TorcelloPi

NOOBS v1.3.zip is d/loading....

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 am

...empty, for some reason?

neilf

Re: NOOBS v1.3.zip is d/loading....

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:32 am

It takes a long time to download completely, even though it may look like it's downloaded almost instantly. You should start the download and then go and do something else for a while (5-10 mins?) - only then will the archive open fully populated.

Joe Schmoe

Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 am

Or you could save yourself the pain and d/l the "lite" version.

FWIW, ISTM that the lite version should be preferred, since, as we all know, software is obsolete the minute it is released (I.e., with the "heavy" version, you are by definition getting old software...)
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

klricks

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:55 pm

neilf wrote:It takes a long time to download completely, even though it may look like it's downloaded almost instantly. You should start the download and then go and do something else for a while (5-10 mins?) - only then will the archive open fully populated.
My ISP is slow and it takes 2 or 3 hours to DL NOOBS. If you press refresh on the explorer menu then you can see the progress (Windows).
Several times my DL appears to stop at random places without an error message or any indication that anything is wrong other than the file-size is not right. I have to note the expected file size reported by the Firefox DL manager then compare that to the finished DL file-size.
My ISP does not do Torrents at all...
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Troubleshooting”