postcd

The name org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Raspbian 10, kernel 4.19.93-v7l+

i tried to disable lightdm service (chkconfig disable lightdm) and make startup script for Kodi service. (seen when searching for "Option 1 (without desktop):" here.
It worked to launch Kodi appliacation after boot. But after i quit the Kodi, i was not offered command prompt, there was only bootup progress items.

Now i am in the moment where i am unable to return to the state where desktop interface appeared after boot.
I can SSH into the Pi, but no desktop.

lightdm command returns:

** (lightdm:1089): WARNING **: 21:02:00.128: Error getting user list from org.freedesktop.Accounts: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files

I tried to "apt reinstall lightdm" and confirm the "pi" autologin into GUI is enabled in "sudo raspi-config".

Which commands should i try please?

UPDATE: i think that i messed it even more. Please how do i reinstall whole desktop environment and related things?
RPi4 + Raspbian 10

deepo

Re: The name org.freedesktop.Accounts was not provided by any .service files

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 pm

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with insufficient privileges.
I think I saw it when trying to start a service without sudo in front of the command.

/Mogens

DarrenHill

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:27 pm

That error line appears in all Kodi.log files on the Pi, even from installs that are fully working.

It's generally not an issue and can be ignored, so your problem may be elsewhere?

postcd

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:04 pm

Thanks. OP here. Regarding desktop reinstall, i think this may help:
sudo apt-get reinstall lxsession;sudo apt install --reinstall lightdm;sudo systemctl enable lightdm
(because after that, desktop started loading for me after boot)

But the desktop interface shows window: No session for pid 810 (number is changing across reboots)
810 was lxpolkit (lsof -p 810)
Mentioned lsof command shown path to a log file /home/pi/.cache/lxsession/LXDE-pi/run.log and HERE is its content.
RPi4 + Raspbian 10

Return to “Troubleshooting”