Cacodemon

Strange purple lines with the official Pi screen

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Tried to google this few months back, but didn't find much on the subject. I'm currently running Raspbian Stretch on Pi 3+ and the official screen. I'm getting these odd lines on my screen, usually from startup/splash or after running anything on the Pi: I'll let the attachment speak for my case. Checked the connections and didn't attach anything else to my Pi yet. Originally I had a basic Linux set up on my Pi, and the lines were there with it too... they probably were from the first day I used the screen if I recall right.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (187.63 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Have I missed something or is my screen just flawed? What could be causing those annoying lines? And most importantly, how can I get rid of those lines for good? :p

andrum99

Re: Strange purple lines with the official Pi screen

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Try removing and re-seating the display ribbon cable at the Pi end, making sure it is inserted fully in the socket and there are no greasy fingerprints on the contacts. If that fails, try the same with the display end of the cable. Failing that, disconnect everything else from the Pi and use an official power supply to rule out power problems.

Cacodemon

Re: Strange purple lines with the official Pi screen

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:49 am

Did so. The purple lines persist. :(

Return to “Troubleshooting”