If your VLC media player is freezing then you fix it either by changing the cache value or Disabling the Hardware Decoding.
• Open VLC player
• Press ctrl + p to open preference
• At the bottom of the page you will see show setting under that select All
• Now, go to Input/codes section
• Here search for File caching option (changing cache value), change the value from 300 to 1000 and save.
• Or Hardware-accelerated decoding (to disable Hardware Decoding) and disable it.
Apply the steps one after the another to fix VLC Media Player Freezes issue.