x92127

Re: WiFi Issues ? Start here !

Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:36 pm

How can I "flush" or "forget" a wifi network on the Raspberry?

I recently changed from ATT U-verse to Comcast/Xfinity. Naturally, my wifi gateway was replaced. No worries, I thought. I'l just set up my home wifi network to have exactly the same wifi name and password as I did previously, that way everything will just automatically connect again. Well, THAT didn't quite work out like I had planned!

Apparently, the Xfinity wifi gateway has a different IP address than the U-verse gateway. I'm not a wifi guru so pardon the ignorance about how it all works. To get everything working, I had to reset all of my other computers, tablets, gaming consoles by deleting all of the previous wifi settings and creating a "new" one even though the name and password were the same as it was previously. Frustrating? Yes.

Where on the raspberry can I flush, forget, purge, delete all of the info related to the "old" wifi so that I can connect again with the "new" wifi network?

f-pi-00

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:10 pm

MrEngman wrote:
f-pi-00 wrote:
Sorry but I forgot to ask you to post the output of command uname -a as well. Can you do that please?

MrEngman
That's ok. The uname -a output is: Linux raspberrypi 4.1.13 - v7 + #826 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:19:03 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

thanks
You should be able to download and install the driver using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/mt7610-4.1.13-v7-826.tar.gz
tar xzf mt7610-4.1.13-v7-826.tar.gz
./install.sh
There is, for some reason I haven't figured out why, an issue that the driver will not work at 5GHz on kernel 4.1.xx, but it runs alright at 2.4GHz.

EDIT: If you get an error downloading wait a while as there are a number of files uploading to Dropbox and it may take some time.

MrEngman
Hi thanks for your response, I succesfully installed the driver but I keep receiving the no wireless interfaces found when trying to configure the wifi network. any ideas? thanks.

MrEngman

Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:00 pm

XXJUICE_83XX wrote:I have bought a D Link N300 Version E1 nano adaptor. Im not sure how to download the driver. I have downloaded Zip file on usb, also tried downloading through terminal. no luck. It recognizes it is there but the light s not on and every time I try to unzip through terminal it comes up with an error.

what do I do next. can someone take me through it step by step it would be much appreciated. :oops:
Can you post the output from commands

uname -a
lsusb
This will help show what driver you need and for which kernel version you are using.

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

MrEngman

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:17 pm

x92127 wrote:How can I "flush" or "forget" a wifi network on the Raspberry?

I recently changed from ATT U-verse to Comcast/Xfinity. Naturally, my wifi gateway was replaced. No worries, I thought. I'l just set up my home wifi network to have exactly the same wifi name and password as I did previously, that way everything will just automatically connect again. Well, THAT didn't quite work out like I had planned!

Apparently, the Xfinity wifi gateway has a different IP address than the U-verse gateway. I'm not a wifi guru so pardon the ignorance about how it all works. To get everything working, I had to reset all of my other computers, tablets, gaming consoles by deleting all of the previous wifi settings and creating a "new" one even though the name and password were the same as it was previously. Frustrating? Yes.

Where on the raspberry can I flush, forget, purge, delete all of the info related to the "old" wifi so that I can connect again with the "new" wifi network?
Check directories /var/lib/dhcp and /var/lib/dhcpcd5 and delete any files *.leases or *.lease. Then reboot. That may help. Solved similar problems for me in the past.

MrEngman

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

MrEngman

Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:27 pm

f-pi-00 wrote:Hi thanks for your response, I succesfully installed the driver but I keep receiving the no wireless interfaces found when trying to configure the wifi network. any ideas? thanks.
What do commands ifconfig and iwconfig show? Does command lsmod show the mt7610u_sta driver loaded? Something like

Module                  Size  Used by
cfg80211              399468  0
rfkill                 16799  2 cfg80211
mt7610u_sta           843076  1

MrEngman

f-pi-00

Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:11 am

MrEngman wrote:
f-pi-00 wrote:Hi thanks for your response, I succesfully installed the driver but I keep receiving the no wireless interfaces found when trying to configure the wifi network. any ideas? thanks.
What do commands ifconfig and iwconfig show? Does command lsmod show the mt7610u_sta driver loaded? Something like

MrEngman
Hi, the ifconfig only shows the eth0 and lo interfaces. The iwconfig shows eth0 and lo interfaces with "no wireless extensions". The lsmod isn't showing the mt7610u_sta. I see now that the installation didn't work. I really don't know what I did wrong. My steps where:

1- Copied https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 826.tar.gz to my safari browser and downloaded the file.
2 - Copied the tar to a pen drive and put it in the Pi's Downloads folder.
3 - Opened a terminal and moved to the Downloads folder and run the following commands:
./install.sh

I had to use the pen drive because I can't put the pi online since the router is far away of the hdmi screen.

Note that as it didn't work i also tried editing the /etc/network/interfaces file.

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inte dhcp
wpa-ssid "network_name"
wpa-psk "password"
Thanks again!

MrEngman

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:01 am

f-pi-00 wrote:
MrEngman wrote:

MrEngman
Hi, the ifconfig only shows the eth0 and lo interfaces. The iwconfig shows eth0 and lo interfaces with "no wireless extensions". The lsmod isn't showing the mt7610u_sta. I see now that the installation didn't work. I really don't know what I did wrong. My steps where:

1- Copied https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 826.tar.gz to my safari browser and downloaded the file.
2 - Copied the tar to a pen drive and put it in the Pi's Downloads folder.
3 - Opened a terminal and moved to the Downloads folder and run the following commands:
./install.sh

I had to use the pen drive because I can't put the pi online since the router is far away of the hdmi screen.

Note that as it didn't work i also tried editing the /etc/network/interfaces file.

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inte dhcp
wpa-ssid "network_name"
wpa-psk "password"
Thanks again!
Odd. Looks like the wifi is not being recognised by the driver. Did you reboot after loading the driver. If not reboot and check command lsmod again to see if the driver is loaded.

If the lsmod command still does not show the driver, mt7610u_sta, try command

modinfo /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mt7610u_sta.ko
and see if there is a line

alias:          usb:v2357p0105d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
in the output. If not it is possible the driver you downloaded was an old version that did not include your wifi usb ID. You will need to download the file again and install the driver again. I have checked the driver in Dropbox and it does contain your wifi USB ID so I would expect it to work.

MrEngman

MRossi

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:12 am

MRossi wrote:Hello,
Just received my Raspberry Pi 2 and installed Raspbian (Nov 2015) version.
I also got a Wi-Fi dongle - Wi-Pi by Element I4.

The Raspberry can see my Wi-Fi home network. However, when I type its password (pre-shared password?) it does not recognize it and a pop-up window says it can be too short. (???)

I also noticed that wlan0 says "Not associated". If I go to the network settings and pick SSID and select my Wi-Fi home network, even if I select the "auto fill blanks" option and click "apply" nothing shows-up.

Somehow the dongle can detect the networks (even the neighbors' networks) but it seems something is still missing in the configuration.

When I type the "lsusb" command in the terminal my Raspbian shows the device as:
Bus 001 Device 004:ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp TR5370 Wireless Adapter

I am new to Linux and did not understand some of the troubleshooting instructions in this thread.

Any other advices?

Thanks in advance.
Following-up on this question.Still could not get my Wi-Fi working. The wired Ethernet works.

I reinstalled the whole OS this time connected to the wired Ethernet port and got the same results as before. Also went root and edited the suplicant file adding my Wi-Fi network info (SSID and password) manually, following the directions in this thread. However, it still does not connect.

If I click on the network icon in the panel is shows my Wi-Fi network name. Hovering over it says: wlan0: not associated. Clicking on the network name and typing the password (pre-shared key?) still gives the same error message as before.

I can see my network, however, for some reason it refuses to connect. The command sudo wpa_cli status shows "scanning" in the wpa_state.

Below a capture of what each command brings. Please help.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1997:2433
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsmod
Module --- Size --- Used by
arc4 --- 1753 --- 2
rt2800usb --- 17716 --- 0
rt2800lib --- 71860 --- 1 rt2800usb
rt2x00usb --- 8545 --- 1 rt2800usb
rt2x00lib --- 36817 --- 3 rt2x00usb,rt2800lib,rt2800usb
mac80211 --- 541952 --- 3 rt2x00lib,rt2x00usb,rt2800lib
cfg80211 --- 419759 --- 2 mac80211,rt2x00lib
crc_ccitt --- 1161 --- 1 rt2800lib
rfkill --- 16659 --- 2 cfg80211
bcm2835_gpiomem --- 3023 --- 0
joydev --- 9047 --- 0
evdev --- 10226 --- 4
snd_bcm2835 --- 19739 --- 4
snd_pcm --- 74833 --- 1 snd_bcm2835
snd_timer --- 18164 --- 1 snd_pcm
snd --- 52116 --- 11 snd_bcm2835,snd_timer,snd_pcm
uio_pdrv_genirq --- 2966 --- 0
uio --- 8228 --- 1 uio_pdrv_genirq
i2c_dev --- 6040 --- 0
fuse --- 81721 --- 3
ipv6 --- 341380 --- 30

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ifconfig -a
eth0
Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr b8:27:eb:e8:da:0c
inet addr:192.168.1.26 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::722:e4eb:52f:3992/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:329 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:165 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:24571 (23.9 KiB) TX bytes:20114 (19.6 KiB)

lo
Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:65536 Metric:1
RX packets:262 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:262 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:21564 (21.0 KiB) TX bytes:21564 (21.0 KiB)

wlan0
Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 40:a5:ef:05:a4:08
inet6 addr: fe80::3abd:d4b1:d4a7:fbca/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo wpa_cli status
Selected interface 'wlan0'
wpa_state=SCANNING
address=40:a5:ef:05:a4:08
uuid=df01571d-e3ab-5fbe-8a90-0ca602da7f86

f-pi-00

Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:45 am

[/quote]
Odd. Looks like the wifi is not being recognised by the driver. Did you reboot after loading the driver. If not reboot and check command lsmod again to see if the driver is loaded.

If the lsmod command still does not show the driver, mt7610u_sta, try command

modinfo /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mt7610u_sta.ko
and see if there is a line

in the output. If not it is possible the driver you downloaded was an old version that did not include your wifi usb ID. You will need to download the file again and install the driver again. I have checked the driver in Dropbox and it does contain your wifi USB ID so I would expect it to work.

MrEngman[/quote]

You were right the version was not correct! I re-installed the driver. Now the driver appears on lsmod and ifconfig shows wlan0. Unfortunately the wifi connection doesn't work. The problem I'm experiencing now is that i cant find my local network.. I left the etc/network/interfaces file as default and i get a message no APs found (with the previous changes it didn't work either but showed no interfaces found).
the sudo iwlist wlan0 scan shows no scan results. I even tried sudo iwlist wlan0 scan eesid *network_name* with the same output.

Thanks a lot!

MRossi

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:59 am

SillyCritter wrote:Anyone having troble with WEP?
if you do try adding this to /etc/networ/interfaces(sudo nano /ect/network/interfaces):

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wireless-essid ssid here
wireless-key Passcode Here
remove 'auto wlan0' if you dont want it to try to connect to your network on startup!
I hope this helps! :D
That finally did the trick for me! Thanks much!!! :P

A couple questions.
1) what setting should I use to login to other Wi-Fi networks? Manually editing that file is not practical.
2) assuming that I want to login to multiple Wi-Fi networks, what would be the file's syntax? Just write all SSIDs and Keys?

rpdom

Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:13 am

The normal method on the Pi is to define the wifi settings using wpa_supplicant, not in the interfaces file.

In /etc/network/interfaces

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf    /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
In /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
network={
	ssid="YourFirstWiFiSSID"
	psk="YourFirstWiFiPassword"
}

network={
	ssid="YourSecondWiFiSSID"
	psk="YourSecondWiFiPassword"
}

MRossi

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:30 am

rpdom wrote:The normal method on the Pi is to define the wifi settings using wpa_supplicant, not in the interfaces file.

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

update_config=1
network={
	ssid="YourFirstWiFiSSID"
}

network={
}
I tried making the changes on the suplicant file but it did not work in my case. The Pi would see my home Wi-Fi network but there was no way it would connect to it. If I tried to connect via the small icon in the lower right where it asks for the password it would always say my password was not correct.

The method of changing the parameters in the interface file worked perfectly the first time. (Yes, I still use WEP here at home, but live in a sparsely populated area so hacking is not an issue - even though I plan to buy a new router sometime in the future. :mrgreen: )

So, is this is a bug in the new OS version or am I missing something? It seems many people are having issues connecting to a Wi-Fi network.

MrEngman

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:59 am

MRossi wrote:
rpdom wrote:The normal method on the Pi is to define the wifi settings using wpa_supplicant, not in the interfaces file.

iface wlan0 inet dhcp

update_config=1
network={
	ssid="YourFirstWiFiSSID"
}

network={
}
I tried making the changes on the suplicant file but it did not work in my case. The Pi would see my home Wi-Fi network but there was no way it would connect to it. If I tried to connect via the small icon in the lower right where it asks for the password it would always say my password was not correct.

The method of changing the parameters in the interface file worked perfectly the first time. (Yes, I still use WEP here at home, but live in a sparsely populated area so hacking is not an issue - even though I plan to buy a new router sometime in the future. :mrgreen: )

So, is this is a bug in the new OS version or am I missing something? It seems many people are having issues connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
If I set my AP to use WEP I can connect to the network using the following set up for /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

update_config=1

network={
       ssid="Network-Name"
       key_mgmt=NONE
       auth_alg=OPEN
       wep_key0=WEP-Hex-Key0
}
WEP-Hex-Key0 is the WEP hex key which will be either 10 or 26 hex digits depending on the version of WEP being used, 64bit or 128bit encription. The hex key does not have quotation marks ("...") around it.

I think you may be able to use the password used to generate the hex keys by changing the last line to

wep_key0="Network-Password"
but I have not tried that and currently I do not have access to a WEP network to try it on.

MrEngman

f-pi-00

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi I've been trying all morning to get a successful internet connection with no luck.
My actual setup is:
sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

auto wlan0

iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet static
address 192.168.1.155
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp
sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

update_config=1

network={
ssid="NETWORK_NAME"
psk="NETWORK_PASSWORD"
proto=RSN
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
pairwise=CCMP
auth_alg=OPEN
}

network={
ssid="SECOND_NETWORK_NAME"
psk="SECOND_NETWORK_PASSWORD"
}
ifconfig

shows the eth0, lo and walnut interfaces.
inet addr, Bcast and mask values as they where set.
RX packets:10errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:2090 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
collisions:0 txquequelen:1000
sudo iwlist wlan0 scan

wlan0 No scan results
sudo lsmod

m7610u_sta    843020 1
In addition, the two computers icon on the top of the desktop says No APs found - scanning.
I tried the sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

update_config=1

network={
ssid="NETWORK_NAME"
psk="NETWORK_PASSWORD"
}

network={
ssid="SECOND_NETWORK_NAME"
psk="SECOND_NETWORK_PASSWORD"
}
It didn't work either.
After every change I reboot the Pi.

If someone could give me some steps to debug or tell me what I could be doing wrong It would be very much appreciated.
Thank you very much.

Bazingounette

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I'v buy a D-Link D300 Wifi adapter and I figure out some problem to set it up with wicd.

I'v tried to install the driver :
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 826.tar.gz

But not sure if they are correct for this device.

I'v reboot after intall.

Ifconfig :

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr b8:27:eb:05:2d:51
          inet adr:192.168.1.70  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Masque:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:647 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:530 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 lg file transmission:1000
          RX bytes:79972 (78.0 KiB)  TX bytes:74341 (72.5 KiB)

tun0      Link encap:UNSPEC  HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
          inet adr:10.8.0.54  P-t-P:10.8.0.53  Masque:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:195 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:227 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 lg file transmission:100
          RX bytes:33365 (32.5 KiB)  TX bytes:22889 (22.3 KiB)
cat etc/network/interfaces :

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

auto wlan0
allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manuel
wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp
lsusb :

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.
lsmod :

tun                    20267  2
snd_bcm2835            22317  0
snd_pcm                92581  1 snd_bcm2835
snd_seq                61957  0
snd_seq_device          5130  1 snd_seq
snd_timer              23454  2 snd_pcm,snd_seq
snd                    68161  5 snd_bcm2835,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_seq,snd_seq_device
evdev                  11364  4
joydev                  9913  0
bcm2835_gpiomem         3703  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3690  0
uio                    10002  1 uio_pdrv_genirq
modinfo /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mt7610u_sta.ko :

filename:       /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/mt7610u_sta.ko
version:        3.0.0.2
description:    RT2870 Wireless Lan Linux Driver
author:         Paul Lin <paul_lin@ralinktech.com>
license:        GPL
srcversion:     27B387AACC98D1C42FBA76D
alias:          usb:v0E8Dp7650d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc02ipFFin*
alias:          usb:v0E8Dp7630d*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc02ipFFin*
alias:          usb:v13B1p003Ed*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v148Fp761Ad*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0E8Dp7610d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v148Fp7610d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
depends:
vermagic:       4.1.13-v7+ SMP preempt mod_unload modversions ARMv7
parm:           mac:rt28xx: wireless mac addr (charp)

wicd-curses doesn't show any WIFI network and I don't get a "wlan0" entry in my ifconfig result.

Any Idea ?

Thank's

MrEngman

Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Bazingounette wrote:Hi Guys,

I'v buy a D-Link D300 Wifi adapter and I figure out some problem to set it up with wicd.

I'v tried to install the driver :
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/802 ... 826.tar.gz

But not sure if they are correct for this device.

I'v reboot after intall.

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.
lsmod :

Any Idea ?

Thank's
Your wifi USB ID 2001:3319 uses the 8192eu driver.

Try this

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.13-v7-826.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.13-v7-826.tar.gz
./install.sh

MrEngman

Bazingounette

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Thank's for your reply.

I'v install the given driver, now I have :

modinfo /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192eu.ko

filename:       /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192eu.ko
version:        v4.2.2_7585.20130524
author:         Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
description:    Realtek Wireless Lan Driver
srcversion:     67AED03D606BA6FF1750C19
alias:          usb:v2001p3319d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp818Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp818Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
depends:
But still no wlan0 in ifconfig... :-(

MrEngman

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:38 pm

Bazingounette wrote:Thank's for your reply.

I'v install the given driver, now I have :

modinfo /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192eu.ko

filename:       /lib/modules/4.1.13-v7+/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/8192eu.ko
version:        v4.2.2_7585.20130524
author:         Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
description:    Realtek Wireless Lan Driver
srcversion:     67AED03D606BA6FF1750C19
alias:          usb:v2001p3319d*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp818Cd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
alias:          usb:v0BDAp818Bd*dc*dsc*dp*ic*isc*ip*in*
depends:
But still no wlan0 in ifconfig... :-(
Is this problem something to do with the tunnel interface you've set up, tun0?

Does command lsmod show the 8192eu driver loaded? This should at least show the wifi module is recognised if it is. Have you checked the output of dmesg to see if there are any errors to do with the 8192eu wifi?

Do you see the PWR led flash at all? This would indicate some form of power issue, either a poor psu or a bad cable connecting the psu to the Pi. A favourite problem with wifi.

MrEngman

Bazingounette

Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:54 pm

lsmod doesn't show 8192u driver.

dmesg
[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.1.13+ (dc4@dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140303 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1+bzr2650 - Linaro GCC 2014.03) ) #826 PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:13:22 GMT 2015
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [410fb767] revision 7 (ARMv7), cr=00c5387d
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] Machine model: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
[    0.000000] cma: Reserved 8 MiB at 0x17800000
[    0.000000] Memory policy: Data cache writeback
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 98304
[    0.000000] free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c088fe7c, node_mem_map d7493000
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 864 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 98304 pages, LIFO batch:31
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 97440
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: dma.dmachans=0x7f35 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1360 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=768 bcm2708.boardrev=0xe bcm2708.serial=0xdb052d51 smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:05:2D:51 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 sdhci-bcm2708.emmc_clock_freq=250000000 vc_mem.mem_base=0x1ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x20000000  dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.000000] Memory: 371528K/393216K available (6137K kernel code, 489K rwdata, 1788K rodata, 352K init, 720K bss, 13496K reserved, 8192K cma-reserved)
[    0.000000] Virtual kernel memory layout:
[    0.000000]     vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
[    0.000000]     fixmap  : 0xffc00000 - 0xfff00000   (3072 kB)
[    0.000000]     vmalloc : 0xd8800000 - 0xff000000   ( 616 MB)
[    0.000000]     lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xd8000000   ( 384 MB)
[    0.000000]     modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xc0000000   (  16 MB)
[    0.000000]       .text : 0xc0008000 - 0xc07c5630   (7926 kB)
[    0.000000]       .init : 0xc07c6000 - 0xc081e000   ( 352 kB)
[    0.000000]       .data : 0xc081e000 - 0xc08987e4   ( 490 kB)
[    0.000000]        .bss : 0xc08987e4 - 0xc094c980   ( 721 kB)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] Preemptible hierarchical RCU implementation.
[    0.000000]  Additional per-CPU info printed with stalls.
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:522
[    0.000000] clocksource stc: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 1911260446275 ns
[    0.000014] sched_clock: 32 bits at 1000kHz, resolution 1000ns, wraps every 2147483647500ns
[    0.000056] Switching to timer-based delay loop, resolution 1000ns
[    0.000341] Console: colour dummy device 80x30
[    0.001725] console [tty1] enabled
[    0.001789] Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 2.00 BogoMIPS (lpj=10000)
[    0.001891] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.002262] Mount-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.002346] Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.003444] Initializing cgroup subsys blkio
[    0.003543] Initializing cgroup subsys memory
[    0.003621] Initializing cgroup subsys devices
[    0.003689] Initializing cgroup subsys freezer
[    0.003754] Initializing cgroup subsys net_cls
[    0.003877] CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
[    0.004007] ftrace: allocating 19796 entries in 59 pages
[    0.111273] Setting up static identity map for 0x81c0 - 0x81f8
[    0.114109] devtmpfs: initialized
[    0.124517] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 1 part 20 variant b rev 5
[    0.124966] clocksource jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 19112604462750000 ns
[    0.126999] pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem
[    0.127911] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.133518] DMA: preallocated 4096 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations
[    0.135039] bcm2708.uart_clock = 3000000
[    0.140448] hw-breakpoint: found 6 breakpoint and 1 watchpoint registers.
[    0.140536] hw-breakpoint: maximum watchpoint size is 4 bytes.
[    0.140721] Serial: AMBA PL011 UART driver
[    0.141123] 20201000.uart: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x20201000 (irq = 83, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[    0.525111] console [ttyAMA0] enabled
[    0.529496] bcm2835-mbox 2000b880.mailbox: mailbox enabled
[    0.597709] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: DMA legacy API manager at f2007000, dmachans=0xf35
[    0.606591] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: Initialized 7 DMA channels (+ 1 legacy)
[    0.615107] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: Load BCM2835 DMA engine driver
[    0.622106] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: dma_debug:0
[    0.628292] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.632532] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.638185] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.643774] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.649834] raspberrypi-firmware soc:firmware: Attached to firmware from 2015-11-18 15:43
[    0.685653] Switched to clocksource stc
[    0.737047] FS-Cache: Loaded
[    0.740373] CacheFiles: Loaded
[    0.759652] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.765547] TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.773008] TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.779643] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
[    0.786182] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.792080] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.798824] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.803841] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
[    0.809959] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
[    0.814705] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
[    0.819487] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[    0.827308] hw perfevents: enabled with armv6_1176 PMU driver, 3 counters available
[    0.836659] futex hash table entries: 256 (order: -1, 3072 bytes)
[    0.859119] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.6.0
[    0.863516] VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.873203] FS-Cache: Netfs 'nfs' registered for caching
[    0.880302] NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
[    0.885493] Key type id_resolver registered
[    0.889860] Key type id_legacy registered
[    0.897908] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 252)
[    0.905952] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.909956] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.915527] io scheduler cfq registered
[    0.922032] BCM2708FB: allocated DMA memory 57c00000
[    0.927392] BCM2708FB: allocated DMA channel 0 @ f2007000
[    0.947561] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
[    0.964706] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 0 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
[    0.972026] KGDB: Registered I/O driver kgdboc
[    1.006758] vc-cma: Videocore CMA driver
[    1.010818] vc-cma: vc_cma_base      = 0x00000000
[    1.015621] vc-cma: vc_cma_size      = 0x00000000 (0 MiB)
[    1.021281] vc-cma: vc_cma_initial   = 0x00000000 (0 MiB)
[    1.027286] vc-mem: phys_addr:0x00000000 mem_base=0x1ec00000 mem_size:0x20000000(512 MiB)
[    1.056178] brd: module loaded
[    1.068999] loop: module loaded
[    1.073444] vchiq: vchiq_init_state: slot_zero = 0xd7c80000, is_master = 0
[    1.082811] Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
[    1.089567] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
[    1.095845] dwc_otg: version 3.00a 10-AUG-2012 (platform bus)
[    1.305958] Core Release: 2.80a
[    1.312895] Setting default values for core params
[    1.321547] Finished setting default values for core params
[    1.531114] Using Buffer DMA mode
[    1.538305] Periodic Transfer Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    1.547927] Multiprocessor Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    1.557262] OTG VER PARAM: 0, OTG VER FLAG: 0
[    1.565307] Dedicated Tx FIFOs mode
[    1.572935] WARN::dwc_otg_hcd_init:1047: FIQ DMA bounce buffers: virt = 0xd7c14000 dma = 0x57c14000 len=9024
[    1.586744] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
[    1.586744] Non-periodic Split Transactions
[    1.586744] Periodic Split Transactions
[    1.586744] High-Speed Isochronous Endpoints
[    1.618488] dwc_otg: Microframe scheduler enabled
[    1.618622] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:412: FIQ on core 0 at 0xc0424a48
[    1.628326] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:413: FIQ ASM at 0xc0424d20 length 36
[    1.638287] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:438: MPHI regs_base at 0xd8896000
[    1.648111] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: DWC OTG Controller
[    1.656895] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    1.668031] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: irq 32, io mem 0x00000000
[    1.677385] Init: Port Power? op_state=1
[    1.684928] Init: Power Port (0)
[    1.692236] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    1.702825] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.713760] usb usb1: Product: DWC OTG Controller
[    1.722150] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.1.13+ dwc_otg_hcd
[    1.731620] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 20980000.usb
[    1.741158] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.748893] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    1.757315] dwc_otg: FIQ enabled
[    1.757343] dwc_otg: NAK holdoff enabled
[    1.757356] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled
[    1.757423] Module dwc_common_port init
[    1.758012] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    1.768408] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[    1.779030] bcm2835-cpufreq: min=700000 max=900000
[    1.788125] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
[    1.798228] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
[    1.807044] mmc-bcm2835 20300000.mmc: mmc_debug:0 mmc_debug2:0
[    1.816803] mmc-bcm2835 20300000.mmc: DMA channels allocated
[    1.866140] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[    1.882121] ledtrig-cpu: registered to indicate activity on CPUs
[    1.892367] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
[    1.906241] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    1.916728] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    1.925968] Initializing XFRM netlink socket
[    1.935225] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    1.946101] Key type dns_resolver registered
[    1.955956] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
[    1.966663] registered taskstats version 1
[    1.974804] vc-sm: Videocore shared memory driver
[    1.995643] mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable
[    2.007549] [vc_sm_connected_init]: start
[    2.026701] [vc_sm_connected_init]: end - returning 0
[    2.035950] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
[    2.056265] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SU08G 7.40 GiB
[    2.077317]  mmcblk0: p1 p2
[    2.112240] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    2.124459] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) readonly on device 179:2.
[    2.136781] devtmpfs: mounted
[    2.144788] Freeing unused kernel memory: 352K (c07c6000 - c081e000)
[    2.215826] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc_otg
[    2.227506] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[    2.436364] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=9512
[    2.448916] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.463120] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[    2.472487] hub 1-1:1.0: 3 ports detected
[    2.755861] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[    2.866489] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=ec00
[    2.883878] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.901525] smsc95xx v1.0.4
[    2.974291] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: register 'smsc95xx' at usb-20980000.usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, b8:27:eb:05:2d:51
[    3.085844] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[    3.207173] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=2001, idProduct=3319
[    3.225983] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    3.239138] usb 1-1.2: Product: Wireless N Nano USB Adapter
[    3.251791] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
[    3.260997] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001
[    4.033133] udevd[159]: starting version 175
[    5.637558] gpiomem-bcm2835 20200000.gpiomem: Initialised: Registers at 0x20200000
[   10.625024] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   11.173183] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   12.181605] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
[   12.225315] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[   12.243841] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[   19.285218] FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[   23.299126] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: hardware isn't capable of remote wakeup
[   24.887444] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xC5E1
[   37.613370] Adding 102396k swap on /var/swap.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:102396k SSFS
[   64.734205] uart-pl011 20201000.uart: no DMA platform data
There isn't any power led visible on the USB.

I use a 5V & 2A power supply.

MrEngman

Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 am

Bazingounette wrote:lsmod doesn't show 8192u driver.
It will not show 8192cu. It has to show 8192eu.

dmesg
[    0.000000] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x0
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuset
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpu
[    0.000000] Initializing cgroup subsys cpuacct
[    0.000000] Linux version 4.1.13+ (dc4@dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.8.3 20140303 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG linaro-1.13.1+bzr2650 - Linaro GCC 2014.03) ) #826 PREEMPT Fri Nov 13 20:13:22 GMT 2015
[    0.000000] CPU: ARMv6-compatible processor [410fb767] revision 7 (ARMv7), cr=00c5387d
[    0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT nonaliasing instruction cache
[    0.000000] Machine model: Raspberry Pi Model B Rev 2
[    0.000000] cma: Reserved 8 MiB at 0x17800000
[    0.000000] Memory policy: Data cache writeback
[    0.000000] On node 0 totalpages: 98304
[    0.000000] free_area_init_node: node 0, pgdat c088fe7c, node_mem_map d7493000
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 864 pages used for memmap
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 0 pages reserved
[    0.000000]   Normal zone: 98304 pages, LIFO batch:31
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: s0 r0 d32768 u32768 alloc=1*32768
[    0.000000] pcpu-alloc: [0] 0
[    0.000000] Built 1 zonelists in Zone order, mobility grouping on.  Total pages: 97440
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: dma.dmachans=0x7f35 bcm2708_fb.fbwidth=1360 bcm2708_fb.fbheight=768 bcm2708.boardrev=0xe bcm2708.serial=0xdb052d51 smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:05:2D:51 bcm2708_fb.fbswap=1 sdhci-bcm2708.emmc_clock_freq=250000000 vc_mem.mem_base=0x1ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x20000000  dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline rootwait
[    0.000000] PID hash table entries: 2048 (order: 1, 8192 bytes)
[    0.000000] Dentry cache hash table entries: 65536 (order: 6, 262144 bytes)
[    0.000000] Inode-cache hash table entries: 32768 (order: 5, 131072 bytes)
[    0.000000] Memory: 371528K/393216K available (6137K kernel code, 489K rwdata, 1788K rodata, 352K init, 720K bss, 13496K reserved, 8192K cma-reserved)
[    0.000000] Virtual kernel memory layout:
[    0.000000]     vector  : 0xffff0000 - 0xffff1000   (   4 kB)
[    0.000000]     fixmap  : 0xffc00000 - 0xfff00000   (3072 kB)
[    0.000000]     vmalloc : 0xd8800000 - 0xff000000   ( 616 MB)
[    0.000000]     lowmem  : 0xc0000000 - 0xd8000000   ( 384 MB)
[    0.000000]     modules : 0xbf000000 - 0xc0000000   (  16 MB)
[    0.000000]       .text : 0xc0008000 - 0xc07c5630   (7926 kB)
[    0.000000]       .init : 0xc07c6000 - 0xc081e000   ( 352 kB)
[    0.000000]       .data : 0xc081e000 - 0xc08987e4   ( 490 kB)
[    0.000000]        .bss : 0xc08987e4 - 0xc094c980   ( 721 kB)
[    0.000000] SLUB: HWalign=32, Order=0-3, MinObjects=0, CPUs=1, Nodes=1
[    0.000000] Preemptible hierarchical RCU implementation.
[    0.000000]  Additional per-CPU info printed with stalls.
[    0.000000] NR_IRQS:522
[    0.000000] clocksource stc: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 1911260446275 ns
[    0.000014] sched_clock: 32 bits at 1000kHz, resolution 1000ns, wraps every 2147483647500ns
[    0.000056] Switching to timer-based delay loop, resolution 1000ns
[    0.000341] Console: colour dummy device 80x30
[    0.001725] console [tty1] enabled
[    0.001789] Calibrating delay loop (skipped), value calculated using timer frequency.. 2.00 BogoMIPS (lpj=10000)
[    0.001891] pid_max: default: 32768 minimum: 301
[    0.002262] Mount-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.002346] Mountpoint-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.003444] Initializing cgroup subsys blkio
[    0.003543] Initializing cgroup subsys memory
[    0.003621] Initializing cgroup subsys devices
[    0.003689] Initializing cgroup subsys freezer
[    0.003754] Initializing cgroup subsys net_cls
[    0.003877] CPU: Testing write buffer coherency: ok
[    0.004007] ftrace: allocating 19796 entries in 59 pages
[    0.111273] Setting up static identity map for 0x81c0 - 0x81f8
[    0.114109] devtmpfs: initialized
[    0.124517] VFP support v0.3: implementor 41 architecture 1 part 20 variant b rev 5
[    0.124966] clocksource jiffies: mask: 0xffffffff max_cycles: 0xffffffff, max_idle_ns: 19112604462750000 ns
[    0.126999] pinctrl core: initialized pinctrl subsystem
[    0.127911] NET: Registered protocol family 16
[    0.133518] DMA: preallocated 4096 KiB pool for atomic coherent allocations
[    0.135039] bcm2708.uart_clock = 3000000
[    0.140448] hw-breakpoint: found 6 breakpoint and 1 watchpoint registers.
[    0.140536] hw-breakpoint: maximum watchpoint size is 4 bytes.
[    0.140721] Serial: AMBA PL011 UART driver
[    0.141123] 20201000.uart: ttyAMA0 at MMIO 0x20201000 (irq = 83, base_baud = 0) is a PL011 rev2
[    0.525111] console [ttyAMA0] enabled
[    0.529496] bcm2835-mbox 2000b880.mailbox: mailbox enabled
[    0.597709] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: DMA legacy API manager at f2007000, dmachans=0xf35
[    0.606591] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: Initialized 7 DMA channels (+ 1 legacy)
[    0.615107] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: Load BCM2835 DMA engine driver
[    0.622106] bcm2708-dmaengine 20007000.dma: dma_debug:0
[    0.628292] SCSI subsystem initialized
[    0.632532] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
[    0.638185] usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
[    0.643774] usbcore: registered new device driver usb
[    0.649834] raspberrypi-firmware soc:firmware: Attached to firmware from 2015-11-18 15:43
[    0.685653] Switched to clocksource stc
[    0.737047] FS-Cache: Loaded
[    0.740373] CacheFiles: Loaded
[    0.759652] NET: Registered protocol family 2
[    0.765547] TCP established hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.773008] TCP bind hash table entries: 4096 (order: 2, 16384 bytes)
[    0.779643] TCP: Hash tables configured (established 4096 bind 4096)
[    0.786182] UDP hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.792080] UDP-Lite hash table entries: 256 (order: 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.798824] NET: Registered protocol family 1
[    0.803841] RPC: Registered named UNIX socket transport module.
[    0.809959] RPC: Registered udp transport module.
[    0.814705] RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
[    0.819487] RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
[    0.827308] hw perfevents: enabled with armv6_1176 PMU driver, 3 counters available
[    0.836659] futex hash table entries: 256 (order: -1, 3072 bytes)
[    0.859119] VFS: Disk quotas dquot_6.6.0
[    0.863516] VFS: Dquot-cache hash table entries: 1024 (order 0, 4096 bytes)
[    0.873203] FS-Cache: Netfs 'nfs' registered for caching
[    0.880302] NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
[    0.885493] Key type id_resolver registered
[    0.889860] Key type id_legacy registered
[    0.897908] Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 252)
[    0.905952] io scheduler noop registered
[    0.909956] io scheduler deadline registered (default)
[    0.915527] io scheduler cfq registered
[    0.922032] BCM2708FB: allocated DMA memory 57c00000
[    0.927392] BCM2708FB: allocated DMA channel 0 @ f2007000
[    0.947561] Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 170x48
[    0.964706] Serial: 8250/16550 driver, 0 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
[    0.972026] KGDB: Registered I/O driver kgdboc
[    1.006758] vc-cma: Videocore CMA driver
[    1.010818] vc-cma: vc_cma_base      = 0x00000000
[    1.015621] vc-cma: vc_cma_size      = 0x00000000 (0 MiB)
[    1.021281] vc-cma: vc_cma_initial   = 0x00000000 (0 MiB)
[    1.027286] vc-mem: phys_addr:0x00000000 mem_base=0x1ec00000 mem_size:0x20000000(512 MiB)
[    1.056178] brd: module loaded
[    1.068999] loop: module loaded
[    1.073444] vchiq: vchiq_init_state: slot_zero = 0xd7c80000, is_master = 0
[    1.082811] Loading iSCSI transport class v2.0-870.
[    1.089567] usbcore: registered new interface driver smsc95xx
[    1.095845] dwc_otg: version 3.00a 10-AUG-2012 (platform bus)
[    1.305958] Core Release: 2.80a
[    1.312895] Setting default values for core params
[    1.321547] Finished setting default values for core params
[    1.531114] Using Buffer DMA mode
[    1.538305] Periodic Transfer Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    1.547927] Multiprocessor Interrupt Enhancement - disabled
[    1.557262] OTG VER PARAM: 0, OTG VER FLAG: 0
[    1.565307] Dedicated Tx FIFOs mode
[    1.572935] WARN::dwc_otg_hcd_init:1047: FIQ DMA bounce buffers: virt = 0xd7c14000 dma = 0x57c14000 len=9024
[    1.586744] FIQ FSM acceleration enabled for :
[    1.586744] Non-periodic Split Transactions
[    1.586744] Periodic Split Transactions
[    1.586744] High-Speed Isochronous Endpoints
[    1.618488] dwc_otg: Microframe scheduler enabled
[    1.618622] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:412: FIQ on core 0 at 0xc0424a48
[    1.628326] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:413: FIQ ASM at 0xc0424d20 length 36
[    1.638287] WARN::hcd_init_fiq:438: MPHI regs_base at 0xd8896000
[    1.648111] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: DWC OTG Controller
[    1.656895] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    1.668031] dwc_otg 20980000.usb: irq 32, io mem 0x00000000
[    1.677385] Init: Port Power? op_state=1
[    1.684928] Init: Power Port (0)
[    1.692236] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    1.702825] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    1.713760] usb usb1: Product: DWC OTG Controller
[    1.722150] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.1.13+ dwc_otg_hcd
[    1.731620] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 20980000.usb
[    1.741158] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    1.748893] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    1.757315] dwc_otg: FIQ enabled
[    1.757343] dwc_otg: NAK holdoff enabled
[    1.757356] dwc_otg: FIQ split-transaction FSM enabled
[    1.757423] Module dwc_common_port init
[    1.758012] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[    1.768408] mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
[    1.779030] bcm2835-cpufreq: min=700000 max=900000
[    1.788125] sdhci: Secure Digital Host Controller Interface driver
[    1.798228] sdhci: Copyright(c) Pierre Ossman
[    1.807044] mmc-bcm2835 20300000.mmc: mmc_debug:0 mmc_debug2:0
[    1.816803] mmc-bcm2835 20300000.mmc: DMA channels allocated
[    1.866140] sdhci-pltfm: SDHCI platform and OF driver helper
[    1.882121] ledtrig-cpu: registered to indicate activity on CPUs
[    1.892367] hidraw: raw HID events driver (C) Jiri Kosina
[    1.906241] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[    1.916728] usbhid: USB HID core driver
[    1.925968] Initializing XFRM netlink socket
[    1.935225] NET: Registered protocol family 17
[    1.946101] Key type dns_resolver registered
[    1.955956] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00021501
[    1.966663] registered taskstats version 1
[    1.974804] vc-sm: Videocore shared memory driver
[    1.995643] mmc0: host does not support reading read-only switch, assuming write-enable
[    2.007549] [vc_sm_connected_init]: start
[    2.026701] [vc_sm_connected_init]: end - returning 0
[    2.035950] mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa
[    2.056265] mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SU08G 7.40 GiB
[    2.077317]  mmcblk0: p1 p2
[    2.112240] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[    2.124459] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) readonly on device 179:2.
[    2.136781] devtmpfs: mounted
[    2.144788] Freeing unused kernel memory: 352K (c07c6000 - c081e000)
[    2.215826] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc_otg
[    2.227506] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[    2.436364] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=9512
[    2.448916] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.463120] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[    2.472487] hub 1-1:1.0: 3 ports detected
[    2.755861] usb 1-1.1: new high-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[    2.866489] usb 1-1.1: New USB device found, idVendor=0424, idProduct=ec00
[    2.883878] usb 1-1.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
[    2.901525] smsc95xx v1.0.4
[    2.974291] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: register 'smsc95xx' at usb-20980000.usb-1.1, smsc95xx USB 2.0 Ethernet, b8:27:eb:05:2d:51
[    3.085844] usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 4 using dwc_otg
[    3.207173] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=2001, idProduct=3319
[    3.225983] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[    3.239138] usb 1-1.2: Product: Wireless N Nano USB Adapter
[    3.251791] usb 1-1.2: Manufacturer: Realtek
[    3.260997] usb 1-1.2: SerialNumber: 00e04c000001
[    4.033133] udevd[159]: starting version 175
[    5.637558] gpiomem-bcm2835 20200000.gpiomem: Initialised: Registers at 0x20200000
[   10.625024] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   11.173183] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[   12.181605] random: nonblocking pool is initialized
[   12.225315] tun: Universal TUN/TAP device driver, 1.6
[   12.243841] tun: (C) 1999-2004 Max Krasnyansky <maxk@qualcomm.com>
[   19.285218] FAT-fs (mmcblk0p1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[   23.299126] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: hardware isn't capable of remote wakeup
[   24.887444] smsc95xx 1-1.1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xC5E1
[   37.613370] Adding 102396k swap on /var/swap.  Priority:-1 extents:1 across:102396k SSFS
[   64.734205] uart-pl011 20201000.uart: no DMA platform data
There isn't any power led visible on the USB.

I use a 5V & 2A power supply.
The output of dmesg shows your kernel is 4.1.13+ #826 NOT 4.1.13-v7+ #826 so no wonder your wifi does not work. You are downloading the driver for the Pi 2 B and you appear to be using a different Pi. What does the output of command uname -a show.

If it shows 4.1.13+ #826 you need to download and install the correct driver with commands

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.13-826.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.13-826.tar.gz
./install.sh
Before downloading a driver you MUST check the output of command uname -a to see which version of driver you need to download.

The LED I was talking about was the PWR LED on the Pi, not the wifi.

MrEngman

ianpaulstone

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 am

for some reason I can't even get is usb or usbutils to function in the terminal... any advice please?

powerjam

Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:49 am

Hi all,

I've just purchased a pi, and I'm having issues getting wifi working. I bought it as part of the Canakit, so I have the RT5370 wifi dongle, which should work with the pi. When I click on the wireless network icon in the upper right, I'm prompted to input the password, I do so, and when I click "OK," nothing happens. Zilch. Nada. The icon doesn't change to reflect that it's trying to connect, as I think it should (?), and it doesn't appear to be thinking.

I went through the entire first post, but even after getting through everything, it still won't connect. Running an lsusb shows the wifi stick, and lsmod suggests that the needed modules are there. When I run ifconfig -a, I get a similar output to what is listed, though I get this additional line, which appears as the second line of the output:

"inet6 addr: fe80::c41d:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx/64 Scope:Link"

The wifi configuration is linked using the wpa-conf parameter to the file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf, and the configuration is as expected, including the network name and passcode. The wireless network I'm trying to connect to uses WEP, if that makes a difference.

I have not yet tried configuring wifi to use a static IP address. Would that potentially fix my problem? If so, why would that fix it? And how would I know what IP address to assign to it on an arbitrary network?

Finally, the pi can see the networks in the vicinity after running wpa_cli scan and checking the results.

In addition to following this guide, I've ensured that I can get on the internet with ethernet (I can) and don sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade to bring myself up to date.

At this point, I've done a ton of googling and this appears to be the thread that, of all the threads out there, should have my answer; however, even though it says at the end of the first post that I should have wifi after following the above steps, I don't :(.

Any ideas and/or guidance would be very greatly appreciated!

Abhiraj Tiwari

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:13 am

hey,
i have attached a Realtek RTL8192cu wifi dongle which is able to detect my home network but when i enter the "pre-shared key" which is hopefully the password to my WPA wifi. it gives an error of it being too short.

i know this has been asked previously but i m not able to follow those instructions, pls help and explain each step coz i m very new to pi.

Thanks in advance.

DougieLawson

Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:22 pm

x92127 wrote:How can I "flush" or "forget" a wifi network on the Raspberry?

Remove the

network = {
... stuff here ...
}
for the network you'd like to "forget".
Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

MrEngman

Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Abhiraj Tiwari wrote:hey,
i have attached a Realtek RTL8192cu wifi dongle which is able to detect my home network but when i enter the "pre-shared key" which is hopefully the password to my WPA wifi. it gives an error of it being too short.

i know this has been asked previously but i m not able to follow those instructions, pls help and explain each step coz i m very new to pi.

Thanks in advance.
Seen this error many times. Why it happens I don't know. I expect it is some form of bug in the code somewhere.

I configure my wifi by editing file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf in a terminal window using command

Set up the file to look like

update_config=1

network={
        ssid="Network-Name"
        psk="Network-Password"
}
substituting your own network name and password. Terminate the editor with key presses cntl-x, y, enter. Ensure the name and password match that set in your access point/router. Both the name and password are case sensitive.

You will see many variations of the file in the forum but this is a simple form that I use on all my Pi's 2B, B+, A+, Zero, B and A. wpa_supplicant can figure out for itself all the other items you will see described in all the more complicated formats.

MrEngman

Return to “Troubleshooting”