fdf

Pi behind NTLM proxy

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:11 am

Hello,

I am helping for an after school activity with Raspberry Pi.
The first step was to make the kids installing their own Pi, and showing they can actually achieve it by themselves.
That's done!

Then, we have discovered that we are behind a NTLM proxy. We can surf the web with the web browser after setting the config for the proxy as NTLM.
But obviously basic commands as apt-get update… will need to be done outside a web browser.
So I have installed ntlmaps on one Pi to check out how that works.
But I fail to access the web.
when checking, the local ntlmaps proxy is running.
I have config Midori with proxy: 127.0.0.1:5865 as my testing tool,
but whatever the page I try to reach, always have NTLM Fail to Autenthicate. :x
To be sure it was not coming just from the login and password, I have used the same login and password I am using in a second browser with the setting for direct access to the NTLM proxy.

So, do you have any ideas of what could go wrong and what I could do to check? Do you know if I could have a log of the authentication attempt, so maybe I could find good clues…

Thanks for your help. The kids will be happy enjoying the PI to do something else than just surfing the web.

fdf

Re: Pi behind NTLM proxy

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Hello,

I still have no more clue than before.
Indeed it is not easy to check as I am not often at school and don't have NTLM server at home.

Has anyone got an idea to help me point out the right logs… or more direct solutions?

Have a nice Sunday.

skullbucks.in

Re: Pi behind NTLM proxy

Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:37 am

fdf wrote:Hello,

I am helping for an after school activity with Raspberry Pi.
The first step was to make the kids installing their own Pi, and showing they can actually achieve it by themselves.
That's done!

Then, we have discovered that we are behind a NTLM proxy. We can surf the web with the web browser after setting the config for the proxy as NTLM.
But obviously basic commands as apt-get update… will need to be done outside a web browser.
So I have installed ntlmaps on one Pi to check out how that works.
But I fail to access the web.
when checking, the local ntlmaps proxy is running.
I have config Midori with proxy: 127.0.0.1:5865 as my testing tool,
but whatever the page I try to reach, always have NTLM Fail to Autenthicate. :x
To be sure it was not coming just from the login and password, I have used the same login and password I am using in a second browser with the setting for direct access to the NTLM proxy.

So, do you have any ideas of what could go wrong and what I could do to check? Do you know if I could have a log of the authentication attempt, so maybe I could find good clues…

Thanks for your help. The kids will be happy enjoying the PI to do something else than just surfing the web.
if u wamt to install mozilla browser in your pi os check out this link
http://skullbucks.in/projects/raspi/mozilla.html

Return to “Troubleshooting”