Boddah

Remote VNC My Pi from my iPhone

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi all lm new so please bare with me ive recently been trying to find a link to setting up & running a vnc on my pi (im on wheezy) and being able to connect through my iphone from the app iteleport i have no knowledge of any of this sort of stuff i.e opening ports etc.. but I'm willing to learn (thats the reason i bought a pi),however im after a vnc server i can connect to using my 3g aswell as well as my wifi at home, is this possible ? If anyone has any experience with setting up iteleport with their pi's or anyone could tell me its possible that would be brilliant.

Boddah

Re: Remote VNC My Pi from my iPhone

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi thanks for your reply ive installed tightvncserver on my Pi and ive installed chicken on my mac to access my Pi via Vnc and that worked fine after a bit of tinkering, anyway ive also tried to access my Pi via my iphone and have followed the instructions in your link however i keep getting a connection error and it says its something to do with my firewall (but my Pi doesnt have one as far as im aware)
do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this ?

Anyway Thanks again for your help

tonyhughes

Re: Remote VNC My Pi from my iPhone

Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:08 pm

You must have a router or modem. They typically have a firewall, and the only way you can VNC in from the internet is by first setting up port forwarding in your router, to your Pi, using the ports configured in your VNC server config.

For others reading, you can get a very quick and easy TightVNC server install on your Pi via a menu click with Baked Raspberry Pi Mod. W00t!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”