romansky

edit terminfo 4 command line terminal ?

Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Is there a way to edit the setup for a command line terminal?

I'm trying to run a programme from the command line (no gui) that runs fine if I ssh into the pi and start it, and it also comes up fine if I use screen to start the programme from the pi. But at the command line console itself, if I try to start the programme, it gets part way through it's init and drops back out to the command line prompt.

Looks to me like a terminal emulation problem with the default command line screen. It used to work in the July version of wheezy, but now I've updated to the Dec.16 th version, I am having this strange problem.

I looked at terminfo in the root directory -- it was blank.

I there any way to check the terminal settings? Is there a config file to change things?

Thanks for any insight(s)
jerome

romansky

Re: edit terminfo 4 command line terminal ?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:34 am

OK... figured it out... maybe I didn't express the question very well -- I was trying to change the terminal type from 'linux', the default, to vtxxx to see if the problem went away. Finally I was able to do it by seeing what was in the terminfo database and choosing a terminal to try:

To get a vt100 terminal emulation, type at the command prompt, TERM=vt100 (no spaces)

The problem went away with vt220 emulation.

That simple
jerome

Return to “Troubleshooting”