talon8

Not recognizing touch input from Acer T230H touchscreen

Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:18 am

I am hoping to use a Raspberry Pi as a thin client (I have a server hosting a windows VM somewhere). I happen to have a Acer T230H touchscreen monitor and was hoping to use that.

I am completely new to the Raspberry Pi (I got this from a friend who had a few extras). The display obviously works, but the touchscreen does not. Does anybody have any information on what would be required to hook this up? As far as I can tell the Raspberry Pi does not even recognize the touchscreen as a usb input.

I have tried the following distros:
- Raspian
- Pidora
- RPi-TC

I would prefer to use RPi-TC, but I'll take anything if it works... Anyone have any ideas how to get any distro to recognize the Touchscreen?

talon8

Re: Not recognizing touch input from Acer T230H touchscreen

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:15 am

Bump, anyone? Editted with more details.

nixem

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:13 am

I am trying to connect the same monitor, touchscreen does not seem to work out of the box. Hunting drivers....

OP have you had any luck?

ANYONE:
What are the best touch screens to use with the pi? I am setting up a touchscreen POS, Looking to use HDMI for video and USB to send controls to the pi

talon8

Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Sorry, no luck yet. I was also really hoping you were an an answer. :-)

robsoft

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:51 am

Hi, don't know if you're still having trouble with this but I've got mine working on the latest Raspbian with almost no extra effort at all. It definitely didn't used to work, back in 2012 when I had a model B but I just got a Pi2 and downloaded the latest Raspbian, plugged the Acer USB in almost on a whim and was surprised to see it recognised during the boot sequence.

I followed the tutorial here (http://news.hopeindustrial.com/2013/usi ... een-setup/) to get it calibrated (I didn't need the Y invert stuff) and to get touch-and-hold for right-click, and it works like a charm. So big thanks to whoever did whatever in the background over the past couple of years to make this beast work. :-)

I've since gone back to my old B and upgraded Raspbian on there, with the same results - it works fine as a touchscreen on the old model too.
--
Rob, Robsoft. Delphi, C#, SQL Server, Xamarin, Raspi

DirkS

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:10 am

robsoft wrote:Hi, don't know if you're still having trouble with this but I've got mine working on the latest Raspbian with almost no extra effort at all. It definitely didn't used to work, back in 2012 when I had a model B but I just got a Pi2 and downloaded the latest Raspbian, plugged the Acer USB in almost on a whim and was surprised to see it recognised during the boot sequence.
You were lucky. Support for several (USB and other) touch panels was added to the Raspbian distro very recently :)

talon8

Fri May 08, 2015 4:46 am

robsoft wrote:Hi, don't know if you're still having trouble with this but I've got mine working on the latest Raspbian with almost no extra effort at all. It definitely didn't used to work, back in 2012 when I had a model B but I just got a Pi2 and downloaded the latest Raspbian, plugged the Acer USB in almost on a whim and was surprised to see it recognised during the boot sequence.
Yes! Thanks! Life took over and never got around to looking at this since then. It was supposed to be a kitchen computer, and it's been sitting mostly unused since then. But just tried it and it works beautifully! I'll be glad to have it up and running finally.

Return to “Troubleshooting”