Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am

pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:38 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:37 am
Memory Card which has Raspbian Strech latest to Raspberry PI 4.
You should be using Raspbian Buster for the pi4, a pi4 will not boot using Raspbian stretch.
Really? But there are some SDKs which only supports Stretch like Alexa device SDK. So If I can't run this so what's the meaning of backward compatibility?

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am

jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:37 am
Jamesh do you also live in India?
No, work for Raspberry Pi in Cambridge, England.
Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20902
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:48 am

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am
pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:38 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:37 am
Memory Card which has Raspbian Strech latest to Raspberry PI 4.
You should be using Raspbian Buster for the pi4, a pi4 will not boot using Raspbian stretch.
Really? But there are some SDKs which only supports Stretch like Alexa device SDK. So If I can't run this so what's the meaning of backward compatibility?

Alexa is an Amazon Product and it is up to their developers to support...

....what has this got to do with Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading ??



Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading offer Raspbian Buster Operating System which is suitable for all Raspberry Pi SBC and Compute Module.



So back to basics are you running Raspbian Buster on your Raspberry Pi 4B ???
Retired disgracefully.....

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20902
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:37 am
Jamesh do you also live in India?
No, work for Raspberry Pi in Cambridge, England.
Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.

AFAIAA it should state RS Components or Element 14 ( Farnell ) in the paperwork included which each Raspberry Pi ??
Retired disgracefully.....

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23874
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:37 am
Jamesh do you also live in India?
No, work for Raspberry Pi in Cambridge, England.
Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.
I believe so, but my experience is with warranties in the EU (technically two years here)
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:48 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am
pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:38 am


You should be using Raspbian Buster for the pi4, a pi4 will not boot using Raspbian stretch.
Really? But there are some SDKs which only supports Stretch like Alexa device SDK. So If I can't run this so what's the meaning of backward compatibility?

Alexa is an Amazon Product and it is up to their developers to support...

....what has this got to do with Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading ??



Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading offer Raspbian Buster Operating System which is suitable for all Raspberry Pi SBC and Compute Module.



So back to basics are you running Raspbian Buster on your Raspberry Pi 4B ???
No Sir, I am not running Buster on Raspberry Pi 4B. Actually I am making a product using the voice Assistant (Snips and Alexa) and both are running on Raspberian stretch lite and Raspbian stretch respectively.

And as there is an update in the development board of Raspberry PI I was thinking to use Raspberry PI 4 for the development and PoC of Product. But due to this, I was stuck. That's why I just asked.

If raspberry pi 4 doesn't boot on stretch then I have to use raspberry pi 3. :cry:

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20902
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:29 am

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:48 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:39 am


Really? But there are some SDKs which only supports Stretch like Alexa device SDK. So If I can't run this so what's the meaning of backward compatibility?

Alexa is an Amazon Product and it is up to their developers to support...

....what has this got to do with Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading ??



Raspberry Pi Foundation / Trading offer Raspbian Buster Operating System which is suitable for all Raspberry Pi SBC and Compute Module.



So back to basics are you running Raspbian Buster on your Raspberry Pi 4B ???
No Sir, I am not running Buster on Raspberry Pi 4B. Actually I am making a product using the voice Assistant (Snips and Alexa) and both are running on Raspberian stretch lite and Raspbian stretch respectively.

And as there is an update in the development board of Raspberry PI I was thinking to use Raspberry PI 4 for the development and PoC of Product. But due to this, I was stuck. That's why I just asked.

If raspberry pi 4 doesn't boot on stretch then I have to use raspberry pi 3. :cry:

It was clearly stated on the release of the RPi 4B that only Raspbian Buster officially supported:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... w-from-35/
Retired disgracefully.....

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:31 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 am


No, work for Raspberry Pi in Cambridge, England.
Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.

AFAIAA it should state RS Components or Element 14 ( Farnell ) in the paperwork included which each Raspberry Pi ??
I don't know what is this "AFAIAA. And Paperwork I saw was just about How much power supply and how to not damage power supply in the box. nothing else which I think comes inside every raspberry pi box-Regularity and compliance. Nothing else was there.

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:34 am

jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:40 am


No, work for Raspberry Pi in Cambridge, England.
Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.
I believe so, but my experience is with warranties in the EU (technically two years here)
I think it is partiality to not give the same to other countries. :lol:

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 20902
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:31 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:43 am


Hey, the seller is saying that the 1-year warranty is on the Manufacturing defect. Is he right? Because I didn't find any documents regarding it inside the Raspberry Pi box or anywhere.

As far as I

AFAIAA it should state RS Components or Element 14 ( Farnell ) in the paperwork included which each Raspberry Pi ??
I don't know what is this "AFAIAA. And Paperwork I saw was just about How much power supply and how to not damage power supply in the box. nothing else which I think comes inside every raspberry pi box-Regularity and compliance. Nothing else was there.

As Far As I Am Aware

Though until you run Raspbian Buster you will not know if you have a faulty RPi...
Retired disgracefully.....

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 23874
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:42 am

There are updates in Buster (mainly MESA, but also other bits) that are required to run the Raspberry Pi and the new Mesa/KMS driver. So Buster is what you need for the Pi4. Note that our release of Buster is backwards compatible to all earlier models. We are not responsible for third party OS.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:43 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:31 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 am



As far as I

AFAIAA it should state RS Components or Element 14 ( Farnell ) in the paperwork included which each Raspberry Pi ??
I don't know what is this "AFAIAA. And Paperwork I saw was just about How much power supply and how to not damage power supply in the box. nothing else which I think comes inside every raspberry pi box-Regularity and compliance. Nothing else was there.

As Far As I Am Aware

Though until you run Raspbian Buster you will not know if you have a faulty RPi...
I read whole Blog Post and couldn't find any sentences which say it strictly work on Raspbian Buster.
To support Raspberry Pi 4, we are shipping a radically overhauled operating system, based on the forthcoming Debian 10 Buster release. This brings numerous behind-the-scenes technical improvements, along with an extensively modernized user interface, and updated applications including the Chromium 74 web browser.
Or I did not understood it. OK, I will load Rasbian Buster right away on it and try.

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am

jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:42 am
There are updates in Buster (mainly MESA, but also other bits) that are required to run the Raspberry Pi and the new Mesa/KMS driver. So Buster is what you need for the Pi4. Note that our release of Buster is backward compatible to all earlier models. We are not responsible for third party OS.
I tried with buster and 2out of 5 times it booted and after booting I followed the setup process and on a Wi-Fi connection, it was showing

"No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.

pws
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:42 am
There are updates in Buster (mainly MESA, but also other bits) that are required to run the Raspberry Pi and the new Mesa/KMS driver. So Buster is what you need for the Pi4. Note that our release of Buster is backward compatible to all earlier models. We are not responsible for third party OS.
I tried with buster and 2out of 5 times it booted and after booting I followed the setup process and on a Wi-Fi connection, it was showing

"No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.
"Yeah power is good...." - and you STILL believe that??

Try a real power SUPPLY (not a charger).

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:32 pm

pws wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:13 pm
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:42 am
There are updates in Buster (mainly MESA, but also other bits) that are required to run the Raspberry Pi and the new Mesa/KMS driver. So Buster is what you need for the Pi4. Note that our release of Buster is backward compatible to all earlier models. We are not responsible for third party OS.
I tried with buster and 2out of 5 times it booted and after booting I followed the setup process and on a Wi-Fi connection, it was showing

"No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.
"Yeah power is good...." - and you STILL believe that??

Try a real power SUPPLY (not a charger).
I am using the Official Raspberry PI 4 Charger. And please tell me about this: "No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.

pcmanbob
Posts: 7067
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 pm
Location: Mansfield UK

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am

"No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.
Did you run raspi-config and set the location and wifi location , wifi will not work until you do this ?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Lucifer22334
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:36 am

Re: Urgent : Raspberry Pi 4 doesn't send Signal to HDMI

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:09 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:33 pm
Lucifer22334 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:45 am

"No Wifi Interface Found" so is Wi-Fi module defective or something.
Did you run raspi-config and set the location and wifi location , wifi will not work until you do this ?

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... -config.md
Yes, I also tried this. But still no effect. It is showing "No Wi-Fi interface Found" . I also have an old Raspberry pi 3 which shows "No AP found nearby" even though I have kept on Mobile hotspot (2.4 GHz) and router with same specs.

So If both are solved I am happy. :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”