i am at that point that the only solution could be to buy a new Raspberry Pi and see if it is the hardware that is the problem why i dont have any HDMI sound.
I bought my Raspberry 2 month ago (512mb) everything went well with installing Raspbmc and after i changede the config.txt to add the hdmi_drive=2 the audio worked fine.
I saved my config.txt file so every time i installed a new version of Raspbmc i could copy/paste the text over so i were 100% sure that it would work again.
Now 1 week ago i would try to start all over with my installation and installed the newest version of Raspbmc..... And thats it, cant get any sound out of my speakers anymore
tryed everything i think, read every forum about this issue and cant seem to find out what is wrong.
My setup is:
Raspberry Pi 512mb
The Pi is installed with a HDMI to my reciver and then a HDMI from reciver to my TV
Things i tryed:
- A new HDMI cable
- A different HDMI port in my reciver
- Reset my reciver to factory settings to start all over
- Tested the HDMI input with my WDTV live and it works fine with it
- HDMI from the Pi direct to my TV
- Reinstalled Raspbmc about 15 times and tryed different nightly builds
- Installed OpenElec and changed the config.txt to add the hdmi_drive=2
- Installed the newest version of Wheezy to try the ./hello_audio.bin
Nothing seems to work, strange that it worked fine for 2 month and now i suddenly cant get any sound out of my Pi.
I also tryed the analog output and changed the system settings to analog and there is sound in my headphones, so my Pi can play sounds but not when using HDMI.
Anyone have an idea what i could try?
(sorry for my bad english)