mindwave

RASPI4 displays solid GREEN screen on 50" Vizio LCD TV

Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:49 am

OK, this is a new one on me.

Ive heard about the new 64bit os and how the new mozilla media + the os makes the perfects streaming platform

and that seems like a vaid statement.

Now I have some libreelecs with all my TV and Movies and a NAS with my music on my network

setup a raspi4 with the new 64bit os and in my office everything works GREAT

move it out to the TV and it all goes to carple. I get not splash screen, no otput at all until its about time for a desktop at which point ts all radioactive slime green in color.

Ive even plugged in a small 7" screen to the 2nd hdmi port and it fires up abnd displays ALMOST fine, except for some reasonI cant get my task pbar on the screen.

Now I have a PI4 plugged into a different HDMI port on the tv with libreelec and it works fine, but the wife doesnt like libreelec, and prefers a folder doubli click/launch vlc play

well ok there is ONE thing wrong with the libreelec - no sound - i even plugged in an external usb sound card and nothing

the sad part is that everything worked perfect before i moved last month, unfortunately havent unpacked everything so the PIs that were in the living room are still in boxes....

any and all ideas are GREATLY appreciated.\

JUST so you know what I have tried:
1) I have tried several different sd cards
2) ive tried all the different hdmi ports
3) I have an \smart\ hdmi splitter device that I was using in the other house
4) and I believe I have even tried a completely different pi4

HawaiianPi

Re: RASPI4 displays solid GREEN screen on 50" Vizio LCD TV

Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:46 am

That could be a problem with the HDMI cable (or micro-HDMI adapter, if you are using one).
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

aBUGSworstnightmare

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:53 am

Has your TV ever been tested with Raspberry Pi? 64bit OS is beta, so might have some issues..
Have you tested 32bit OS too (as you mention 'several SD cards been tested')?

Your TV needs to connect to HDMI0, the output next to uSB-C. What is your TV's resolution? In case of a UHD you want to add 'hdmi_enable_4kp60=1' to your config.txt file

mindwave

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:20 pm

im almost conviced its either the os or the pi

i have other pi4s running llibreelec that work fine, ive plugged this one into every hdmi port on the tv (although thanks for thetip on the hdmi0)

i finally found the box where my NUC is packed so it may be a non issue, just aggrevating

hippy

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:38 pm

mindwave wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:49 am
the sad part is that everything worked perfect before i moved last month, unfortunately havent unpacked everything so the PIs that were in the living room are still in boxes....

any and all ideas are GREATLY appreciated.\
One idea : Unpack those boxes.

nmstewart

Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am

I had problems connecting my PI4s to a TV. I edited the /boot/config.txt and uncommented the line hdmi_safe=1. I was able to get video then change the resolution using the screen configuration menu.

renice123

Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Perhaps you have not configured Rpi in CEA mode (work with a TV receiver including)? by default, the minicomputer acts as a DMT monitor. I have a professional camcorder monitor, it works fine as CEA, but when I connect it as DMT, I see color distortion.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... t/video.md

Return to “Troubleshooting”