I, too, am waiting on some kind of reply. But, to be honest, given the response so far I don't hold out hope. It seems we're either waiting for some magical, mystical "community expert" to just arrive out of the blue and fix the problem, or for Broadcom to get around to looking into it "for free" (which they don't seem to have much interest in).
The kernel issue and this post had a couple of things thrown at it, and then that was it. Only the sound of tumbleweed moving in the distance and the hopes some hero would appear from nowhere and just flick the switch to make it work.
To be honest, my RPi has gathered more dust than use since the first day I seriously tried to sit down and convert my project over to it from a Mini-ITX board. The issues like this that hit in the first day stopped it dead and every time there's a new kernel, I boot it up and see if anything has changed for me, and then pack it away again. One day I'm sure it will work, in some fashion, but until then there's no point playing with it if I'm going to hit unresolved, sometimes undocumented, unmonitored and (most scarily) uncaught-in-testing issues of the sort of magnitude of "not booting", "SD cards not working" or "USB not working", and their solutions linger on empty forum posts and github issues for months.
I was hoping to get my school interested - they're on a programming push at the moment, they heard about it on the new and I had a preorder in before they'd heard of it, we were hoping to buy lots for the coming year and get staff trained on them. Instead, we've gone the software-in-the-ICT-suite route because there's nothing here in terms of hardware, testing, support, diagnosis, etc. to give us confidence. They've basically missed this September for us. Maybe next year. But, to be honest, by then there'll be no reason to change our teaching yet again just to use a gadget.