samuelt619

Raspbian image not booting after firmware update

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 am

I seem to be having an issue with my Raspberry Pi after running the firmware updater.
I know it isn't the Pi itself, because it works flawlessly with a separate SD card running Raspbmc.

After reboot, nothing comes on my screen and my green SD activity light flashes 3 times, pauses and flashes 3 times and this continues until I finally unplug it. I know that the power supply is fine as I've been running it for months now plus, like I said, it still works fine running Raspbmc.

I also know it isn't the SD card itself as I've been running Raspbian on the same exact SD card since I purchased the device months ago and it worked without a hitch.

TL;DR: My Pi won't boot after firmware update and my green light flashes constantly now. What do?

Also, if my image is trashed and I need to reformat the card, what can I do to save my file/games like Minecraft and Quake? Converting settings would also be nice, but I suppose I can redo those.
What would you accomplish today if you weren't afraid?

samuelt619

Re: Raspbian image not booting after firmware update

Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 am

I'm terribly sorry, folks. I was having a panic attack so I didn't take the time to search long enough to find a solution to this problem.

As it appears that everyone is having this problem, I shall post the link so that others may be able to easily find the solution (which worked GREAT for me) in the link below:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... es#p317347

Again, disregard this message. The geniuses in this wonderful community have already solved the problem. :D
What would you accomplish today if you weren't afraid?

Return to “Troubleshooting”