RandomPerson

screen cut off

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello,
A while ago I posted a problem about a white box. That problem was solved by getting rid of Pidora and using raspbian instead. Now my Pi is working but now there is a problem with the display. The side of the screen is cut off and it looks kind of blurry. I can see the screen. And using the Pi normally but the blurry screen makes it hard to read. And the cut off edges make some words incomplete. On s startup it says '' Failed to create debugfs directory.'' Would that have anything to do with it?
Here is my setup if it helps:
Power supply letting requirements
Generic keyboard/mouse
64.4 mpbs Ethernet
RCA Yellow cable
Sharp model 13N-M100B TV
4GB SDXC card
headphones
Raspberry Pi model B

Raspbian (witch ever version NOOBs lite uses)
SorrY if my typing looks stupid I am trying to type on a tanker with Autocorrect

RandomPerson

Re: screen cut off

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Woops. I am typing on a tablet not a tanker.

drgeoff

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:55 pm

My googling of the TV model number suggests that it is a 13 inch NTSC TV. You are never going to get sharp (no pun intended) text when you use the composite output of a RPi, especially when set to NTSC. And 13 inch domestic sets were never fitted with high resolution CRTs.

For adusting the RPi's output to overcome the TV's overscan use the overscan_left, overscan_right, overscan_top and overscan_bottom parameters in config.txt. See http://elinux.org/RPiconfig.

The message about the debugfs directory is irrelevant.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

RandomPerson

Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 am

I will try that, but that is the only TV I have and I LOVE puns.the tv has a sharp setting that helps a little with the blurryness

Return to “Troubleshooting”