Ultra_Saucy

Keyboard not working

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 pm

I recently got a raspberry pi, and tried to get it set up. I flashed the wheezy os onto a 4 gig sd card, and then hooked up the pi to a monitor, keyboard, and power. when the pi gets to the setup screen, none of the keys on the keyboard work, and the numb-locks light doesnt come on. Also, while the pi is booting i get an error message that says error opening '/dev/input/event*' no such file or directory. Is this why the keyboard is not working?

itimpi

Re: Keyboard not working

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:43 am

It might be worth going more information about the power supply you are using and the keyboard. Your symptoms suggest that insuficient power might be getting to the keyboard for it to work correctly.

Note that any keyboard with fancy features such as a built-in USB hub is unlikely to work plugged directly into the Pi.

Angelus88

Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 am

I agree with you... I have a keyboard where the keys actually worked but it looked like they were stuck.
I mean, if I pressed "Q", the keyboard typed "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ" but it was just a power supply issue.

Ultra_Saucy

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:02 pm

The keyboard is rated this 100m A and I have a 1A power supply that I am using. Do I need a bigger power supply or should I get a usb hub?

duberry
Location: standing on a planet that's evolving. And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Ultra_Saucy wrote:The keyboard is rated this 100m A and I have a 1A power supply that I am using. Do I need a bigger power supply or should I get a usb hub?
i have a kbd rated 100mA same it wont work with modle b pi + 'official' rs charger rated 1200mA ,
it do work with a powered hub ..
lend me your arms, fast as thunderbolts, for a pillow on my journey.
If the environment was a bank, would it be too big to fail
so long; and thanks for all the pi

Return to “Troubleshooting”