doubleudee1

Plugin or Download for Pi?

Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm

I seem to remember downloading from this sit an addon for rasbian, i cannot find it as I cannot remember the name of it, but a member here put the link to it on a post for someone.
The link/download in question allows you to use the visual aspect of raspian (loaded from NOOBS) to see and mangae any HDD's you have connected to your pi.
I lost mine when I had to reload raspbian from the noobs software by pressing the shift key to reload it, but now I am stuck as this addon was really handy and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Could someone please put the link up here for me to reload it as i don't even know what it was called to do a search for it but it was great as a HDD manager to do many things like reformatting, joining sectors, mounting the HDD's, renaming disks etc.

Thanks
WD
Make the most of your family and friends , your children grow up too quickly and you don't notice yourself ageing, friends dissapearing, moving on. You make plans for your future, but they can all be smashed in an instant, live life and enjoy. :)

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Plugin or Download for Pi?

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:29 pm

doubleudee1 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:48 pm
I seem to remember downloading from this sit an addon for rasbian, i cannot find it as I cannot remember the name of it, but a member here put the link to it on a post for someone.
The link/download in question allows you to use the visual aspect of raspian (loaded from NOOBS) to see and mangae any HDD's you have connected to your pi.
I lost mine when I had to reload raspbian from the noobs software by pressing the shift key to reload it, but now I am stuck as this addon was really handy and I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Could someone please put the link up here for me to reload it as i don't even know what it was called to do a search for it but it was great as a HDD manager to do many things like reformatting, joining sectors, mounting the HDD's, renaming disks etc.

Thanks
WD
Are you, perhaps, thinking of gparted? (There are some screenshots at the bottom of one of my webpages here: http://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi ... OnP4B.html )
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie or Stretch on some older Pi's (an A, B1, 2xB2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W, 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, and a A+) but Buster on the P4B's & P400. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

doubleudee1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am

Yes thats it, thanks, I'l do a search for it now.
Make the most of your family and friends , your children grow up too quickly and you don't notice yourself ageing, friends dissapearing, moving on. You make plans for your future, but they can all be smashed in an instant, live life and enjoy. :)

fruitoftheloom

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 am

doubleudee1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:43 am
Yes thats it, thanks, I'l do a search for it now.

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt install gparted
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

doubleudee1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am

Thanks, got it loaded, I can see my HDD (formatted in ntfs) but I am unable to mount it, when I check the information on it I can see the following:-

File System ntfs size 3.64TB
Label (blank)
UUID 7A457E8F496DE432
Status NOT MOUNTED

Partition
Path: /dev/sda1 First Sector 2048
Name: CCTV1 Last Sector 7814035455
Flags msfdata Total Sectors 7814033408

WARNING:
Unable to read the contents of the file system because of this some operations may be unavailable. The cause might be a missing software package.
The following list of software packages is required for ntfs file system support, ntfs-3g / ntfsprogs.

I have already loaded ntfs-3g when I loaded Samba but when I try to load the other package I get the following:-

sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ntfsprogs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ntfsprogs' has no installation candidate

??????????????
Can anyone help please

fruitoftheloom

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:37 am

doubleudee1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 am
Thanks, got it loaded, I can see my HDD (formatted in ntfs) but I am unable to mount it, when I check the information on it I can see the following:-

File System ntfs size 3.64TB
Label (blank)
UUID 7A457E8F496DE432
Status NOT MOUNTED

Partition
Path: /dev/sda1 First Sector 2048
Name: CCTV1 Last Sector 7814035455
Flags msfdata Total Sectors 7814033408

WARNING:
Unable to read the contents of the file system because of this some operations may be unavailable. The cause might be a missing software package.
The following list of software packages is required for ntfs file system support, ntfs-3g / ntfsprogs.

I have already loaded ntfs-3g when I loaded Samba but when I try to load the other package I get the following:-

sudo apt-get install ntfsprogs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ntfsprogs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'ntfsprogs' has no installation candidate

??????????????
Can anyone help please

Have you fully updated Raspbian Buster ?

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
sudo reboot
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

doubleudee1

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:51 am

Thanks for the pointer fruitoftheloom, helps a bit, will run some checks.
FYI :- I own a Static Caravan at Golden Cap, down your way regularly :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”