vannimb
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi MrEngman,
here the details as you requested just after the system boot:

interface file:
auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.0.202
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
wpa-ap-scan 1
wpa-scan-ssid 1
wpa-ssid "xxxxxx"
wpa-psk "xxxxxx"

wpa-supplicant file:
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1


ifconfig at reboot:
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:36:76:54:d7:7d
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:631 errors:0 dropped:1 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:44 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:131651 (128.5 KiB) TX bytes:4442 (4.3 KiB)

ifconfig after a network interface manual restart:
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:36:76:54:d7:7d
inet addr:192.168.0.202 Bcast:192.168.0.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:1140000 errors:0 dropped:239 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:9813 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:263990541 (251.7 MiB) TX bytes:684182 (668.1 KiB)

many thanks

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:07 pm

vannimb wrote:Hi MrEngman,
here the details as you requested just after the system boot:

interface file:
auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.0.202
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1
wpa-ap-scan 1
wpa-scan-ssid 1
wpa-ssid "xxxxxx"
wpa-psk "xxxxxx"


many thanks
Is that all that is in the file /etc/network/interfaces or just the wifi section?

You do not need both auto wlan0 and allow-hotplug wlan0. Just allow-hotplug wlan0 is sufficient. Also you do not need wpa-ap-scan 1 and wpa-scan-ssid 1 or are you trying to connect to a AP with hidden ssid?

I use the following format without problems on all my Pi's

Code: Select all

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
#wpa-scan-ssid 1							} <-- add these two lines for hidden ssid
#wpa-bssid your-AP-MAC-address		 } <-- MAC address of access point
wpa-ssid "network-name"
wpa-psk "network-password"
or for a static IP I use

Code: Select all

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

allow-hotplug wlan0              
face wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.xxx.yyy
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.xxx.yyy
wpa-ssid "network-name"
wpa-psk "network-password"
Also you could try adding the line

Code: Select all

wireless-power off
in the wifi section in case it is a power management issue.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

pickles
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:37 am

Hi everyone,

Linux noob here.
Sorry for bringing up a such old thread. I've bought this super cheap wifi dongle (148f:760b Ralink) and I tried to use it on my pi but the drivers didn't compile on the current raspbian version (3.18.11+ #776)

I spent the whole evening trying to combine the guides I found on the internet but the goddamn thing does not "make". I hope someone here has an already compiled updated driver or patch.

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:39 pm

pickles wrote:Hi everyone,

Linux noob here.
Sorry for bringing up a such old thread. I've bought this super cheap wifi dongle (148f:760b Ralink) and I tried to use it on my pi but the drivers didn't compile on the current raspbian version (3.18.11+ #776)

I spent the whole evening trying to combine the guides I found on the internet but the goddamn thing does not "make". I hope someone here has an already compiled updated driver or patch.
You should be able to get it working using the commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
./install.sh
MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

pickles
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:24 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:14 pm

MrEngman wrote:
pickles wrote:Hi everyone,

Linux noob here.
Sorry for bringing up a such old thread. I've bought this super cheap wifi dongle (148f:760b Ralink) and I tried to use it on my pi but the drivers didn't compile on the current raspbian version (3.18.11+ #776)

I spent the whole evening trying to combine the guides I found on the internet but the goddamn thing does not "make". I hope someone here has an already compiled updated driver or patch.
You should be able to get it working using the commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
./install.sh
MrEngman
It worked the first time. I don't believe my eyes.
Thank you MrEngman.

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:45 pm

pickles wrote:
MrEngman wrote:
pickles wrote:Hi everyone,

Linux noob here.
Sorry for bringing up a such old thread. I've bought this super cheap wifi dongle (148f:760b Ralink) and I tried to use it on my pi but the drivers didn't compile on the current raspbian version (3.18.11+ #776)

I spent the whole evening trying to combine the guides I found on the internet but the goddamn thing does not "make". I hope someone here has an already compiled updated driver or patch.
You should be able to get it working using the commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-3.18.11-776.tar.gz
./install.sh
MrEngman
It worked the first time. I don't believe my eyes.
Thank you MrEngman.
Surprise, surprise, it does happen. Anyway good to hear it's working and glad to be able to help.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

Mr.Rock
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:33 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 am

mvadu wrote:Okay, this is for people who would like to compile this driver on their own! I was facing some issues in compiling a cleaned up version of the firmware maintained at https://github.com/porjo/mt7601, and finally found the working set of instructions with help of few nice folks.
Note that updating gcc involves its own set of steps, as described in this guide

Code: Select all

1. mkdir src
2. cd src
3. git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware
4. git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux
5. cat firmware/extra/uname_string 
      Linux version 3.18.10+ (dc4@dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140303 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1+bzr2650 - Linaro GCC 2014.03) ) #775 PREEMPT Thu Apr 2 18:10:12 BST 2015 in my case
6. sudo nano linux/Makefile 
7. Update EXTRAVERSION =  last thee digits of uname -r (use uname -r | cut -c9-12 to get it)
9. Update gcc 
8. sudo mkdir /boot/backup
9. sudo cp /boot/* /boot/backup/
10. sudo cp -r firmware/modules /lib
11. sudo cp -r src/firmware/boot /
12. sudo cp firmware/extra/Module7.symvers linux/Module.symvers
13. sync
14. sudo reboot
15. cd src/
16. sudo ln -s /home/pi/src/linux /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build
17. cd linux 
18. sudo gunzip -c /proc/config.gz > .config
19. sudo make oldconfig
20. sudo make modules_prepare
21. mkdir ~/git
22. cd ~/git
23. git clone https://github.com/porjo/mt7601
24. cd src
25. sudo make
26. sudo insmod /home/pi/git/mt7601/src/os/linux/mt7601Usta.ko 
27. lsmod | grep 7601
Hello, I'm new to linux and to the forum.
I am assuming in step 24 is cd ~/src.
Step 25 is not working for me, it says
pi@raspberry ~/git/mt7601 $ sudo make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
Can anyone help me, please?

Edit: I got it! Step 24 is cd mt7601/src
BTW, step 11 there is a "~/" missing, before the src

Muellmann2002
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:17 pm

Hi,

I have built the porjo mt7601 driver for RasPi 2 kernel version 4.0.5-v7+ successfully following some steps that I have read in several posts in this forum and somewhere else. Here they are:

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/src/mt7601/src $ uname -rsv
Linux 4.0.5-v7+ #797 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 20 02:03:05 BST 2015
In order to do so, I have taken the following steps following http://va3paw.com/2014/03/16/hsmm-mesh- ... /#more-629:

Code: Select all

##save current .config from /proc/config.gz
zcat /proc/config.gz > ~/old.config

##update system
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo rpi-update
sudo reboot 
Install gcc 4.8 https://somewideopenspace.wordpress.com ... pi-wheezy/

Code: Select all

##install gcc 4.8
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
##Change content to

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy main contrib non-free rpi
# Source repository to add
deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian wheezy main contrib non-free rpi

deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie main contrib non-free rpi
deb http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian jessie main contrib non-free rpi
# Source repository to add
deb-src http://archive.raspbian.org/raspbian jessie main contrib non-free rpi
##Add preferences file

sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences
##and insert

Package: *
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 900
Package: *
Pin: release n=jessie
Pin-Priority: 300
Package: *
Pin: release o=Raspbian
Pin-Priority: -10

Code: Select all

##update package list

sudo apt-get update
##Install gcc/g++ 4.8 from jessie repositories

sudo apt-get install -t jessie gcc-4.8 g++-4.8
##To remove gcc/g++ alternative configuration (if there is any, there is none by default)

sudo update-alternatives --remove-all gcc 
sudo update-alternatives --remove-all g++
##Install alternatives

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.6 20
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 50
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.6 20
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.8 50
##Now 4.8 is your default compiler. You can verify it by

sudo gcc --version
## make a src directory
mkdir ~/src
cd ~/src
## download linux kernel code
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux.git
sudo ln -s ~/src/linux /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
cd linux

## test kernel sources
make mrproper
cp ~/old.config .config
cp .config .config.org
sed -i 's/^CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE.*/CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=""/' .config
make modules_prepare

## download module symbols to avoid recompiling kernel from sources; note that Module7.symvers is renamed to Module.symvers
wget https://raw.github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/master/extra/Module7.symvers -O Module.symvers
##download the porjo driver and compile it
cd ~/src/
git clone https://github.com/porjo/mt7601.git
cd mt7601/src
make
sudo insmod os/linux/mt7601Usta.ko

zxcvb
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:11 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:13 am

Hi. has anybody made a driver for 4.0.7-v7+?
i tried following steps from this thread but all in vain :(
I don't know what to do anymore

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:31 am

zxcvb wrote:Hi. has anybody made a driver for 4.0.7-v7+?
i tried following steps from this thread but all in vain :(
I don't know what to do anymore
Yes, I have drivers available for all versions of Raspbian 3.18 and 4.0

You can download and install the driver for 4.0.7-v7+ using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
The ./install.sh command will install the driver and some other files it needs to work.


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

jarrah31
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:12 pm

MrEngman wrote:
zxcvb wrote:Hi. has anybody made a driver for 4.0.7-v7+?
i tried following steps from this thread but all in vain :(
I don't know what to do anymore
Yes, I have drivers available for all versions of Raspbian 3.18 and 4.0

You can download and install the driver for 4.0.7-v7+ using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
The ./install.sh command will install the driver and some other files it needs to work.


MrEngman
ok I'm stuck - any ideas why this isn't working please?

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1997:0409
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0d8c:0014 C-Media Electronics, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

Code: Select all

i@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -rsv
Linux 4.0.7+ #801 PREEMPT Tue Jun 30 18:15:24 BST 2015

Code: Select all

i@raspberrypi ~ $ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ./install.sh
sudo mkdir -p /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/
sudo cp RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/
sudo cp 95-ralink.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo install -p -m 644 mt7601Usta.ko /lib/modules/4.0.7-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
sudo depmod 4.0.7-v7+

Reboot to run the driver.

If you have already configured your wifi it should start up and connect to your
wireless network.

If you have not configured your wifi you will need to do that to enable the wifi.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface home inet static
address <IP Removed>
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway <IP Removed>

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
	ssid="mysid"
	psk="mypassword"
	proto=RSN
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	id_str="home"
	priority=15
	pairwise=CCMP
	auth_alg=OPEN
}
Thanks.

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 pm

jarrah31 wrote:
MrEngman wrote:
zxcvb wrote:Hi. has anybody made a driver for 4.0.7-v7+?
i tried following steps from this thread but all in vain :(
I don't know what to do anymore
Yes, I have drivers available for all versions of Raspbian 3.18 and 4.0

You can download and install the driver for 4.0.7-v7+ using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
The ./install.sh command will install the driver and some other files it needs to work.


MrEngman
ok I'm stuck - any ideas why this isn't working please?

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1997:0409
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0d8c:0014 C-Media Electronics, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

eth0      no wireless extensions.

Code: Select all

i@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -rsv
Linux 4.0.7+ #801 PREEMPT Tue Jun 30 18:15:24 BST 2015

Code: Select all

i@raspberrypi ~ $ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ./install.sh
sudo mkdir -p /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/
sudo cp RT2870STA.dat /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/
sudo cp 95-ralink.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo install -p -m 644 mt7601Usta.ko /lib/modules/4.0.7-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless
sudo depmod 4.0.7-v7+

Reboot to run the driver.

If you have already configured your wifi it should start up and connect to your
wireless network.

If you have not configured your wifi you will need to do that to enable the wifi.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface home inet static
address <IP Removed>
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway <IP Removed>

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo cat /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
	ssid="mysid"
	psk="mypassword"
	proto=RSN
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	id_str="home"
	priority=15
	pairwise=CCMP
	auth_alg=OPEN
}
Thanks.
The output from command uname -rsv on your Pi shows the kernel version as 4.0.7+.

The driver you have downloaded and installed if for the Pi 2B using kernel 4.0.7-v7+. Note the "-v7" in the download filename.

Use commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
to download and install the correct driver. NOTE: No "-v7" in the filename!


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

jarrah31
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 pm

MrEngman wrote: The output from command uname -rsv on your Pi shows the kernel version as 4.0.7+.

The driver you have downloaded and installed if for the Pi 2B using kernel 4.0.7-v7+. Note the "-v7" in the download filename.

Use commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
to download and install the correct driver. NOTE: No "-v7" in the filename!


MrEngman
oh yes, I see now. :) I saw 4.0.7 and 801 as matching so thought it ok, but clearly the numbers do matter! Thanks for your help.

uzzer
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:18 pm

How can I compile necessary packages for specific adafruit kernel adafruit/adafruit-raspberrypi-linux?

It is the only way to get PiTFT 3.5 working on raspberry and I want to have wifi enabled as well.

SinewaveMan
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:17 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:34 am

alfonder wrote:
radiono wrote:I got my mt7601 dongle working on my raspbmc after installing the kernel modules for 3.12.21
Thanks for the information.
I wonder, what's the use of getting the old kernel and the old module? Now we have working module for the current kernel.
What was the "current kernel" version at time of writing this?

Arpit
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ git clone https://github.com/porjo/mt7601.git
Cloning into 'mt7601'...
remote: Counting objects: 446, done.
remote: Total 446 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 446
Receiving objects: 100% (446/446), 1.58 MiB | 214 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (173/173), done.
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd mt7601/src
pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ sudo make
make -C tools
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools'
gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools'
/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools/bin2h
cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /home/pi/mt7601/src/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/3.18.14-v7+/build SUBDIRS=/home/pi/mt7601/src/os/linux modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/3.18.14-v7+/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
Makefile:394: recipe for target 'LINUX' failed
make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
I tried compiling,but I get this error.Can someone help me with this?
i've also tried downloading the dropbox file,but the file doesn't seem to exist.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ uname -r
3.18.14-v7+
pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/794.tar.gz
--2015-07-19 20:41:15--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/794.tar.gz
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 54.225.149.216, 54.243.159.171, 50.19.252.141, ...
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|54.225.149.216|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2015-07-19 20:41:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.


MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Arpit wrote:

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ git clone https://github.com/porjo/mt7601.git
Cloning into 'mt7601'...
remote: Counting objects: 446, done.
remote: Total 446 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 446
Receiving objects: 100% (446/446), 1.58 MiB | 214 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (173/173), done.
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ cd mt7601/src
pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ sudo make
make -C tools
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools'
gcc -g bin2h.c -o bin2h
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools'
/home/pi/mt7601/src/tools/bin2h
cp -f os/linux/Makefile.6 /home/pi/mt7601/src/os/linux/Makefile
make -C /lib/modules/3.18.14-v7+/build SUBDIRS=/home/pi/mt7601/src/os/linux modules
make[1]: *** /lib/modules/3.18.14-v7+/build: No such file or directory.  Stop.
Makefile:394: recipe for target 'LINUX' failed
make: *** [LINUX] Error 2
I tried compiling,but I get this error.Can someone help me with this?
You need to create a symlink to your kernel source like

Code: Select all

sudo ln -s /home/pi/src/linux /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build
Just set /home/pi/src/linux to the directory where your kernel source is located
i've also tried downloading the dropbox file,but the file doesn't seem to exist.

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ uname -r
3.18.14-v7+
pi@raspberrypi ~/mt7601/src $ wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/794.tar.gz
--2015-07-19 20:41:15--  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/794.tar.gz
Resolving dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)... 54.225.149.216, 54.243.159.171, 50.19.252.141, ...
Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com (dl.dropboxusercontent.com)|54.225.149.216|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2015-07-19 20:41:20 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Use the right download link. Try this

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-3.18.14-v7-794.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-3.18.14-v7-794.tar.gz
./install.sh

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

bukino
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:12 pm

MrEngman wrote: You can download and install the driver for 4.0.7-v7+ using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.7-v7-801.tar.gz
./install.sh
The ./install.sh command will install the driver and some other files it needs to work.


MrEngman
MrEngman... You made my day again... and again...
Thanks for previous modules and today for https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 803.tar.gz
Bo)

Bukino

jorgeghospital
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 am

I have my RPI and wifi module wirking thaks to MrEngman, but the problem is that I cannot set it to AP mode. I've being searching and it's said that this dongle can't do that, but there is also another driver that allows that. How can I achive it?

guy88
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:00 pm

is there a pakage for my kernel ?
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.0.8-v7+ #805 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 18:46:20 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

MrEngman
Posts: 4030
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:06 pm

guy88 wrote:is there a pakage for my kernel ?
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.0.8-v7+ #805 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jul 16 18:46:20 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
Yes,use these commands to download and install the driver and other required files

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.8-v7-805.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7601-4.0.8-v7-805.tar.gz
./install.sh
MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

guy88
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 am

thanks again but on a different rasp i have a anthother kernel !

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ uname -a
Linux raspberrypi 4.0.9+ #807 PREEMPT Fri Jul 24 15:14:04 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Lnux
is there a list of all the pakage anywhere ? Do you have the correct link for my kernel ?


Thanks

Guy

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 39091
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:50 am

Stop running rpi-update, it's not a good idea unless you want to be on the leading edge kernel / firmware and know how to reverse the damage that rpi-update can do when you get something that doesn't work.

To get Mr Engman's driver for 4.0.9+ #807 use

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7601-4.0.9-807.tar.gz
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All non-medical doctors are on my foes list.


vannimb
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: Dynamode USB Wifi Dongle issues

Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi all,
any driver for version 4.1.4-v7+ #808 SMP ?
Many thanks

Return to “Troubleshooting”