it permanent
    The path it gives is to a file that doesn't exist, Put the snippets in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf
    For example, my calibration settings that I added to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-evdev.conf looked like this...

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier    "calibration"
        MatchProduct    "EloTouchSystems,Inc Elo TouchSystems 2216 AccuTouch® USB Touchmonitor Interface"
        Option    "Calibration"    "483 3528 3532 584"
        Option    "SwapAxes"     "0"
    EndSection

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier    "calibration"
        MatchProduct    "Elo Single Touch Device Input Module"
        Option    "Calibration"    "1 4086 56 4110"
        Option    "SwapAxes"    "0"
    EndSection

A few things I did that I don't think I actually needed to do, but I'll list them here just in case the above fails
  • Compiled custom kernel mostly following these guidelines https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... uilding.md but adding to the default config (with make menuconfig) elo touchscreen serial and usb drivers. But I'm pretty sure these are actually included anyway.
  • Ran sudo modprobe usbtouchscreen
  • Added usbtouchscreen and usbhid to lines in /etc/modules to make sure they load at startup.
  • Downloaded and built with the custom kernel source the Linux Arm driver from elotouch.com built for the beagleboard found here http://www.elotouch.com/Support/Downloa ... fault.aspx But the elova calibration tool would never run. So I'm pretty sure this is not needed.
References
xinput-calibrator - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touchscreen
evtest =- http://news.hopeindustrial.com/2013/usi ... een-setup/
(Didn't use this one, but looks useful) ubuntu and elo touchscreens - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EloTouchScreen
raspberry pi kernel - https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... uilding.md
raspberry pi boot config - http://elinux.org/RPiconfig

Piefurz

Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 pm

My list reports "Elo TouchSystems, Inc. Elo Touchsystems Surface Capacitive 5010" id=7. I tried both of the ways you mention to no avail. My touch response is 90 degrees counter clockwise from where I am touching. Upper left touch puts the pointer on lower left, Upper right gives upper left and on around. I tried creating the file and moving the coordinates around to no avail. It's like the file isn't being used. I am using Raspbian originally on an official 7" panel which had to be flipped vertically due to the bad design. The settings for that have no effect on the elo panel display. With the diversity of use of the Raspberry pi you would think it should be easy to fix regardless of the os and equipment being used.

medic3447

Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Piefurz wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 pm
My list reports "Elo TouchSystems, Inc. Elo Touchsystems Surface Capacitive 5010" id=7. I tried both of the ways you mention to no avail. My touch response is 90 degrees counter clockwise from where I am touching. Upper left touch puts the pointer on lower left, Upper right gives upper left and on around. I tried creating the file and moving the coordinates around to no avail. It's like the file isn't being used. I am using Raspbian originally on an official 7" panel which had to be flipped vertically due to the bad design. The settings for that have no effect on the elo panel display. With the diversity of use of the Raspberry pi you would think it should be easy to fix regardless of the os and equipment being used.
Same issue here. Have you made any progress?

Piefurz

Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:34 pm

Using samples from this thread, Can't Rotate Full-size Touchscreen (can rotate display though), I am able to rotate the touch but I can't calibrate the panel. When I touch the x's the pointer is about an inch towards the center of the screen. I used this sample below and put in my MatchProduct information plus 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 for the TransformatioMatrix to rotate the touch 90 degrees cw. The calibration program appears to work but doesn't actually get the panel calibrated. When I try to do anything with xserver I end up having to login and then am stuck at a prompt and can't get back to the GUI and have to burn the chip again. This string rotates the touch for me but then you have to put the sample below in a file. Hope you can follow the thread and figure it out.
xinput set-prop "Your Touchscreen's Name" --type=float "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 -1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "RotateTouchCW"
MatchProduct "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController"
Option "TransformationMatrix" "0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1"
EndSection

henrique.franze

Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:59 am

Hi guys, same rotating problem here, I'm using a Elotoutch 32'' tv touchscreen.

Some advice?

Tks.

zbangash

Wed May 01, 2019 4:12 pm

I just bought a 15" elo entuitive touch and got it to work for me (Raspbian Stretch). This is what worked for me:
1. Resolution : In Start : Preferences : Raspberry Pi Configuration ... my monitor is 1024x768 so I picked 1024x768 (DMT mode 16 1024x768 60Hz 4:3) .
2. Installed evdev, and ran evtest. Picked device 2 (Elo touchMonitor...). Touching top left corner gave me X-ABS 475 Y-ABS 3435. Touching bottom right corner showed X-ABS 3465 and Y-ABS 615.
The newer version of Raspbian has differences. I believe it's /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf that needs to be edited. so sudo nano ....
At the bottom of the file I added the section as under:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier    "Elo touchscreen Catchall"
        MatchProduct    "EloTouchSystems,Inc Elo TouchSystems 2216 AccuTouch® USB Touchmonitor Interface"
        MatchDevicePath    "/dev/input/event*"
        Driver    "evdev"
        Option    "Calibration"    "475 3462 3435 615"
        Option "EmulateThirdButton" "1"
        Option "EmulateThirdButtonTimeout" "750"
        Option "EmulateThirdButtonMoveThreshold" "30"
EndSection
Note: The identifier came from evtest. Incidently it matches the one by DarkSideMilk
Note2: The guide I followed was a mix from what I read at the new guidelines at the hope industrial website, and the one by DarkSideMilk.
Option "InvertY" "true" did not work for me. What did work was that calibration is now "X-TopLeft X-BottomRight Y-TopLeft Y-BottomRight" values as received from evtest or from x-input calibrator.
Thanks go out to DarkSideMilk for the help. Hope it helps someone out.

Return to “Troubleshooting”