MGM_NL
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Worked like a charm on build #848 as well.

Thank you very much!

pcharles
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi,

First thank a lot for all updates provide by MrEngman.

I have two questions :

- When the kernel will have updates will we loose wifi ?

- Why the driver support for DWA 131 is not included natively in new raspian distributions ? Support for wifi dongles is very valuable for Raspberry pi.

Paul.

joga
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi, is there any way to keep the driver working after doing rpi-update? After kernel makes an upgrade it seems that driver stops working, so I need to re install all over again with the new build =(

User avatar
DougieLawson
Posts: 36322
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:19 pm
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Contact: Website Twitter

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:38 pm

joga wrote:Hi, is there any way to keep the driver working after doing rpi-update? After kernel makes an upgrade it seems that driver stops working, so I need to re install all over again with the new build =(
Simple answer, don't ever run rpi-update. Stick with the stock, tested kernel that downloads with apt-get install raspberrypi-bootloader.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

marceloviana
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 am

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Please, I need the driver: D-link dwa-131
lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.
uname -r
3.12.25+

Thank!

marceloviana
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 am

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:03 am

Please, I need the driver: D-link dwa-131
lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.
uname -r
3.12.25+

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 am

marceloviana wrote:Please, I need the driver: D-link dwa-131
lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.
uname -r
3.12.25+

Thank!
Try this

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-3.12.25.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-3.12.25.tar.gz
./install.sh

MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

marceloviana
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 am

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 am

Very good!

Thank very must!

deamon0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello,

I know this thread is quite old now. But I have the same device and am experiencing the same issue. I am using DWA-131 vE1 WiFi adapter and running Kali Linux on my Pi 1.

Here are the details:

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0781:5581 SanDisk Corp. Ultra
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2109:2812 VIA Labs, Inc. VL812 Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9512/9514 USB Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

[email protected]:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fuse                   88715  3
evdev                  11280  2
sg                     21172  0
joydev                  9641  0
bcm2835_rng             2215  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3602  0
uio                     9897  1 uio_pdrv_genirq
ipv6                  360670  12

[email protected]:~# ifconfig -a
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether b8:27:eb:58:50:ff  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

[email protected]:~# uname -a
Linux kali 4.1.19 #1 PREEMPT Tue Mar 15 18:12:17 CDT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux
I'm a linux noob. Can anyone please help me with this? What things can I try to get this working?

P.S. I've not yet plugged the ethernet, so no internet as of now on my Pi. I'll later plug ethernet and run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to get the latest updates. Not sure if it will solve the problem. But will give that a try. Please let me know what more things I can try to get this working.

Thanks in advance! :)

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:30 pm

deamon0 wrote:Hello,

I know this thread is quite old now. But I have the same device and am experiencing the same issue. I am using DWA-131 vE1 WiFi adapter and running Kali Linux on my Pi 1.

Here are the details:

Code: Select all

[email protected]:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c534 Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0781:5581 SanDisk Corp. Ultra
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 2109:2812 VIA Labs, Inc. VL812 Hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9512 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9512/9514 USB Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

[email protected]:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fuse                   88715  3
evdev                  11280  2
sg                     21172  0
joydev                  9641  0
bcm2835_rng             2215  0
uio_pdrv_genirq         3602  0
uio                     9897  1 uio_pdrv_genirq
ipv6                  360670  12

[email protected]:~# ifconfig -a
eth0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        ether b8:27:eb:58:50:ff  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 65536
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

[email protected]:~# uname -a
Linux kali 4.1.19 #1 PREEMPT Tue Mar 15 18:12:17 CDT 2016 armv6l GNU/Linux
I'm a linux noob. Can anyone please help me with this? What things can I try to get this working?

P.S. I've not yet plugged the ethernet, so no internet as of now on my Pi. I'll later plug ethernet and run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" to get the latest updates. Not sure if it will solve the problem. But will give that a try. Please let me know what more things I can try to get this working.

Thanks in advance! :)
You need to install the driver for the DWA-131 vE1 wifi as it is not included in the kali image. Updating probably will not help.

I currently compile this driver for Raspbian. I am now looking to see if I can compile it for Kali and if I can I will let you know.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

deamon0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:00 am

MrEngman wrote: You need to install the driver for the DWA-131 vE1 wifi as it is not included in the kali image. Updating probably will not help.

I currently compile this driver for Raspbian. I am now looking to see if I can compile it for Kali and if I can I will let you know.



MrEngman
Thank you so much for the response. I am not sure where I can find the DWA-131 vE1 driver and how I can install the driver on Kali. I need to search for some article/thread to see if I can find info on this.

Please do let me know once you compile the driver for Kali. It would be great if I can get this working on my setup.

Much appreciate the effort you put into this. Thanks again! :) :)

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:33 pm

deamon0 wrote:
MrEngman wrote: You need to install the driver for the DWA-131 vE1 wifi as it is not included in the kali image. Updating probably will not help.

I currently compile this driver for Raspbian. I am now looking to see if I can compile it for Kali and if I can I will let you know.



MrEngman
Thank you so much for the response. I am not sure where I can find the DWA-131 vE1 driver and how I can install the driver on Kali. I need to search for some article/thread to see if I can find info on this.

Please do let me know once you compile the driver for Kali. It would be great if I can get this working on my setup.

Much appreciate the effort you put into this. Thanks again! :) :)
I've been able to compile a driver for Kali and it loads without problems but I'm having problems trying to get a wifi connection. I've no idea why other than I'm having to use the GUI to set it up. I never normally use the GUI or NetworkManager to set up my wifi and usually have no problems. I'm currently trying on a Pi B+.

This is the first time I've had problems like this so I'm not really sure what the problem is unless the driver does not support some items Kali needs.

If you want to try it you can download it and install it using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
./install.sh
Don't like Kali too much. One really annoying issue is when I try and shut it down. Instead of shutting down and powering off it just reboots. Mind you I've seen this with other images when using the GUI.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

deamon0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:58 pm

This is the first time I've had problems like this so I'm not really sure what the problem is unless the driver does not support some items Kali needs.

If you want to try it you can download it and install it using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
./install.sh
Don't like Kali too much. One really annoying issue is when I try and shut it down. Instead of shutting down and powering off it just reboots. Mind you I've seen this with other images when using the GUI.

MrEngman
Thank you for uploading the driver. Unfortunately I encountered the same issue. The driver installs fine, but there was no wifi still. "ifconfig" did not show wlan. Yep, Kali always reboots even when we shutdown, that's bad. :roll:

Generally, I'm a Debian/Debian based OS guy. I've been running core debian on my laptop even since the release of "squeeze". But just thought I'll try Kali on Pi to check out the stuff I could play with, but its sad that I could not get the wifi working for this device.

Anyway, I have now installed Raspbian 4.4 on Pi, but still I don't have wifi running out of the box. I guess you have a driver for this too? Could you please share the driver download link for this version if it is available?

Thanks again for your help! :)

uname -r = 4.4.11+

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 pm

deamon0 wrote:
This is the first time I've had problems like this so I'm not really sure what the problem is unless the driver does not support some items Kali needs.

If you want to try it you can download it and install it using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
./install.sh
Don't like Kali too much. One really annoying issue is when I try and shut it down. Instead of shutting down and powering off it just reboots. Mind you I've seen this with other images when using the GUI.

MrEngman
Thank you for uploading the driver. Unfortunately I encountered the same issue. The driver installs fine, but there was no wifi still. "ifconfig" did not show wlan. Yep, Kali always reboots even when we shutdown, that's bad. :roll:

Generally, I'm a Debian/Debian based OS guy. I've been running core debian on my laptop even since the release of "squeeze". But just thought I'll try Kali on Pi to check out the stuff I could play with, but its sad that I could not get the wifi working for this device.

Anyway, I have now installed Raspbian 4.4 on Pi, but still I don't have wifi running out of the box. I guess you have a driver for this too? Could you please share the driver download link for this version if it is available?

Thanks again for your help! :)

uname -r = 4.4.11+
For Raspbian use commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.4.11-891.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.4.11-891.tar.gz
./install.sh


MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

deamon0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:38 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:41 pm

MrEngman wrote:
deamon0 wrote:
This is the first time I've had problems like this so I'm not really sure what the problem is unless the driver does not support some items Kali needs.

If you want to try it you can download it and install it using commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.1.19-kali-rpi1.tar.gz
./install.sh
Don't like Kali too much. One really annoying issue is when I try and shut it down. Instead of shutting down and powering off it just reboots. Mind you I've seen this with other images when using the GUI.

MrEngman
Thank you for uploading the driver. Unfortunately I encountered the same issue. The driver installs fine, but there was no wifi still. "ifconfig" did not show wlan. Yep, Kali always reboots even when we shutdown, that's bad. :roll:

Generally, I'm a Debian/Debian based OS guy. I've been running core debian on my laptop even since the release of "squeeze". But just thought I'll try Kali on Pi to check out the stuff I could play with, but its sad that I could not get the wifi working for this device.

Anyway, I have now installed Raspbian 4.4 on Pi, but still I don't have wifi running out of the box. I guess you have a driver for this too? Could you please share the driver download link for this version if it is available?

Thanks again for your help! :)

uname -r = 4.4.11+
For Raspbian use commands

Code: Select all

wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/8192eu-4.4.11-891.tar.gz
tar xzf 8192eu-4.4.11-891.tar.gz
./install.sh


MrEngman
Thank you. The wifi now works! :)

NUtti85
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Hey, I'm not able to find anything for 4.4.50 v7 #970

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:54 am

NUtti85 wrote:Hey, I'm not able to find anything for 4.4.50 v7 #970
Dropbox have made a major change to their web site and its really screwed things up. Really annoying to say the least.

I have moved the drivers to a new site. You will need to download and install a new script to use the new site.

Download and install the new version of the script with commands

Code: Select all

sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
The command

Code: Select all

sudo install-wifi -h
will show details on using it.

This hopefully will let you get the driver you need. If it is still not available let me know and I will upload the version you need to the new site.



MrEngman
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

sealy_au
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:39 am

just wanted to say Mr Eggman you are a legend.....
how can we donate to you :P

igorzama
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:32 pm

I have tried the last one that MrEngman wrote and it does not work either. My version of raspbian has the 4.4.50-v7 kernel.
When I do ifconfig, wlan0 does not appear.
What else can I do?
Is a raspberry 2

igorzama
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 pm

I have tried the last one that MrEngman wrote and it does not work either. My version of raspbian has the 4.4.50-v7 kernel.
When I do ifconfig, wlan0 does not appear.
What else can I do?
Is a Raspberry 2

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:12 pm

igorzama wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 pm
I have tried the last one that MrEngman wrote and it does not work either. My version of raspbian has the 4.4.50-v7 kernel.
When I do ifconfig, wlan0 does not appear.
What else can I do?
Is a Raspberry 2
You tried the last one? What was that?

There are several different versions of the DWA 131. Please post the output from command lsusb so I can see which version you are using.

Download my script for installing the wifi drivers I compile which will select the right driver version and install it using commands.

Code: Select all

sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
Command sudo install-wifi -h shows info on how to use it. To install the driver on your current kernel version use command sudo install-wifi
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

igorzama
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi MrEngman, thanks for your quick response.
I tried this:

Code: Select all

sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo install-wifi -h
it didnt work for me.

I did lsusb and I attached the image of the result.
Image

My wifi adapter is:
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.

How can i do to install drivers for this?

Thanks

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:33 pm

igorzama wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm
Hi MrEngman, thanks for your quick response.
I tried this:

Code: Select all

sudo wget http://www.fars-robotics.net/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo install-wifi -h
it didnt work for me.

I did lsusb and I attached the image of the result.
Image

My wifi adapter is:
Bus 001 Device 008: ID 2001:3319 D-Link Corp.

How can i do to install drivers for this?

Thanks
If you only used the commands to download and install my script that you show in your post it will not install the wifi driver. It will install the script and only show the info how to use the script. You then need to run the script to install the wifi driver.

To install the wifi driver use command

Code: Select all

sudo install-wifi
If you have problems please post the information the script shows when you run the sudo install-wifi command.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

igorzama
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm

yes! sorry for that. I am a noob with raspbian. I already installed the drivers.
Now my raspbian detect the wifi adapter.
WLAN0 appear when I try ifconfig, but is not connecting.
I have my /etc/network/interfaces like this:

Code: Select all

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wpa-ssid "Mi_SSID"
        wpa-psk "Mi_Password"
When i do ifconfig the wlan0 section give me only inet6 addr: fe80 ........

Any idea??

Thanks

MrEngman
Posts: 3858
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK

Re: D.Link DWA 131 WLAN/USB Adapter not working

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm

igorzama wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm
yes! sorry for that. I am a noob with raspbian. I already installed the drivers.
Now my raspbian detect the wifi adapter.
WLAN0 appear when I try ifconfig, but is not connecting.
I have my /etc/network/interfaces like this:

Code: Select all

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wpa-ssid "Mi_SSID"
        wpa-psk "Mi_Password"
When i do ifconfig the wlan0 section give me only inet6 addr: fe80 ........

Any idea??

Thanks
You said you are using kernel 4.4.50-v7+ #970 so I assume it is Raspbian Jessie so you should not configure your wifi by editing file /etc/network/interfaces

Set up file /etc/network/interfaces to the standard default for kernel 4.4.50-v7+ like the following:-

File /etc/network/interfaces

Code: Select all

# interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)

# Please note that this file is written to be used with dhcpcd
# For static IP, consult /etc/dhcpcd.conf and 'man dhcpcd.conf'

# Include files from /etc/network/interfaces.d:
source-directory /etc/network/interfaces.d

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet manual
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 inet manual
    wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Then edit file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf to configure your wifi connection like:-

file /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Code: Select all

country=GB
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1

network={
        ssid="network-name"
        psk="network-password"
}
Change the line country=GB to use the country code where you are.

I use that same set up on all my Pis, Pi 1, B+, 2B, 3B, zero and zero W without problems.
Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. Edsger W. Dijkstra

Please post ALL technical questions on the forum. Please Do Not send private messages.

Return to “Troubleshooting”