Alvingkh

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (Solid Green Light Fixed)

Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Hey guys, I'm just sharing what cause my brand new raspberry pi 4 model B that I received today to have solid green light. I tried every way possible in this forum to fix it but it doesn't work at all and I thought it's dead.

Finally after more than 12 hours of formatting again and again and also failed to restore eeprom. Suddenly it work because of 2 issue that I found out.

First, it's because of the card reader slot on board. It's not tight enough or it's not holding the sd card properly, causing it unable to read the sd card. I ensure you that it's not the sd card problem because I have tested 5 different sd card and different brand. At first, I pressed down the steel holder and it started to blink. But after few minutes, it went into solid again. So I added a piece of thin plastic to make it tighter and it is now working perfectly.

Second, if you have this type of casing same as mine. Make sure your fan screw head is inside and the nuts is outside. Because mine were reversed at first and the screw touched the wireless Bluetooth steel case and it caused the pi short circuit I think. I heard some electric shock noise coming from there, then only I noticed the screw is touching it. This issue also make my pi failed to load.

That's all guys, sorry for my bad English.
Hope this might help some of you.

Burngate

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (Solid Green Light Fixed)

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:09 am

Alvingkh wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:52 pm
.., it's because of the card reader slot on board. It's not tight enough or it's not holding the sd card properly, causing it unable to read the sd card. I ensure you that it's not the sd card problem because I have tested 5 different sd card and different brand. At first, I pressed down the steel holder and it started to blink. But after few minutes, it went into solid again. So I added a piece of thin plastic to make it tighter and it is now working perfectly.
That's interesting.
We're told the Pis are all tested at the factory, but I wonder if that involves inserting an sd card.
I also wonder about the tolerances of sd card thicknesses, and the tolerances of the sockets.

Return to “Troubleshooting”