untitled10101

Cycling through RTSP streams using OMXPlayer

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:12 am

Hello all,

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I have OMXplayer working with a single stream. The stream plays when the RPi boots up. I use the following line:

sudo omxplayer -o hdmi rtsp://user:[email protected]:Port

I use this to stream an IP camera to a monitor.

I would like to add multiple IP cameras. Is it possible to make a "playlist" of streams, or add some sort of delay and then call on another stream to play, following by a loop?

Thank you.

prairietech

Re: Cycling through RTSP streams using OMXPlayer

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Sorry I don't have a solution. Instead I am also looking to do the exact same thing and have subscribed to this post.

I am slightly disappointed with the video quality however. Not sure if it is my monitor, omxplayer, the RPi or a combination of any of them. The displayed picture has more of an "analog-look" than HD IP video.

gkreidl

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:32 pm

@untitled10101:
This can be done with a simple bash or Python script.

@:prairietech:
The image quality of omxplayer (using the GPU) is brilliant if the video source material (codec, bit rate etc.) is good enough.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

prairietech

Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:56 pm

When viewing the same network camera IP stream in Chrome, the picture is very clear and sharp. On the RPi using the HDMI output, the picture is not near as clear and sharp. Maybe not a fair comparison?

Return to “Troubleshooting”