Have you worked through http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting# ... put_at_all ?Patpi wrote:I purchased my Raspberry PI in a kit with all accessories except the video device. I connected it via HDMI to each of my two Sony Bravia TVs (KDL32S3000 and KDL20S3000). The result was the same in each case ... a blank screen. I tried various settings but the only results were "no sync" and "out of range" Can anyone advise?
I wonder what Sony think is compatible with their TVs!Patpi wrote:... I emailed the Sony Helpline explaining my problem and their answer was ………. “ I understand that there is blank screen on the TVs when the Raspberry PI ( single-board computer) is connected to the HDMI Cable. Please note that the Raspberry PI is not compatible with the Sony TVs and cannot be connected using HDMI or other connection” ...
Sorry for taking so long to respond. As you have said I was misinformed by by the person answering on the "Sony Hotline". The problem was with the power supply that was included in the Raspberry PI kit purchased from Maplin. When everything is connected the voltage drops to 4.6 volts. I tried using the Samsung charger that came with my phone and everything seems to be working fine.zeitgeistxx wrote:You were misinformed by the person answering your questions on the 'Sony Hotline'. There is no reason why the Pi should not work through an hdmi connection on a Sony tv. It works on my Sony Bravia, my problem originating with the Pi, not the tv. As for having display problems with your Pi, this is a fundamental issue that has plagued linux from the beginning, I'm afraid. It can be tricky to get linux to properly display to a screen, and the only solution is for you to be willing to edit the file mentioned earlier in the thread. The problem is that there are so many, many different monitors and tvs manufactured and available out there, that it would be difficult to set things up so that they work perfectly for everyone out there right away. As for programming, it's really not that as much as editing the settings in a file, and seeing what works. Trial and error, I'm afraid.
Users browsing this forum: Imperf3kt and 34 guests