(UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+

1284 posts   Page 52 of 52   1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
by marciokoko » Thu May 25, 2017 4:51 pm
ok now back to the wireless bit. I plugged in the tplink, it rebooted but no wireless connection. SO I created the ssh file on the memory card, put it back in, plugged the usb otg cable into the pi0 and connected it to my mac (where I logged into it before), pi0 boots up a screen saying "SSH is enabled by default, and pwd for pi user hasnt been changed, this is a risk..." but when I go to my laptop terminal and type in ssh pi@raspberrypi.local, i get ssh could not resolve:

Marcios-MacBook-Pro:~ mars$ ssh pi@raspberrypi.local
ssh: Could not resolve hostname raspberrypi.local: nodename nor servname provided, or not known
by MrEngman » Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm
marciokoko wrote:ok now back to the wireless bit. I plugged in the tplink, it rebooted but no wireless connection. SO I created the ssh file on the memory card, put it back in, plugged the usb otg cable into the pi0 and connected it to my mac (where I logged into it before), pi0 boots up a screen saying "SSH is enabled by default, and pwd for pi user hasnt been changed, this is a risk..." but when I go to my laptop terminal and type in ssh pi@raspberrypi.local, i get ssh could not resolve:

Marcios-MacBook-Pro:~ mars$ ssh pi@raspberrypi.local
ssh: Could not resolve hostname raspberrypi.local: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

I expect this is because your connection doesn't have a DNS name server to resolve the name. Anyway using PI@raspberrypi.local is probably not right.

On my network I have to use hostname.fars-robotics.local, with no @ symbol which is probably not right to use, with hostname set for whichever Pi I want to connect to.

However, I do not normally use the hostname and always use the IP address. And on my Win 7 laptop I use Putty to make the SSH link.

There must be a load of posts about using SSH from a MAC on the forum. Maybe a good idea to look at the sticky posts at the beginning of the Beginners or Troubleshooting forums.

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
by jackkiefer » Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm
Hi MrEngman,

Is there any possibility that you could provide a list of the pre-compiled drivers available for download on your fars-robotics.net? I would really appreciate that! I'm running an OS that doesn't have Raspbian's extra version and build number (so I can't guess at the URL), but your drivers work beautifully otherwise.

Also, is there any chance of you uploading your source code/build configuration to GitHub? There are some (myself included) who would find it quite useful to be able to compile the drivers ourselves!

Thanks a ton. You're doing awesome work!
by MrEngman » Fri May 26, 2017 1:04 pm
jackkiefer wrote:Hi MrEngman,

Is there any possibility that you could provide a list of the pre-compiled drivers available for download on your fars-robotics.net? I would really appreciate that! I'm running an OS that doesn't have Raspbian's extra version and build number (so I can't guess at the URL), but your drivers work beautifully otherwise.

Also, is there any chance of you uploading your source code/build configuration to GitHub? There are some (myself included) who would find it quite useful to be able to compile the drivers ourselves!

So what OS are you using?

I'm not going to list my drivers as there are about 1660 driver files available.

I compile new drivers whenever there is an update to https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware and the kernel version is changed or there is a new build. Currently there are drivers for 8188eu, 8192eu, 8812au, mt7610u and mt7612u devices available for Raspbian kernels 4.0, 4.4, and 4.9.

The file names are based on the wifi version - 8188eu, 8192eu, 8812au, mt7610 or mt7612 - the Raspbian kernel version and the Raspbian kernel build number. mt7612 drivers are not available for kernels 4.9 as there is a problem with it with that kernel version and I cannot find a fix.

As an example for the latest Raspbian kernel 4.9.29(-v7)+ #1000 and driver 8188eu the file name is 8188eu-4.9.29-1000.tar.gz for Pi 1 and Pi zero and for Pi 2B and 3B 8188eu-4.9.29-v7-1000.tar.gz.

The source I use for my drivers is downloaded from github so I see no point in duplicating the code again.

MrEngman

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
by jackkiefer » Fri May 26, 2017 3:35 pm
MrEngman wrote:

I'm not going to list my drivers as there are about 1660 driver files available.

I compile new drivers whenever there is an update to https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware and the kernel version is changed or there is a new build. Currently there are drivers for 8188eu, 8192eu, 8812au, mt7610u and mt7612u devices available for Raspbian kernels 4.0, 4.4, and 4.9.

The file names are based on the wifi version - 8188eu, 8192eu, 8812au, mt7610 or mt7612 - the Raspbian kernel version and the Raspbian kernel build number. mt7612 drivers are not available for kernels 4.9 as there is a problem with it with that kernel version and I cannot find a fix.

As an example for the latest Raspbian kernel 4.9.29(-v7)+ #1000 and driver 8188eu the file name is 8188eu-4.9.29-1000.tar.gz for Pi 1 and Pi zero and for Pi 2B and 3B 8188eu-4.9.29-v7-1000.tar.gz.

The source I use for my drivers is downloaded from github so I see no point in duplicating the code again.

MrEngman

We're running a custom OS that we've put together in-house that is loosely based on Raspbian.
Ah! I see that that repository lists the uname text. Awesome. My problem was that uname -a only gives, for example, 4.1.21, as opposed to 4.1.21v7 #872, but now I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks a ton!
by MrEngman » Fri May 26, 2017 3:59 pm
jackkiefer wrote:
MrEngman wrote:

MrEngman

We're running a custom OS that we've put together in-house that is loosely based on Raspbian.
Ah! I see that that repository lists the uname text. Awesome. My problem was that uname -a only gives, for example, 4.1.21, as opposed to 4.1.21v7 #872, but now I should be able to figure it out.

Thanks a ton!

Don't forget the hyphen:- 4.1.21-v7 - before the v7 for Pi 2B and 3B and just 4.1.21 for other versions of the Pi.

MrEngman

by macmpi » Tue May 30, 2017 7:56 am
MrEngman wrote:The source I use for my drivers is downloaded from github so I see no point in duplicating the code again
Would you then mind sharing (here or on first post) the specific github links for each of the driver you compile?
This can be very beneficial for this community, so that one can build same drivers with any custom kernels, such as berryboot's or al...

Thank you very much.
by kb_ » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:40 pm
Hi,
I just updated my Raspberry Pi to 4.9.31+ #1005, but I can't download the driver with
Code: Select all
wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-8188eu-4.9.31-1005.tar.gz
by MrEngman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:14 am
kb_ wrote:Hi,
I just updated my Raspberry Pi to 4.9.31+ #1005, but I can't download the driver with
wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-8188eu-4.9.31-1005.tar.gz

It would be better if you used
wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-4.9.31-1005.tar.gz

MrEngman