Pearl.852
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:22 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:54 am

MrEngman,

Thanks for your reply, I will test with my other Pi's model (2B, 3B, 3B+) and see how each behave.

User avatar
Ram.Sh
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Wifi keeps on dropping connection

Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Hello,

I updated the driver to my Pi4:

Code: Select all

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.95-v7l+ #1292 SMP Thu Jan 16 15:50:13 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
I use it as wlan1 to be constantly connected to a mobile phone hotspot for internet connection, in my tests, the phone is 50 CM away from the dongle

when connected:
wlan1 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"HotSpot" Nickname:"<WIFI@REALTEK>"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.412 GHz Access Point: AA:DB:03:8E:7D:4C
Bit Rate:72.2 Mb/s Sensitivity:0/0
Retry:off RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Power Management:off
Link Quality=100/100 Signal level=56/100 Noise level=0/100
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
for most of the time, the connection keeps on dropping and disconnecting from the mobile phone, can you please point me to which logs/journalctl to troubleshoot this?

also, what does the Expired mean?
Image

Many Thanks!

User avatar
Ram.Sh
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:14 pm

Re: Wifi keeps on dropping connection

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Ram.Sh wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:41 pm
for most of the time, the connection keeps on dropping and disconnecting from the mobile phone, can you please point me to which logs/journalctl to troubleshoot this?
I tried to change the AP to open but still no joy, wlan1 connect and disconnect constantly (see short screen video)

please, how can I solve this?

k1r170
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi all!

Code: Select all

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.66-v7+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 11:49:46 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2357:0109 TP-Link TL WN823N RTL8192EU
Looking for drivers on the above. Can't seem to find anything even on provided links. Any help?

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:33 pm

k1r170 wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi all!

Code: Select all

Linux raspberrypi 4.19.66-v7+ #1253 SMP Thu Aug 15 11:49:46 BST 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

Code: Select all

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2357:0109 TP-Link TL WN823N RTL8192EU
Looking for drivers on the above. Can't seem to find anything even on provided links. Any help?
Try this

Code: Select all

wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/8192eu-drivers/8192eu-4.19.66-v7-1253.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.19.66-v7-1253.tar.gz
./install.sh
As an alternative there is my script which will automatically determine the driver you need and install it

Code: Select all

sudo wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
Command sudo install-wifi -h will give details on using it. Command sudo install-wifi is the basic command which will determine the driver you need and install it.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

bashco
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:16 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am

MrEngman

Your install script worked flawlessly for me, once I found it.

I wanted to ask if I could add your script to an 3D Printing Raspbian based image called https://github.com/guysoft/OctoPi

It would make setting up non-supported wifi dongles super simple for their users.

In order to be able to add your script, I have a small admin task requiring your attention.

I would require that a software license be added to the download site at http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/

There are various licenses available for public domain software and github,com have created a website, https://choosealicense.com/licenses/ of which I have taken the liberty of selecting https://choosealicense.com/licenses/unlicense/ as a potential candidate, as I feel this best encompasses the spirit in which you have provided the script to everyone coming across this forum and related forums and blog posts, etc.

Looking forward to your thoughts in this regard.

Andrew

PerformingAzura
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm

bashco wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am
MrEngman

Your install script worked flawlessly for me, once I found it.

I wanted to ask if I could add your script to an 3D Printing Raspbian based image called https://github.com/guysoft/OctoPi

It would make setting up non-supported wifi dongles super simple for their users.

In order to be able to add your script, I have a small admin task requiring your attention.

I would require that a software license be added to the download site at http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/

There are various licenses available for public domain software and github,com have created a website, https://choosealicense.com/licenses/ of which I have taken the liberty of selecting https://choosealicense.com/licenses/unlicense/ as a potential candidate, as I feel this best encompasses the spirit in which you have provided the script to everyone coming across this forum and related forums and blog posts, etc.

Looking forward to your thoughts in this regard.

Andrew
Which tar did you use?
I'm trying to get this adapter to work with Octopi aswell (4.19 v7+) , but the install script always complains a file is missing.

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 pm

PerformingAzura wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:15 pm
bashco wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am
MrEngman

Your install script worked flawlessly for me, once I found it.

I wanted to ask if I could add your script to an 3D Printing Raspbian based image called https://github.com/guysoft/OctoPi

It would make setting up non-supported wifi dongles super simple for their users.

In order to be able to add your script, I have a small admin task requiring your attention.

I would require that a software license be added to the download site at http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/

There are various licenses available for public domain software and github,com have created a website, https://choosealicense.com/licenses/ of which I have taken the liberty of selecting https://choosealicense.com/licenses/unlicense/ as a potential candidate, as I feel this best encompasses the spirit in which you have provided the script to everyone coming across this forum and related forums and blog posts, etc.

Looking forward to your thoughts in this regard.

Andrew
Which tar did you use?
I'm trying to get this adapter to work with Octopi aswell (4.19 v7+) , but the install script always complains a file is missing.
The script is for use with the Raspbian OS.

It might help determine the issue if you can copy the output of the script showing the error.

EDIT: tar is whatever is included in the Raspbian image.

MrEngman
Last edited by MrEngman on Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

mrandersonmd
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:42 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 am

I got drivers running OK on my RasPi 2B, but everytime it reboots, driver does not load automatically, I have to run again "sudo install-wifi" to get wlan0 working properly.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance

uname -a
Linux raspberrypi-edison 4.19.97-v7+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:15:58 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 am

mrandersonmd wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:46 am
I got drivers running OK on my RasPi 2B, but everytime it reboots, driver does not load automatically, I have to run again "sudo install-wifi" to get wlan0 working properly.

How can I solve this?

Thanks in advance

uname -a
Linux raspberrypi-edison 4.19.97-v7+ #1294 SMP Thu Jan 30 13:15:58 GMT 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux
What wifi are you using? Can you post the output you get when you run the install-wifi script. When you reboot can you post the output of commands

Code: Select all

lsusb
lsmod
ifconfig
May help figure out what is happening.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

paulv
Posts: 564
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:44 pm

Dear Mr Engman,
You've made my day once again with a driver I desperately needed.
Thank you very much for the time and effort you keep on investing in this issue.
We would be up the creek without a paddle if it wasn't for you.

Please keep on helping us mere mortals out!

Tks,

Paulv

wewa
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:36 am
Location: Austria

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Thanks again to Mr Engman (your precompiled driver helps a lot).

But what I do not understand is, why is the latest driver which not integrated in the raspbian sources?

Mr Engman compiles the driver from lwfinger (https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu). But in the raspbian sources (https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/tr ... /rtl8188eu) they use a different (maybe deprecated) version.

Why are the not integrating the actual version there so that this driver does not need to be reinstalled again after every kernel update?

victorzwl
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:10 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:16 am

MrEngman's works great on my version 3 (or version 3.8 as the box says). So it's just that the title is a bit confusing with "V2".

Anyway, just want to say thanks MrEngman.

(Oh BTW, downloading from http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/ is extremely slow. It took me about 10 minutes to download the ~700KB file. I'm from California.)

bobonetsue
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 am

Hello was wondering if you could help me with a driver for Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux. Thanks!

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm

bobonetsue wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 am
Hello was wondering if you could help me with a driver for Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux. Thanks!
I have now compiled the drivers I normally compile for the Raspbian kernel 4.19.118 versions. What driver are you looking for?



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

bobonetsue
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am

MrEngman wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm
bobonetsue wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 am
Hello was wondering if you could help me with a driver for Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux. Thanks!
I have now compiled the drivers I normally compile for the Raspbian kernel 4.19.118 versions. What driver are you looking for?



MrEngman
Thanks for the reply, would be for a rtl8811AU wireless adapter, working with a raspberry pi . I was successful with some code you provided 2 years ago but couldn't find the post again.

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:39 am

bobonetsue wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am
MrEngman wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm
bobonetsue wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:11 am
Hello was wondering if you could help me with a driver for Linux raspberrypi 4.19.118-v7+ #1311 SMP Mon Apr 27 14:21:24 BST 2020 armv7l GNU/Linux. Thanks!
I have now compiled the drivers I normally compile for the Raspbian kernel 4.19.118 versions. What driver are you looking for?



MrEngman
Thanks for the reply, would be for a rtl8811AU wireless adapter, working with a raspberry pi . I was successful with some code you provided 2 years ago but couldn't find the post again.
Take a look here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62371#p462982 for info on accessing, downloading and installing the drivers.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

bobonetsue
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 pm

MrEngman wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:39 am
bobonetsue wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:26 am
MrEngman wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm


I have now compiled the drivers I normally compile for the Raspbian kernel 4.19.118 versions. What driver are you looking for?



MrEngman
Thanks for the reply, would be for a rtl8811AU wireless adapter, working with a raspberry pi . I was successful with some code you provided 2 years ago but couldn't find the post again.
Take a look here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62371#p462982 for info on accessing, downloading and installing the drivers.



MrEngman
I have used that and so far so good, only problem is im unable to access the network through the adapter. I can see them in wlan1 but no internet access.

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 pm

bobonetsue wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 pm
I have used that and so far so good, only problem is im unable to access the network through the adapter. I can see them in wlan1 but no internet access.
Can you post the output from command lsusb for your wifi module?



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

bobonetsue
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:05 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:18 pm

MrEngman wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:27 pm
bobonetsue wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:11 pm
I have used that and so far so good, only problem is im unable to access the network through the adapter. I can see them in wlan1 but no internet access.
Can you post the output from command lsusb for your wifi module?



MrEngman

Command not found which is odd, as usbutils is already the newest version. Also i dont have wlan1 showing up. Its appearing as wlxe84e066 for some reason. Starting to think i may need to restart from scratch.

edit- Started from scratch wlan1 is showing properly now but still unable to connect to any of the networks that show. Output from command is.

Code: Select all

lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:0811 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

longerski
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:06 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 am

The script stopped working for me.

Code: Select all

Installing driver config file 8188eu.conf.
mv 8188eu.conf /etc/modprobe.d/.
Installing driver module 8188eu.ko.
install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
install: nelze vytvořit obyčejný soubor '/lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless': Adresář nebo soubor neexistuje
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+: No such file or directory
depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory
Loading and running the 8188eu driver, 8188eu.ko.
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module 8188eu not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun May 03, 2020 11:26 am

longerski wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 5:16 am
The script stopped working for me.

Code: Select all

Installing driver config file 8188eu.conf.
mv 8188eu.conf /etc/modprobe.d/.
Installing driver module 8188eu.ko.
install -p -m 644 8188eu.ko /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
install: nelze vytvořit obyčejný soubor '/lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless': Adresář nebo soubor neexistuje
depmod: ERROR: could not open directory /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+: No such file or directory
depmod: FATAL: could not search modules: No such file or directory
Loading and running the 8188eu driver, 8188eu.ko.
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+/modules.dep.bin'
modprobe: FATAL: Module 8188eu not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.75-v7+
Reboot and try again.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

longerski
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:06 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun May 03, 2020 12:26 pm

And now.
After clean installation of raspbian and your script, wifi works, after reboot no longer.

Code: Select all

 *** Raspberry Pi wifi driver installer by MrEngman.
 *** Performing self-update
 *** Relaunching after update

 *** Raspberry Pi wifi driver installer by MrEngman.

Your current kernel revision = 4.19.60-v7+
Your current kernel build    = #2

Checking for a wifi module to determine the driver to install.

Your wifi module is Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter

And it uses the 8188eu driver.


Your Pi revision number is a01041
You have a Pi 2B v1.1
Checking for a 8188eu wifi driver module for your current kernel.
A driver does not yet exist for this update.

MrEngman
Posts: 4056
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun May 03, 2020 2:03 pm

longerski wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 12:26 pm
And now.
After clean installation of raspbian and your script, wifi works, after reboot no longer.

Code: Select all

 *** Raspberry Pi wifi driver installer by MrEngman.
 *** Performing self-update
 *** Relaunching after update

 *** Raspberry Pi wifi driver installer by MrEngman.

Your current kernel revision = 4.19.60-v7+
Your current kernel build    = #2

Checking for a wifi module to determine the driver to install.

Your wifi module is Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter

And it uses the 8188eu driver.


Your Pi revision number is a01041
You have a Pi 2B v1.1
Checking for a 8188eu wifi driver module for your current kernel.
A driver does not yet exist for this update.
I compile the wifi drivers for Raspbian OS. From the kernel/build info you posted your kernel does not appear to be a Raspbian OS.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

longerski
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 03, 2020 5:06 am

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sun May 03, 2020 2:12 pm

I have raspbian OS

Code: Select all

PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
HOME_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianForums"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.raspbian.org/RaspbianBugs"

Return to “Troubleshooting”