nathanlitjens

LCD screen cutting off windows at the bottom

Sat May 09, 2020 10:25 am

Hi everyone,

Brand new to Raspberry Pi so you may see me asking a bunch of questions here.

My problem is with the 480x320 touchscreen. I'm running the latest Raspbian and everything fits in to the screen until I try to unzip a file for example. The bottom of the popup windows will be somewhere off the bottom of the screen and I cannot scroll down to see them and the options - so I can't proceed with anything. Moving the windows isn't enough either, the "right click" suggestion also doesn't do anything useful and scrolling is not an option.

I'm keen to get going with some projects but not being able to see all of a popup window is making it impossible...

Thanks in advance

Nathan

mooblie

Re: LCD screen cutting off windows at the bottom

Sat May 09, 2020 10:36 am

If you have connected (or can connect) a physical keyboard, does holding down 'alt' then allow you to physically drag the window around with the mouse (from anywhere in the window's centre) to show the buttons you need access to at the bottom?

nathanlitjens

Sat May 09, 2020 10:44 am

Yes, it does work! In future, would there be a way to keep the popups small enough or is it a feature of this LCD resolution?

Thanks

mooblie

Sat May 09, 2020 2:42 pm

It's always going to be a problem when you use a GUI on a small screen - many dialogue boxes and fixed sized windows are too big. I'm guessing you're using a 3.5" diagonal touchscreen?

You can always ask the Pi Foundation itself about smaller or scrollable windows - but not here - this forum is mainly user-to-user, although the mods will see this, and may respond.

Return to “Troubleshooting”