bluepuma

Using DVBLink TVSource as PVR on RPi

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Hi everyone,

the German computer magazine "c't" mentioned "DVBLink TVSource" for RPi in it's latest issue. It should make a full PVR out of the RPi, utilizing USB-connected DVB-C, DVB-S or DVB-T receivers. Sounded like an easy solution for beginners.

Of course I had to try it and installed the software according to their Wiki, which is not very precise, here's what need's to be done:

Code: Select all

#sudo apt-get update
#sudo apt-get upgrade
wget http://download.dvblogic.com/b3cf7babde081deb4e0a87a494bb661f/ -O dvblink-server-raspberry-linux-arm-4.6.0.tar.gz
tar -zxvf dvblink-server-raspberry-linux-arm-4.6.0.tar.gz
sudo dpkg -i dvblink-server_4.6.0_armhf_wheezy.deb
Funny thing is that it won't start with the command

sudo /etc/init.d/dvblink start
but throws an error message instead

start-stop-daemon: unable to start /usr/local/bin/dvblink/dvblink_server (No such file or directory)
even though the file "/usr/local/bin/dvblink/dvblink_server" actually exists.

Any ideas how to fix this?

sge

Re: Using DVBLink TVSource as PVR on RPi

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:17 am

I know you posted your problem in late-2013. but I get a similar error installing dvblink-server 5.0.0 and it's probably not worth opening a new thread for a problem that may not get a solution:

pi@raspbmc:~/dvblink$ sudo dpkg -i dvblink-server_5.0.0_armhf_wheezy.deb 
Selecting previously unselected package dvblink-server.
(Reading database ... 34901 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking dvblink-server (from dvblink-server_5.0.0_armhf_wheezy.deb) ...
Setting up dvblink-server (5.0.0) ...
/usr/local/bin/dvblink/reg.sh: 9: /usr/local/bin/dvblink/reg.sh: /usr/local/bin/dvblink/dvblink_reg: not found
dpkg: error processing dvblink-server (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
 dvblink-server
(I previously used TVheadend server + client with my TV tuner USB successfully but want to try dvblink and later VDR/Video Disk Recorder to see if it's more suitable to my needs - scheduling from web client to my NTFS drive, TVheadend has known bug - an unfixable permission issue)

EDIT: I worked around the permission issue by mounting my NTFS effectively 777 in fstab. Now I have tested both VDR (http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6580) and Raspmc's built in TVheadend server. Both work but still would like to try dvblink-server to see if performance is better.

Triviums

Re: Using DVBLink TVSource as PVR on RPi

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:19 am

sge wrote:I know you posted your problem in late-2013. but I get a similar error installing dvblink-server 5.0.0 and it's probably not worth opening a new thread for a problem that may not get a solution:

pi@raspbmc:~/dvblink$ sudo dpkg -i dvblink-server_5.0.0_armhf_wheezy.deb 
Selecting previously unselected package dvblink-server.
(Reading database ... 34901 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking dvblink-server (from dvblink-server_5.0.0_armhf_wheezy.deb) ...
Setting up dvblink-server (5.0.0) ...
/usr/local/bin/dvblink/reg.sh: 9: /usr/local/bin/dvblink/reg.sh: /usr/local/bin/dvblink/dvblink_reg: not found
dpkg: error processing dvblink-server (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 127
Errors were encountered while processing:
 dvblink-server
(I previously used TVheadend server + client with my TV tuner USB successfully but want to try dvblink and later VDR/Video Disk Recorder to see if it's more suitable to my needs - scheduling from web client to my NTFS drive, TVheadend has known bug - an unfixable permission issue)

EDIT: I worked around the permission issue by mounting my NTFS effectively 777 in fstab. Now I have tested both VDR (http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=6580) and Raspmc's built in TVheadend server. Both work but still would like to try dvblink-server to see if performance is better.
I've been trying to install dvblink server too and I get the exact same error message on dvblink 5.0.0. I tried TVheadend, but it didn't find all the tv channels I am now going to use VDR and see if that find more channels. I tried downloading 4.6.0 to see if that works, but I always lose the connection at 44.9mb/51.9mb...
http://188.121.56.29/download/installat ... 6.0.tar.gz

Does anyway have a copy of the 4.6.0 dvblink server install file?

EDIT:
This is why I am getting the error message (from a DVBlink forum mod):
"After careful investigation it looks like there is confusion here.
DVBLink for Raspberry Pi supports Raspbian Wheezy and for Openelec distributions.
Raspbmc is not supported. Hence the issues."

UPDATE:
I have successfully installed DVBlink on Openelec

Return to “Troubleshooting”