jamespa

Showing error

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:47 pm

I got my raspberry pi model B today and in my destop i have downloaded the raspbian wheezy (extracted after downloading) and win32 disk imager(extracted after downloading). I runned the Win32 Disk Imager and selected the image file of raspbian wheezy. After that i selected the SD card and clicked write. But after that it is showing "An error occured when attempting to get a handle on the device. Error 5: Access is denied". Can you please help me. I dont know what to do.

Joe Schmoe

Re: Showing error

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Try NOOBS instead.

NOOBS only requires basic Windows skills (the most complicated bit is unzipping a file) to create a Pi-bootable SD card. The primary motivation for NOOBS was to eliminate the need for Windows-only users to mess around with things like images and image-writing software (that must be downloaded/installed/configured for the Windows user).

As long as you can unzip a file, NOOBS should work for you.
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

DougieLawson

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Try ejecting the card from your Windows machine and re-inserting it.

If that doesn't work get a copy of the SD Formatter to reformat the SDCard.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

jamespa

Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Thank you all for the help. I tried in a different system and it worked. Can i ask a doubt please. I am trying to capture real time videos and retriev the data through ethernet optical link. Can you please give me some idea. I am just a beginner. Is it that i need to write the code in python and execute it. if anyone has some link or ideas please share. Thanks

obcd

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:06 pm

You might start by giving a little more information.
Real time videos?
Do you mean video from the Pi camera?
Ethernet optical link?
The Pi ethernet connector is only 100Mbit, so why an optical link?

jamespa

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:20 pm

The video will be captured by pi camera and wish to store the data . i also wish to retrieve the data through ethernet cable. thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”