jason.zouikri
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Wow -- your driver and hostapd works on 8188eu without a hitch. I am on Raspian 4.14.48+ on a Raspberry Pi Zero. Just from the modinfo 8818eu I see there is a lot more supported in this driver module. iw/iwconfig commands also seem to be working.

Is there a GPL or BSD license for the source code for the built drivers or is it private source:
http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/

All I did was:
(1) "uname -r" came back with 4.14.48+
(2) download driver for http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi ... eu-drivers which is the following driver package 8188eu-4.14.48-1118.tar.gz (4.14.48)
(3) tar -xvzf 8188eu-4.14.48-1118.tar.gz
(4) ran the installation script
(5) Followed this directions: https://scribles.net/creating-wireless- ... pi-zero-w/ (updates system, brings down hostapd and dnsmasq, and configures the appropriate files)

Thanks a bunch. Now to try to make the zero connect to a vpn server -- I ultimately want a VPN router but my current one doesn't support it AND I think I will lose a lot of hardware support if I go to Linux firmware (DD-WRT?).

corrobor
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 am

MrEngman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi corrobor,

It would appear the issue is to do with Raspbian Stretch and the mt7610u driver.

When I checked the driver and it was OK when rebooting or using shutdown or halt it appears the kernel I was using was Raspbian Jessie although it was updated to kernel 4.14.44-v7+.

I made a new SD card with Raspbian Stretch and now I am getting the same problem you see when the kernel appears to crash when using reboot or shutdown/halt.

I have no idea why it is happening and I've been looking for some different source code to try but have not been able to find any yet.

I am trying to find a driver that works but I don't know how long that will take.
Nothing?

MrEngman
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:20 pm

corrobor wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 am
MrEngman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:39 pm
Hi corrobor,

It would appear the issue is to do with Raspbian Stretch and the mt7610u driver.

When I checked the driver and it was OK when rebooting or using shutdown or halt it appears the kernel I was using was Raspbian Jessie although it was updated to kernel 4.14.44-v7+.

I made a new SD card with Raspbian Stretch and now I am getting the same problem you see when the kernel appears to crash when using reboot or shutdown/halt.

I have no idea why it is happening and I've been looking for some different source code to try but have not been able to find any yet.

I am trying to find a driver that works but I don't know how long that will take.
Nothing?
Sorry nothing yet.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

MrEngman
Posts: 3711
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm

jason.zouikri wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:42 pm
Wow -- your driver and hostapd works on 8188eu without a hitch. I am on Raspian 4.14.48+ on a Raspberry Pi Zero. Just from the modinfo 8818eu I see there is a lot more supported in this driver module. iw/iwconfig commands also seem to be working.

Is there a GPL or BSD license for the source code for the built drivers or is it private source:
http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/
The source files include this header

Code: Select all

/******************************************************************************
 *
 * Copyright(c) 2007 - 2012 Realtek Corporation. All rights reserved.
 *
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
 * under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as
 * published by the Free Software Foundation.
 *
 * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
 * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
 * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for
 * more details.
 *
 * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
 * this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
 * 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110, USA
 *
 *
 ******************************************************************************/
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

corrobor
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 pm

MrEngman wrote:
Sorry nothing yet.
Friend I change the dongle and stop! can you suggest me a dongle usb wifi 5ghz that works in raspberry 2 without problem? I will buy it in Amazon

corrobor
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: (UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 am

corrobor wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 pm
MrEngman wrote:
Sorry nothing yet.
Friend I change the dongle and stop! can you suggest me a dongle usb wifi 5ghz that works in raspberry 2 without problem? I will buy it in Amazon
I will buy raspberry pi 3b+ and stop. Tanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DougieLawson, omniboard and 66 guests