vsayanam

XWindow crashes after a few runs

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:52 am

After using pre-installed SD card for sometime, I changed to microSD with adaptor. I tried various XWindow types successfully but they crash after a few runs. Otherwise, it is OK. Also, while booting the microSD card shows error but gets corrected automatically. Is the problem due to microSD? Thanks in advance for advice on this

Jim JKla

Re: XWindow crashes after a few runs

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am

It may be power the xwindow may be pushing your RPi to make larger demands on your PSU.

A lot of issues come down to power errors on your SD mau be generated by delayed writes encountered when your RPi chashes out of the xwindow. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

MaxK1

Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 am

File system full is another common cause.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
When General Failure and Major Disaster get together, Private Parts usually suffers.

Jim JKla

Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Probably caused by filling log files.

I had this with a router that was blocking DOS attacks the ensuing reports causing as much of an issue as the DOS attack. ;)
Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

Return to “Troubleshooting”