Page 4 of 56

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am
by Freeballer
THANK YOU!

... I finally have my wifi working, and my raspberry can be moved... if it helps anyone I have kernel:

Code: Select all

Linux RaspberryPi 3.10.25+ #622 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 18:41:00 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
... and downloaded:

Code: Select all

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-20131223.tar.gz
..after removing all instances of 8188eu.ko on my system.
I have an old(ish) rasbian weezy version... 2013-05-25
I have rebooted and still working!

good luck to everyone

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 pm
by Donovag
Thank you so much, it worked, I finally have wlan0 for my TL-WN725N v2 after several days of attempts and searches.

This process Initially kept failing for me at the TAR step; out of space on 4GB sd card originally used with NOOBS 1-3-3, repartitioned at boot up and then Rasbian installed. Nothing else added but insufficient size to expand the driver & firmware download.

I began again with an 8GB sd card and using same s/w and process everything worked smoothly with you excellent guidance.

3.10.24+ #614

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 pm
by Ciph
Thank you for this wonderful post! I got WiFi working thanks to this! I decided to provide a alternative download link on my server with a nice browsing interface.

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:06 pm
by MrEngman
Ciph wrote:Thank you for this wonderful post! I got WiFi working thanks to this! I decided to provide a alternative download link on my server with a nice browsing interface.

http://dl.ciph.se/raspberrypi/
Thank you, very useful.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:55 pm
by andreas.kall
Hi,

Does anyone have the link for 3.10.26+ #628 drivers for TP-LINK?

uname -a says Jan 10 2014 and i try the command "wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 110.tar.gz" but i receive "ERROR 404: NOT FOUND"

Thank you!

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:15 pm
by MrEngman
andreas.kall wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have the link for 3.10.26+ #628 drivers for TP-LINK?

uname -a says Jan 10 2014 and i try the command "wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 110.tar.gz" but i receive "ERROR 404: NOT FOUND"

Thank you!
Just compiling a new driver so check again in about half an hour or so. Should be available then. Say about 22:00GMT


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:47 pm
by MrEngman
Updated 8188eu.ko driver now available for 3.10.26+ #628

See here


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:20 pm
by marcom01
It just won't work here..

I have a raspberry pi with minepeon (http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/) installed on it.

uname -a says:
Linux minepeon 3.10.25-1-ARCH #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 23 16:07:25 MST 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux

And when i try to : ./install-8188eu.sh -k 616 , i get the follwing message:
cannot match kernel: 3.10.25-1-ARCH #616

(doesn't matter which kernel version i try, i get this by all the the kernel versions...

Has anybody an idea? i am becoming desperate at the moment.

Kind regards,
Marco

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:53 pm
by beliaz
Thank you MrEngman. With raspbian 3.10.26+ #628 and your release 8188eu-20140110.tar.gz, I finally got hostapd working with my TL-WN725N V2.0. I followed this instruction: http://raspberry-at-home.com/hotspot-wifi-access-point/.
/ Bengt-Erik

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:36 am
by MrEngman
marcom01 wrote:It just won't work here..

I have a raspberry pi with minepeon (http://mineforeman.com/minepeon/) installed on it.

uname -a says:
Linux minepeon 3.10.25-1-ARCH #1 PREEMPT Mon Dec 23 16:07:25 MST 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux

And when i try to : ./install-8188eu.sh -k 616 , i get the follwing message:
cannot match kernel: 3.10.25-1-ARCH #616

(doesn't matter which kernel version i try, i get this by all the the kernel versions...

Has anybody an idea? i am becoming desperate at the moment.

Kind regards,
Marco
Hello Marco,

You need a version of the driver compiled for Archlinux. The drivers I have compiled are for Raspbian.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:38 am
by MrEngman
beliaz wrote:Thank you MrEngman. With raspbian 3.10.26+ #628 and your release 8188eu-20140110.tar.gz, I finally got hostapd working with my TL-WN725N V2.0. I followed this instruction: http://raspberry-at-home.com/hotspot-wifi-access-point/.
/ Bengt-Erik
Thank you. That's very useful to know. Quite a few people have been having problems trying to get the WN725N V2 working as an AP.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.25+

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:16 am
by andreas.kall
MrEngman wrote:
andreas.kall wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have the link for 3.10.26+ #628 drivers for TP-LINK?

uname -a says Jan 10 2014 and i try the command "wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 110.tar.gz" but i receive "ERROR 404: NOT FOUND"

Thank you!
Just compiling a new driver so check again in about half an hour or so. Should be available then. Say about 22:00GMT


MrEngman

Thank you so much for this guide! It took me 1 full day just to get my wifi working. I'm new to both raspberry pi and Linux so i had to just blindly follow all these guides online, but this was simple to follow and works perfectly!

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:58 am
by firebelcher
Hey All...

I'm running a really early kernel raspbian 3.6.11+ #26 ...

I have not been able to get the drivers to work for this build.

Could someone help me out please?

I'm using this build with adafruit's PiTFT and I can't upgrade the kernel without destroying their modules.

Thanks for the help!

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:02 pm
by MrEngman
firebelcher wrote:Hey All...

I'm running a really early kernel raspbian 3.6.11+ #26 ...

I have not been able to get the drivers to work for this build.

Could someone help me out please?

I'm using this build with adafruit's PiTFT and I can't upgrade the kernel without destroying their modules.

Thanks for the help!
Can you provide the full output of command uname -a

I don't recognise 3.6.11+ #26. What image are you using as it doesn't appear to be raspbian which is what the drivers I compile are for.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:09 pm
by firebelcher
MrEngman wrote: Can you provide the full output of command uname -a
Linux clavius 3.6.11+ #26 PREEMPT Tue Nov 26 18:19:51 SGT 2013 armv6l GNU/Linux

I'm running rasbian wheezy with an update from adafruit.com that is used to run a piTFT.

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 pm
by pinsch
Hi,

where can I find a driver TL-WN725N V2 for 3.10.25+ #622 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 18:41:00 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

Thanks, Andreas

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:47 pm
by MrEngman
pinsch wrote:Hi,

where can I find a driver TL-WN725N V2 for 3.10.25+ #622 PREEMPT Fri Jan 3 18:41:00 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

Thanks, Andreas
You could try looking through the forum or you could look here.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.26+

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:39 pm
by pinsch
Thanks! Did not find this post yet.


Andreas

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:19 am
by MrEngman
Updated 8188eu.ko driver now available for 3.10.27+ #630

See here.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:07 am
by Ciph
Is this compatible with RaspBMC? Which file should I use for http://i.imgur.com/F4JYQgu.jpg?

Edit: The TP-LINK WN725N works "out of the box" on RaspBMC, no action needed :)

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:15 pm
by jperedadnr
Hi all, hi MrEngman

I've got two Raspberry Pi with two TL-WN725N V2 wifi adapters. Both use Raspbian image.

*One has kernel 3.6.11+, and works perfectly (iwconfig states "Link Quality=97/100 Signal Level=66/100")

*The new one has kernel 3.10.25+ #622. This one has MrEngman's driver 8188eu-20131223 installed (both bin and ko files, following instructions at the beginning of this post), and wifi works but with a really slow connection. In fact, iwconfig states "Link Quality=0/100 Signal Level=2/100", even it's connected.

If I swap the adapters, the problem is still the same.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance, MrEngman, for your great work.

Jose

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm
by MrEngman
jperedadnr wrote:Hi all, hi MrEngman

I've got two Raspberry Pi with two TL-WN725N V2 wifi adapters. Both use Raspbian image.

*One has kernel 3.6.11+, and works perfectly (iwconfig states "Link Quality=97/100 Signal Level=66/100")

*The new one has kernel 3.10.25+ #622. This one has MrEngman's driver 8188eu-20131223 installed (both bin and ko files, following instructions at the beginning of this post), and wifi works but with a really slow connection. In fact, iwconfig states "Link Quality=0/100 Signal Level=2/100", even it's connected.

If I swap the adapters, the problem is still the same.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance, MrEngman, for your great work.

Jose
I just compile the driver from someone else's source code. I'm not to keen on it especially having a separated firmware file which does make life awkward in certain cases. The driver has been heavily edited from the original and probably needs a fix to show signal levels correctly although there have been some changes recently. May be that they are not in the version you are using.

I use the 8188eu drivers on my main raspberry pi, now at 3.10.27+, and haven't had any problems with it so far.


MrEngman

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:29 pm
by xpaulus
3.10.27+ #630
MrEngman, well done!
works for me with Realtek RTL8188 Nano Wireless

also look for static IP on wifi
http://www.tiaowiki.com/w/How_to_config ... spberry_Pi

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:45 pm
by jperedadnr
Thanks, MrEngman.

I don't mind formatting the sdcard and installing the new kernel. But the last raspbian distro in Downloads, from 7th of Jan, is still with 3.10.25+. Where can I get the last distro??

Thanks again,
Jose

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 3.10.27+

Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:57 pm
by DougieLawson
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo rpi-update
will get you to

Code: Select all

[email protected] ~ $ uname -a
Linux pi 3.10.27+ #630 PREEMPT Fri Jan 17 19:44:36 GMT 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux
[email protected] ~ $ vcgencmd version
Jan 17 2014 19:57:56
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 55634e095f4d31d2610f3fa93a12990b09d21f80 (clean) (release)