Phill Rymer

tvs as display problems are not always pis fault

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:31 pm

I have noticed a lot of people are having problems with hdmi display this is often due to the tv not being set up properly not the pi
on my tv in the menu settings there is a section to select source it lists the following input sources mine lists
tv I assume arial or cable input
scart
sideav
hdmi
Ypbpr and vga tv
if the correct input source is not selected I get a blank screen pi cannot change tv input defaults

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: tvs as display problems are not always pis fault

Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:07 pm

Phill Rymer wrote:I have noticed a lot of people are having problems with hdmi display this is often due to the tv not being set up properly not the pi
on my tv in the menu settings there is a section to select source it lists the following input sources mine lists
tv I assume arial or cable input
scart
sideav
hdmi
Ypbpr and vga tv
if the correct input source is not selected I get a blank screen pi cannot change tv input defaults
+1
I would also add that it has been found that some hdmi cables do not pass a "hot-plug" signal from the TV (assuming there's one there in the first place) to the Pi. Hence the common need for "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" (as often added by the NOOBS installer) in config.txt (or equivalent) to ensure HDMI output.
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, and a A+) but Buster on the P4B's. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

Return to “Troubleshooting”