Casty

Anyone successfully using two wireless Xbox 360 controllers?

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 am

Hey all. I'm having an issue when trying to use two wireless Xbox 360 Controllers using xboxdrv.

I've initialized xboxdrv twice with different wireless IDs and they both connect. However, when I'm running two instances of xboxdrv some button presses are missed. Naturally, it seems like a power issue, but even when I run xboxdrv twice with only one controller on it still does it for me. Not to mention I have the receiver on a powered USB hub.

Has anyone successfully gotten two controllers working wirelessly, with or without Xboxdrv? I'm totally stumped. It feels like a conflict in the software, possibly with Raspbian. I can post specifics if desired. Thanks in advance.

LetHopeItsSnowing

Re: Anyone successfully using two wireless Xbox 360 controll

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Ive not got 2 working but do you have any instructions / links for getting 1 working? What are you using them for?
"am I getting slower, or is stuff more complicated; either way I now have to write it down - stuffaboutcode.com"

Casty

Re: Anyone successfully using two wireless Xbox 360 controll

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 am

LetHopeItsSnowing wrote:Ive not got 2 working but do you have any instructions / links for getting 1 working? What are you using them for?
If you're on Raspbian:

sudo apt-get install xboxdrv

Then if connecting a wireless controller, open up a separate terminal (ctrl+alt+f2) and enter:

sudo xboxdrv

To run another wireless controller, you need to run multiple instances of xboxdrv, e.g.:

sudo xboxdrv --wid 0 & sudo xboxdrv --wid 1

This is a very basic version to get it to work. There is a lot of information on the forums, but your mileage may vary on your success. See more info here: http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/xboxdrv/

Once I have everything working the way I want it, I plan to do a tutorial to get both EmulationStation/Retroarch and Xbian/XBMC working with wireless Xbox controllers.

Return to “Troubleshooting”