demontraitor

Re: NOOBS RaspBMC and a kernel panic

Sun May 29, 2016 9:26 am

Hi. I am running NOOBS 1.4 and have a kernel panic...

I am able to get into the "recovery" screen using SHIFT, butg not entirely sure what to do next? Raspbian is highlighted, and says it's installed and I have the option to INSTALL again, do I just go for this option?

I have weather data on the Pi as I use it as a weather station, that I really don't want to lose!

Info...

my cmdline.txt file points to mmcblk0p7

the error is: EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p7): ext4_ext_check_inode:495: inode #8: comm swapper: pblk 0 bad header/extent: invalid extent entries - magic f30a, entries 2, max 4(4), depth 64(64)

EXTR4-fs (mmcblk0p7): no journal found

~~~~

No filesystem could mount root, tried: ext4

I have tried changing the cmdline.txt as suggested previously, to no avail. Excuse any typos in the error message as I had to type in in directly :P

I have no Linux computer, only Windows 10. I really cannot lose my data :(

Hope someone can point me in right direction...

Thank you. Demon

muczos

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:47 pm

hi,
i have the same problem as people has upper :( now is 2016, a there is no answer for this question ? :(
i've tried with change 2 for 6 in txt, but it's not working :(

RenewableFuture

Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 pm

this was very helpful but seems even after 3 years or so that theres is still an error existing.
I have the RPi 3 and am a total noob mid 30s and just hoping im not to old to try and learn how to use all this software let alone trying to learn the basic code.

so thanks alot for your help and advice even if i was unsuccesful in utilising it at this time.

i found using a pc and editing the config or command scripts easier and alot more succesful.
i bought a kuman 5inch touch resistive lcd and i found that by editing the scripts (as i call them) that it worked so much better and i was able to edit all scripts as you would sameas you would be able to on all the OS's you chose to install.

That process i kind of stumbled across as i was clueless how to do the clone git in terminal that i later used to install drivers so i could get a better calibration and response input via touch of which crashed my system giving me the same issue we all here have experienced using the noobs and installing via terminal.
kernal panic 179.2 crash and burn.
its like the 4th or 5 time at least now that i have tried to resolve this still finding the edit via windows a safe bet despite the poor calibration it seemed to be set to.

so now i am installing via Berryboot which seems so much more effective consodering that the options to install os hgas the ability to save to HDD (usb) or even via network aswell as SD it like im spoilt for choice and that this mistake was probabl;y the best thing that had happened helping me to find something so much better and i hope that if anyone stumbles upon this error that this helps them as did you all help me even if its 1000 years later.

lol thanks again and good luck out there.

MazettCraft

Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:14 am

RenewableFuture wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:43 pm
this was very helpful but seems even after 3 years or so that theres is still an error existing.
I have the RPi 3 and am a total noob mid 30s and just hoping im not to old to try and learn how to use all this software let alone trying to learn the basic code.

so thanks alot for your help and advice even if i was unsuccesful in utilising it at this time.

i found using a pc and editing the config or command scripts easier and alot more succesful.
i bought a kuman 5inch touch resistive lcd and i found that by editing the scripts (as i call them) that it worked so much better and i was able to edit all scripts as you would sameas you would be able to on all the OS's you chose to install.

That process i kind of stumbled across as i was clueless how to do the clone git in terminal that i later used to install drivers so i could get a better calibration and response input via touch of which crashed my system giving me the same issue we all here have experienced using the noobs and installing via terminal.
kernal panic 179.2 crash and burn.
its like the 4th or 5 time at least now that i have tried to resolve this still finding the edit via windows a safe bet despite the poor calibration it seemed to be set to.

so now i am installing via Berryboot which seems so much more effective consodering that the options to install os hgas the ability to save to HDD (usb) or even via network aswell as SD it like im spoilt for choice and that this mistake was probabl;y the best thing that had happened helping me to find something so much better and i hope that if anyone stumbles upon this error that this helps them as did you all help me even if its 1000 years later.

lol thanks again and good luck out there.
Thank you very much for the idea,guys if you wanna fix this error is just use the alternative NOOBS,the BerryBoot,it will work.

Return to “Troubleshooting”