(UPDATE) Drivers for TL-WN725N V2 - 3.6.11+ -> 4.xx.xx+


1225 posts   Page 49 of 49   1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49
by yotalorenzo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:33 am
Can anybody help me?
Raspberry Pi model B

Code: Select all
$ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.9.14+ #977 Mon Mar 13 18:21:04 GMT 2017 armv6l GNU/Linux

$ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-4.9.14-977.tar.gz

--2017-03-16 09:30:02--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-4.9.14-977.tar.gz
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 162.125.66.6
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|162.125.66.6|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-16 09:30:03 ERROR 404: Not Found.

$ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-4.9.14+-977.tar.gz

--2017-03-16 09:30:26--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8188eu-4.9.14+-977.tar.gz
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 162.125.66.6
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|162.125.66.6|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-16 09:30:27 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:44 pm
by macmpi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:42 am
yotalorenzo wrote:Can anybody help me?
Sure you'll find clues in the just preceding posts ;)
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 pm
by MrEngman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am
macmpi wrote:Dear MrEngman,

Ouch...quite radical impact of Dropbox policy change indeed.
The list of drivers available is limited but should cover 4.4.35 - 4.4.50 and 4.9.xx

Any chance you can make earlier drivers available too (4.4.9 #884 series in particular)?
Is that just a matter of time to copy them all over?

Thanks!

Copying addition files over at the moment but it will take some time. Should then handle 4.4.xx and 4.9.xx. Will let you know when it is done.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by MrEngman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:27 pm
Hi macmpi,

Sorry for the delay, had to go out for a while. The driver should be available now.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by mikelangeloz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 pm
Hi MrEngman,
Michelangelo from volumio.org here. I am a huge fan of your work, and we use it in current Volumio releases. I understand your disappointment, I also learned it the hard way that is hard to rely on someone else's storage...

If you need hosting for the modules or you need help setting up another mirror location, please let me know. I'll be happy to help with a VPS or some other sort of storage...
www.raspyfi.com
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm
Location: Firenze
by MrEngman » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:22 pm
mikelangeloz wrote:Hi MrEngman,
Michelangelo from volumio.org here. I am a huge fan of your work, and we use it in current Volumio releases. I understand your disappointment, I also learned it the hard way that is hard to rely on someone else's storage...

If you need hosting for the modules or you need help setting up another mirror location, please let me know. I'll be happy to help with a VPS or some other sort of storage...

Hi Michelangelo,

Thank you very much for your offer. However, I do have web space available from my ISP so I am using that now.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by mikelangeloz » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:25 pm
NP, if whenever I can make anything to help you, just let me know
www.raspyfi.com
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:33 pm
Location: Firenze
by macmpi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:43 pm
MrEngman wrote:The driver should be available now.
Thanks a lot, that's great!
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:39 pm
by Apple » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:02 pm
Hi guys,

I tried to download the 8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz but It didn't succeed

Code: Select all
wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz
--2017-03-21 11:49:40--  http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz
Resolving www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)... 212.23.8.80
Connecting to www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)|212.23.8.80|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-21 11:49:40 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:04 pm
by MrEngman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 pm
Apple wrote:Hi guys,

I tried to download the 8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz but It didn't succeed

Code: Select all
wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz
--2017-03-21 11:49:40--  http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160305.tar.gz
Resolving www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)... 212.23.8.80
Connecting to www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)|212.23.8.80|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-21 11:49:40 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Can you try again. It should be available now.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by tribb333 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:51 pm
Trying to download latest driver for my TPLink 8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz


wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz
--2017-03-22 12:55:40-- http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz
Resolving www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)... 212.23.8.80
Connecting to www.fars-robotics.net (www.fars-robotics.net)|212.23.8.80|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-22 12:55:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:49 pm
by MrEngman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 pm
tribb333 wrote:Trying to download latest driver for my TPLink 8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz


wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz
--2017-03-22 12:55:40-- http://www.fars-robotics.net/8188eu-v7-20160406.tar.gz
Resolving http://www.fars-robotics.net (http://www.fars-robotics.net)... 212.23.8.80
Connecting to http://www.fars-robotics.net (http://www.fars-robotics.net)|212.23.8.80|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2017-03-22 12:55:42 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Sorry about that. Please try again. The file should be available now.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by gh-rpi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 am
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:17 am
by MrEngman » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:17 pm
gh-rpi wrote:I downloaded these files before
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 930.tar.gz
and
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 970.tar.gz

But I change to
http://www.fars-robotics.net/8812au-4.4 ... 930.tar.gz
and
http://www.fars-robotics.net/8812au-4.4 ... 970.tar.gz

There's no file exist.

Could you please upload these file again, thank you very much.

For some reason, my brain probably, the 8812au-4.4.34-v7 drivers were not on the new site. However, the 8812au-4.4.50-v7 drivers were already on the new site so not sure why you could not access it.

Reloaded the files so they should be available now.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by iVandroid » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:57 pm
Hi.
I connect the WiFi adapter TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano to my Raspberry Pi B+ with Raspbian v4.4.50 #970, but Raspbian not see and not connect to WiFi-router.
How I can connect it? I not very good user of Linux, I need very detalised instruction.
I try download driver from this post https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 0#p1131560
but Dropbox say that this file not found. Where i can download it?

Please help me!
Best regards!
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm
by MrEngman » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:57 pm
iVandroid wrote:Hi.
I connect the WiFi adapter TP-Link TL-WN725N Nano to my Raspberry Pi B+ with Raspbian v4.4.50 #970, but Raspbian not see and not connect to WiFi-router.
How I can connect it? I not very good user of Linux, I need very detalised instruction.
I try download driver from this post https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 0#p1131560
but Dropbox say that this file not found. Where i can download it?

Please help me!
Best regards!

Try this
Code: Select all
wget http://fars-robotics.net/8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
tar xzf 8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
./install.sh


And take a look here https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1131653#p1131653.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by PierreLeRoi » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:32 am
After long time no maintenance I checked the current driver list before I would initiate a rpi update.

According https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware a rpi-update would bump me to kernel 4.9.20.

Page one show "The list of drivers available is limited but should cover 4.4.35 - 4.4.50 and 4.9.xx"...Drivers for kernel versions 3.18, 4.1, 4.4 and 4.8/9 are available using this new filename format."

However, I cannot find drivers in the lists at http://www.fars-robotics.net/ (rtl8188eu drivers for 4.1.xx+. For the Pi 2B) which indicate 4.9 drivers are available indeed. So I played with the auto installation script (# install-wifi - v9.4 - by MrEngman.) to verify but no success yet.

Am I missing something?

Hope someone can help.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:19 am
by MrEngman » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:27 pm
PierreLeRoi wrote:After long time no maintenance I checked the current driver list before I would initiate a rpi update.

According https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware a rpi-update would bump me to kernel 4.9.20.

Page one show "The list of drivers available is limited but should cover 4.4.35 - 4.4.50 and 4.9.xx"...Drivers for kernel versions 3.18, 4.1, 4.4 and 4.8/9 are available using this new filename format."

However, I cannot find drivers in the lists at http://www.fars-robotics.net/ (rtl8188eu drivers for 4.1.xx+. For the Pi 2B) which indicate 4.9 drivers are available indeed. So I played with the auto installation script (# install-wifi - v9.4 - by MrEngman.) to verify but no success yet.

Am I missing something?

Hope someone can help.

Dropbox have made a major change to their web site and its really screwed things up. Really annoying to say the least and the old script does not work anymore.

I have moved some of the drivers to a new site. You will need to download and install a new script to use the new site.

Download and install the new version of the script with commands
Code: Select all
sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
The command
Code: Select all
sudo install-wifi -h
will show details on using it.

This hopefully will let you get the driver you need. If it is still not available let me know and I will upload the version you need to the new site.

If you want to use rpi-update you can check a driver is available for the kernel rpi-update will install using command
Code: Select all
sudo install-wifi -c rpi-update
Drivers for 4.9.20(-v7)+ #985 should now be available.

The drivers are available using the new script but the instructions and list of drivers shown on that web site are no longer valid.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by plasmasnake » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:49 am
Thanks for the hard work MrEngman.

I'm just wondering, is this code ever going to make it upstream? Or are we going to be stuck forever with having to update this module every time we do a kernel update?
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:25 pm
by MrEngman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:03 am
plasmasnake wrote:Thanks for the hard work MrEngman.

I'm just wondering, is this code ever going to make it upstream? Or are we going to be stuck forever with having to update this module every time we do a kernel update?

There is a driver for the TL-WN725N included in the various kernel images available - r8188eu - and it has been for quite a long time now. However, it has issues and I prefer to use the driver I compile and so do others.

To be able to use the built in driver you will need to delete the file /etc/modprobe.d/8188eu.conf as that file includes a line to disable the build in driver and the 8188eu driver with the following commands
Code: Select all
sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/8188eu.conf
sudo rm /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8188eu.ko
sudo depmod -a
then reboot and you should find the built in driver will be used.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by iVandroid » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 am
MrEngman wrote:Try this
Code: Select all
wget http://fars-robotics.net/8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
tar xzf 8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
./install.sh


And take a look here https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1131653#p1131653.

MrEngman


Hi.
Thank you for your reply. But I found that, like my Raspbian defines this dongle, and even sees the Wifi access point, but for some reason does not connect to any of them. After I followed your advice, my adapter disappeared from the system and the access points were no longer there. I think that maybe my adapter has another driver and it already exists in the system, or in general another microcircuit. On the adapter body, I noticed an inscription, it seems that the adapter uses a chip with the number 8853A, because the following is visible on the case:
TP-Link.jpg
TP-Link.jpg (61.38 KiB) Viewed 370 times


Does this mean that other drivers are needed, and that maybe they already exist in Raspbian, since he already sees access points?
Do you tell me, how can I connect to my access point?
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm
by MrEngman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:50 am
iVandroid wrote:
MrEngman wrote:Try this
Code: Select all
wget http://fars-robotics.net/8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
tar xzf 8188eu-4.4.50-v7-970.tar.gz
./install.sh


And take a look here https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1131653#p1131653.

MrEngman


Hi.
Thank you for your reply. But I found that, like my Raspbian defines this dongle, and even sees the Wifi access point, but for some reason does not connect to any of them. After I followed your advice, my adapter disappeared from the system and the access points were no longer there. I think that maybe my adapter has another driver and it already exists in the system, or in general another microcircuit. On the adapter body, I noticed an inscription, it seems that the adapter uses a chip with the number 8853A, because the following is visible on the case:
TP-Link.jpg


Does this mean that other drivers are needed, and that maybe they already exist in Raspbian, since he already sees access points?
Do you tell me, how can I connect to my access point?

The driver you installed is probably the wrong version. With the wifi dongle connected to the Pi post the output from commands
Code: Select all
uname -a
lsusb
so I can check what you need.

You can download and run the new script. It will automatically check what driver you need for your wifi and then install it. You will then need to configure the wifi to get it to connect to your wifi network.

Download and install the new script using commands
Code: Select all
sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
and then run command
Code: Select all
sudo install-wifi
to find and install the driver you need.

To configure your wifi edit file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf like
Code: Select all
country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="network-name"
        psk="network-password"
}
This assumes your wifi network uses WPA/WPA2 security. Change the "country=" code to where you are and set network name and password to what your network uses. Reboot and you should get a connection.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by superjcvd » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:51 pm
Hello everybody.

I just bought a "Archer T1U V1" USB Wifi dongle.
I tried everything I could but I can't get it work at all on a raspberry pi 3 (Raspbian)
Kernel = 4.4.50-v7

I tried 3 different actions:

* Compile the official TP-Link driver
= Not working (the driver is too old for latest kernels)

* Compile this driver = https://github.com/UlfWetzker/mt7610u_w ... o_20130916
= Compiling and loading the mt7610u_sta module but impossible to make wlan0 device appear

* Use your super script to install the driver
= Installing / wlan0 device appears / But I can't connect to any wireless AP


If anybody has had any success making Archer T1U work I'm interrested :)
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:25 pm
by MrEngman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm
superjcvd wrote:Hello everybody.

I just bought a "Archer T1U V1" USB Wifi dongle.
I tried everything I could but I can't get it work at all on a raspberry pi 3 (Raspbian)
Kernel = 4.4.50-v7

I tried 3 different actions:

* Compile the official TP-Link driver
= Not working (the driver is too old for latest kernels)

* Compile this driver = https://github.com/UlfWetzker/mt7610u_w ... o_20130916
= Compiling and loading the mt7610u_sta module but impossible to make wlan0 device appear

* Use your super script to install the driver
= Installing / wlan0 device appears / But I can't connect to any wireless AP


If anybody has had any success making Archer T1U work I'm interrested :)

There are plenty of posts on the forum about the Archer T1U. Some working and some not.

If you see wlan0 but can't connect to a network that would suggest there is a problem with your wifi configuration.

What do you see if you run command
Code: Select all
sudo iwlist wlan0 scan
What security does your network use - WPA/WPA2 or WEP - as the configuration is different depending on the security used. What is you current setup? What do the following commands show
Code: Select all
uname -a
cat /etc/network/interfaces
sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
by iVandroid » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 pm
MrEngman wrote:The driver you installed is probably the wrong version. With the wifi dongle connected to the Pi post the output from commands
Code: Select all
uname -a
lsusb
so I can check what you need.

You can download and run the new script. It will automatically check what driver you need for your wifi and then install it. You will then need to configure the wifi to get it to connect to your wifi network.

Download and install the new script using commands
Code: Select all
sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
and then run command
Code: Select all
sudo install-wifi
to find and install the driver you need.

To configure your wifi edit file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf like
Code: Select all
country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="network-name"
        psk="network-password"
}
This assumes your wifi network uses WPA/WPA2 security. Change the "country=" code to where you are and set network name and password to what your network uses. Reboot and you should get a connection.


MrEngman


Greetings. You helped me a lot, thank you for these recommendations. Everything turned out, I was able to connect to the access point. I will experiment further.
Thank you again and good luck in everything!
Regards, Ivan.
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:08 pm